Home

What would you like to see in 1.04

Father Ruckus

for me....

1. Voice Binds, like tribes series. They would come in handy for pub games.

2. Jedi vs Merc to get a little love. I play mainly Jedi, But as someone mentioned before, If mercs were given a Grappling Hook and may be a Net Gun i know i'd play merc alot more.

3. Slower speed when back pedeling

4. Backstabs to be tweaked

thats all i can think of now.

The same thing I've wanted in Half-Life and other games forever; A straight to avi exporting option, which would include sound and graphics. As of now it's a real pain to convert game demos for any engine ;)

I'd still like to see a 2v2 option for Duel mode. It'd be great to have teams of 2 fighters, 1v1, still fun, but sometimes you want a little variety and excitement :)

Though not specifically for 1.04, I'd like to see these in any update. (Though the sooner the better ;))

what would i like to see in 1.04? uhm, everything changed back to the way it was. force heal is worthless, in CTF games. i usually /kill myself after killing 2 or 3 opponents rather than healing myself. its less time consuming. why sit there and wait for force to regen (multiple times) when i can have full health and 25 armor with a single press of a /kill hotkey? the obvious choice is /kill.

the backstab move is fine. leave it how it is. its a one hit kill, so what? so is the rocket launcher unless youve got armor. funny how people totally dont even see that. besides, if a lightsaber went thru you like that, youd be dead in 1 hit. the same arguement could be made for the rocket launcher...but real jedi dont use them. in the end, the more power you take away from the lightsabers, the more people will quit using them and switch to guns, or quit the game altogether. if i wanna go shoot people ill go play quake, this is jedi knight, not quake knight.

if they weaken the saber or force powers anymore, ill be finding a new game to play.

The 2vs2 duel mode definetly. Also, instead of saberthrow in no force duels, why not replace that with a kick? That is physically possible without the aid of telekenisis. I just think that would add more depth and strategy than a catch the saber "duel" match. Thats my 2.5 cents.

It would be nice to see blocking tweaked a little, IMO duels are just too boring the way they are now, practically everything is blocked if their saber is in any position. It's rather annoying to chop at their head when they're lunging and have it mysteriously blocked...

Force powers

Dark side powers:

1-Drain needs a better payoff if you keep the cost of using it so high. I don't use it, but it is sad when my opponent hits me point blank, gets almost no health and ends up with less Force power than he drained from me.

2-Grip. Don't mess with it. I was a major grip user and to be honest, the only reason I used it was it was way over powered with the ability to run, duck and jump at full speed. It has not been "nerfed"; it has been made into a move that has both gains and consequences for using it.

3-Dark Rage.

This power is worthless. I'm sorry but how many of you have been beaten by someone using this? Keep the drain on the users health, keep the speed bump, keep the recovery time, but give them a small damage increase or something. Once again, risks and payoffs for using it.

Lightning: Stronger blasts but make the drain on your Force power twice as fast.

Light side:

1-Absorb. Don't mess with it.

2-Heal. Once again don't mess with it. It should not be a power that gives you full health; it should be a power that keeps you from death if you get hit again.

3-Mind trick. Another near useless power. Keep the user invisible unless he takes a hit; don't have him reappear if he attacks.

Game play

1-Better/new audio clues (like the Quake 3 "bonk" noise) on successful hits.

2-Better visual detection (opponent flashes white) on successful hits.

Sabers

The backstab. Keep the damage where it's at; just make a "recovery" time like the DFA or medium finisher has. Currently it is too easy for a player to miss with this and still pull off a near fatal hit while his opponent still struggles to get on his feet.

DFA. It should be an instant kill if connected dead on, just keep the saber stuck in one place and the recovery time where it is at and the move has balance.

Blocking. Get rid of the automated defense. A simple block system is to counter your opponent’s swing with one that blocks theirs. They swing low, you swing low. Sabers smack, spark and you are free to try again. They swing low, you do nothing, you get hit. It is really lame that to defend against 90% of all attacks, all you need to do is stand in place with the red stance and do nothing.

Damage. Sabers should cause fatal damage after only a couple of hits. The risk of using this deadly weapon is obvious; you have to get close to use it (I'll get to saber throw next).

Saber throw. It's fine but get rid of it on no-Force servers. It has its use and place, but not there.

Other crap

1-FISTS!

2-Get rid of the double tap kick. I have no problem doing it, but was it really that hard to jump on top of small crates and ledges without flipping? No. It has been over complicated and it is really funny to see two guys hopping all over the place like rabbits because they can't time their hits.

3-A faster "get up" move that uses Force energy. I find it funny that you can shoot lightning; Force push humans high into the air, yet you get up like an 80-year-old woman with a broken hip. The current "flip" get up is quite slow, and it is very easy to nail a person out of the air.

4-Guns. Bring back the ammo amounts; they got clipped way too bad for CTF players.

I'd actually like to see drain changed back to an offensive skill. It should use half the force that it uses now, but also heavily reduce the amount of healing, but keep the amount of force drained. I prefer drain to be primarily disabling your opponent, with healing being a bonus. Right now, you actually use more force than you drain, making it pretty much purely a healing spell.

Heal used to be a bit too much, but they nerfed it WAY too hard. Instead of making it use half your force to heal 1/4 life (used to be 1/4 force for half your life), it should be 1/3 your force for 1/3 your life (1-1 ratio). It should be more efficient than drain as a healing spell, since it is purely defensive.

Don't get me wrong, that post I made was not my way of saying I want this or that changed because my favorite move got clipped. The majority of things I posted on I do not use. I pretty much stick to yellow/blue stance, with grip/push/pull/speed maxed out to the limit the server will allow. I just cant help but notice in an effort to make things "even" a serious part of what made this game so fun to begin with got whacked. The over the top crazy fast paced game play. This game is nothing like the current slew of first person shooters out now, and if you continue to slow down the game play, limit what players can do, or make them so weak that it takes the "unrealism" out of the game, it is destined for the budget software rack.

:ewok:

Archived