Home

This forum has gone down the pan

ghedley

What has happened to this place?

I am a regular browser of these forums (and as you can see from my register date I have been here from the start, although I normally dont have time to post much)

This forum was once a nice, welcoming forum, with regulars who would help each other out. Disagreements occured, but everyone would have a laugh about it, and generally agree to disagree, before moving onto something else.

Now this place is full of hundreds of little swearing, 'Elite', as they like to call themselves, teenagers.

There is hardly a post goes by where I either cant read it because it is full of 'Elite' shorthand, or I don't want to read it because it is full of slanging matches between people, which degenerates into everyone calling everyone else whores after 3 posts.

I am not appealing to the little illiterate teenagers, as they will dissapear when the next 'Elite' game comes out, but I am appealing to the admins and moderators, get a grip on this forum, and restore some order. I have been coming here less and less, and I will continue to unless some of these little brats are kicked out.

Gordon.

Too many newbies joining a forum at about the same time, usually makes anything go down the drain. Just ignore them and ride it out and only the really dedicated will stay around and become regulars.

BTW, don't the mods and admins have their own secret forum where you can communicate with eack other? Can't you just tell the admins about the trouble they're causing? Shame you guys don't have Ike, he's real strict about the rules.

I totally agree with Ghedley, people.

It's a shame, but if you compare recent and not so recent posts, its a big difference in style, content, and respect.

Whenever you join a forum, you have to agree to the rules regarding decency, tolerance, language, etc, but in so many cases these rules are ignored.

If all these people want to do is be intolerant and abusive, why not set up their own sites with different ""forum regulations" and then they can diss each other off and leave the constructive communication and inspiration to the people who really care about the game and genre.

Oops. That does sound a bit heavy, doesn't it. That's how it goes though...:mad:

Yeah, I agree with everything you've said. I've been lurking here since way back when we were waiting for Obi Wan on the PC (Yeah, a long time). I only recently registered before the game came out and after it came, all hell broke lose. The worst has been in the last few days with all the whining about 1.03. I wish this place would return to the way it was, for all our sakes.

Lastly though, please don't say it's all down to "illiterate teenagers". I'm a teenager myself, and we're not all bad, or illiterate for that matter :p

Anyway, try and see what you can do MODs and Admins, please :)

I agree with you all the patch is crap. Plus I must commend the MODS for locking up any thread that remotly critiques the game. I mean why would anyone want to critisize it? It must be a great game because it has jedis and lightsabers, obviously anything with lightsabers must be good, why I bet the mary tyler moore show could have been saved if only the mail man had a lightsaber.

In conclusion, Light saber + jedi = good game no matter how horrible the outcome is. Bad sabre control? the answer to that I gathered from the forums is ADAPT!!! Its like screaming at guy who complains about being constantly raped by a raven employee to "ADAPT!! ITS RAVEN THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG SO IT MUST BE GOOD!! WHATS THAT??? YOUR RECTUM IS BLEEDING??? ADAPT!!!!" Two thumbs up for u all.

Archived