Home

So what's the secret to Pull?

Ten Tigers

If I didnt know any better Id say some people were using a cheat mod or something.

I have level 3 Pull AND Push. Yet Pull never seems to floor people like it does me. I dont get it. Im emulating what everyone else does. But it doesnt matter if they are in my face or ten feet away. At best I pull them face to face but it never seems to floor them. It also doesnt seem to matter if they are walking or holding still. EVERYBODY seems to be immune to my pull.

So what's the deal? What does 98% of the internet community seem to know that I dont? Im sick of the Pull/Sweep combo so I wanna start spamming it back to people who abuse it.

Alright here are few rules for pulling / pushing people around:

Assuming the opponent has pull / push of his own he will use it automatically to negate your pull / push, success depends on your levels in the force powers.

You're more suspectiple to pull / push when you're moving.

When you're in the air (falling, jumping, raising up with kickflip) a pull / push will always affect you.

If you're in middle of attack pull / push will always affect you.

Note that even if the pull / push is successful it doesn't mean that the target will always fall over.

Pulling is more common now that you are less likely to pull someone at you so that he kills you (still possible but you will rarely get tagged like you would if you pulled someone who did a DFA). Pulling follows the same rules as pushing, in that you must look at the person to pull them off their feet and they most either be not looking at you or in the middle of an attack/air movement. The best way I've seen to pull someone who is being *difficult* (i.e. they know not to look away from you, etc) is to try to strafe from their side and pull them before they can face you, this works really great if they try to attack you while you strafe around them.

Very few people use rolls. Rolling is great to get around an enemy or to surprise him with a push or pull as you come out of the roll.

Listen for absorb to be activated! Don't just wildly push/pull to turn their "blue" on. Absorb makes a very unique and LOUD sound even from far away, crank up those speakers and you will know exactly when you can pull them without them being able to do anything about it.

Finally, vary up your attacks, if someone expects you to pull them every time you can, then you will only win out of pure luck. Switch things up, throw your saber or use blue's crouching special... if you are lucky they will still think you are trying to push them and remain stationary for you to cut to ribbons. :D

Thanks for the useful input guys. It's nice to see peopel still willing to help each other out. Especially with what these forums have been degrading to lately.

I will have to try this out tonight...:D

And I shant spam anyone except spammers.:fett:

Originally posted by Rogue15

you know what would be really cool, is if someone force pushed you off a cliff, and you used force pull to drag them down with you. is that possible in jedi outcast?

Yes I believe it is, I've done it except the person who threw me over was gripping me. We did laugh at it quite a bit :D

Hmm.

I've been having problems with pull merchants recently too, what with the aforementioned disease known as pullsweep spreading virulently.

The thing that gets me though is that I can be standing dead still, facing my opponent, full force bar, doing nothing, and I can still be pulled over.

I've not had a chance to experiment but my guess is that this is because I don't have even level 1 force pull on my usual config? I use push a fair bit and imagined that being the opposite of pull, it is my push level that would counter pull used against me.

Is it in fact that Pull counters Pull automatically, and not Push counters Pull automatically?

Originally posted by Crusader

Is it in fact that Pull counters Pull automatically, and not Push counters Pull automatically?

I believe you're correct. I can't be certain though, I consider level 3 push and pull both rudimentary to my config so I always have them.

That's correct I had heaps of fun flinging a friend around the shop be cause he dropped push/pull for the more exotic dark powers.

If you really want to see push and pull in action play any bottomless pit map. Gripping/pushing/pulling/kicking your opponent to a screaming death becomes second nature.

Pushing also seems to really work on anybody knocked down.

Guest HertogJan

Most people I fight have push and pull maxed out :( I have them maxed out always, but sometimes I get pushed and pulled so much, I'm really wondering if he's using a cheat or something...

I know when you're vulnerable and I don't get pushed and pulled very often, but sometimes some guy just succeeds every time! Even when I'm not attacking, walking, jumping etc...

What I was trying to establish is this:

If you have level 3 Push, and level 0 Pull (ie no Pull), do you still automatically block attempts to Pull you? ie does Push nullify Pull.

At the moment I am thinking that Push counters Push, and Pull counters Pull, instead of Push counters Pull and vice versa, which seems the logical way to do it to me.

being able to pull someone is defined by range. pwr stance. and the activity of your target.

and perfect timing.

All of which i have down to a science :)

Push is worthless.

!.03 is great for pull whores.

I blocked all the shots as i just pulled people into me backstabbing them.

Great job raven!

6. Forcepull: The three levels of this power will cost you 1, 3 or 6 points. Forcepull negates the effects of Forcepush. Beware however, that when you jump or roll while being pushed you’ll still be knocked down/pushed of of cliffs!!! Forcepull negates Forcepull of an enemy but NOT Forcepush.

Best thing yesterday = I was on bespin_pipes (or whatever the map is called :p) and these 2 dudes are comin at me on a bridge. One of them is clearly a nOOb because he tries to slam me with the sabre, and the other one is little experienced, so he was holding back. So the nOOb goes at me with his sabre, and I just push him down. It was like a classic :D. So the second guy approaches me and grips me. However he was a bit slow on letting me down, so I pushed him off the other end of the bridge and we both fell down, followed by my sentence "You're coming with me"

Great game really ;)

Archived