Home

my pc sux

Nebelwerfer_

Originally posted by Nebelwerfer_

I am the bigest starwars fan and my pc sux. It runs jk2 like molassess. The only game i can play with ease is MOTS. so thats basically all i still play. am i lame or what?

Almost as lame as I... I can't run JK2 either! :D

I have just been redeemed from the "losers who can't run Jkii" pool. I just bought a Pentium 4 1.8ghz, system with 512 MB of RAM and a 64MB GeForce 2 card. A good system is the only way to play. Oh, and to top it off, I got this system for $800. Not bad eh?

Mine is 1.5 gb with 512 RAM and 64 MB card. It has problems with the game! My other computer is 1.2 gb with 128 RAM and a 64 MB card (though inferior to my other one) and it runs the game a lot better. It's so irritating.

Qui-Gon_Jinn.jpg

Master Qui-Gon's TPM Strategy Guide.

it seems that a better card doesn not mean better performance.

I agree. I'm running JK2 on a Kyro 2 from Hercules and so far the game has run perfectly - not a single bug or glitch. Note a couple of things about the Kyro though:

- it requires a BIG cpu (doesn't scale well below 1Ghz)

- translucency like fog, smoke, and explosions can bring its fps down to the teens...or lower. Not that bad a sacrifice when I usually get 70-90 fps.

I'm amazed how many people are having problems playing this game. Usually, with an Nvidia card, every game works fine.

My Radeon card works fine with JK2, except for those volumetric shadows. Has anyone got those shadows to work?

Out of curiosity I tried JK2 on my other system. This other system has a Pentium 2 200 mmx, 96mb ram, Voodoo3. It actually is almost(:D ) playable!

JK2 ran fine with my P3 1Ghz, 512Mb ram and Voodoo5 under WinME, but when I changed to WinXP, JK2 was unplayable.. so I had to change to a GF2Ti 64meg.. not the best of cards.. 2d image quality sucks.. but at least I get good speed in games...

Archived