Home

To all The BACKSTAB WHINERS!(1.03)

BoBa feTTichiNi

Will you people shut up about back stab. For the love of god your gonna make this game so lame. Your constant whining about everything makes my head hurt. The only reason you want it gone is because you get owned by it. Its like your asking Quake designers "hey excuse me sir these bullets are dangerous we should repalce them with tennis balls". If back stab is too dangerous then go play a safer game like pacman. If you can't counter a simple move like backstab let me show you.

1) max out pull or push

2) get protect when on the ground turn it on backstab will barely hurt you

3) in close quarter combat use absorb

4) when he rolls at you pull him

5) if your constantly jumping or rolling they cant put you on ground

6) if there running backwards at u throw your saber

there is so much more its not even funny. If you lamers would actually learn how to counter it instead of whining about it this game would be much better.:fett:

I've never had any problem with those moron ass fighters. There is only one map where they can actually be a bit of a nuisance. The raven labs map. With those severely close quarters it's quite easy to just spam it. But even then you can still just push them and then saber throw them to death.

I dont "ass fight" but it is the best technique for a saberist. since if done right is an auto hit. and truely makes the saber weilder powerful and feared

Example: I was force choking a guy, and was being bother by his team mate... before the choke was over i dropped him, and hit attack.. fortunatly i was in light stance, and the guy behind me found ut he was dead, i had JUST done the back stab. totally unplanned, but maybe next time he will face my front instead. like a man :)

next thing people will be whinning about how they keep on getting knocked down on thier butts by force push

I'm with you BoBa feTTichiNi, I just had some vetran players complain because I was ruling them with push/pull tactics. I am really tired of people complaining. I backicked and they even complained about that, never mind that I have to hit jump twice now and its twice as hard to do. Some People just plain suck so they disable all the powers they cant defend against on the server until they can win against you. Get some skills and quit complaining about everthing.

I got no problem with backstab.. that is if it isn't the person's only move. Like in duels, often there's some loser relying on backstab to win each time.

The main problem is that the move takes away too much HP considering that it's almost guaranteed to land, plus it can take out 2 or 3 people if they're standing by each other. Need to reconfigure the damage of that attack.

Originally posted by Xytrix

I got no problem with backstab.. that is if it isn't the person's only move. Like in duels, often there's some loser relying on backstab to win each time.

The main problem is that the move takes away too much HP considering that it's almost guaranteed to land, plus it can take out 2 or 3 people if they're standing by each other. Need to reconfigure the damage of that attack.

The damage is fine, what's wrong with it is that it manages to hit you even if you're far from the saber.

With the 1.03 patch I can honestly say I dont have a problem with ANY move or tactic. I do however have a problem wth people that do nothing BUT a single move or tactic.

I simply cannot understand the joy people get from doing the same thing over and over and over etc...

I never really had a problem with 1.02 either, but again it's the SPAMMERS that make it lame...not the move itself.

Yeah the backstab needs to be fixed. The damage I'd tone down a hair. But by far it's kill arc is way too wide. A person should not die running into the front of a person who is doing a backstab. Or die by the saber of a person who you succesfully kicked down while doing a backstab only to be killed by the backstab effect when they are lying flat on they're ass.

If you think there is nothing wrong with the way it works now, you are a cheap lamer who should go play simple games like pacman.

theres nothing wrong with backstab, its the other saber moves thats there something wrong with. there is "no" point to use any other saber swing because you can block it by simply standing still. try it. have someone swing at you and you can live for like 2 mins just by facing them. That is ridiculous, and where are the "offensive" counter moves?.... There are none for sabers. At first I though there were some, but I was mistaken. as I play more I see that almost all hits are blocked unless its a DFA or a Backstab. the other move you will see spammed is a backkick. with those three moves taken away there isnt much point in dueling is there, because it would just be a hit/block fest. I'm not saying backstab is right the way it is, but the other swings need to be fixed for backstab to be fixed, otherwise lighting would be everyones next favorite.

> as I play more I see that almost all hits are blocked

> unless its a DFA or a Backstab.

The way it works, certain stances are capable of knocking aside an opponent's saber. Blue seems incapable of it. Yellow can occasionally knock aside blue/yellow stances. Red is the most successful at this. The intent, I believe, is that you are supposed to knock aside an opponent's defenses then sneak an attack in. Sure would be nice if it worked that way..

But in multiplayer that almost never happens. Either you miss the opportunity because of lag, the opponent backs out of range, or by the time you get your next swing in they've already gotten their defenses back up.

In other words when people spam special moves they're simply adapting to the environment. Given how easy it is on most maps to recharge health and shields, you will never EVER kill someone using normal swings by design. It's always by luck.

U ****ING IDIOT all examples u mentioned there requires force enabled... i only play in No force duel servers thats where its a pain in ass. if I do a yellow dfa they just backstab me which is the only or closest counter i know... even if I get killed most of the times lol.sure sure the average backstaber cannot handle the yellow dfa but they will learn to workaround that soon.

Good to see all of you feel the same way except knight. But hey thats the lameness and utter complaining that i was looking for. Backstab is easy to counter bottom line if someone spams you with it its even easier. Plus if your fighting a spamming headless chicken n00b then and you dont want to deal with him backstab is great cause you just own him with one hit.

Mr Love my suggestion is that if you get hit with backstab in no force room is that you should stop sucking.:fett:

I frequently get kicked from servers. Its amusing to see how many ppl acuse you of cheating.

Standing still is great... noobs are amazed how I can survive such a barrage of hits. Ofcourse they think I cheat because of that. The saber side knock also works great with this conjunction. Usually when they start spamming spins, croutch and press strong attack, their saber is knocked to the side, with a quick it or a DFA from that position will kill them in one shot.

DFA and Backstab are not cheap. But running around backwards trying to get one is not cheap... its just funny.

Using protect while your on the ground, is a good way to beat 'em. It wont hurt you as much. I like kicking them to death. It's funny. They run at you backwards, you just DOUBLE PRESS space bar, and kick him till they die, or till they run and heal, whatever.

I aggree with Aerys. I think it does MORE then 150 damage though. You can also get killed from the front side of them, when they are backstabing the other way.

the backstab is so powerful for one reason, isn't it obvious to anybody but me!?

it is hard to use, you have to expose your back to the enemy all you gotta do is the medium stance unique hack down and it will almost always hit the, or just stand their and throw your saber at their exposed back and move away

i hear people saying its hard to dodge...do you know what a roll is? side roll or back roll will do the trick!

EDIT: oh ya, forgot to say that you won't get pushed/pulled to the ground with absorb

another idea i haven't tried yet though is while you're on the ground grab them with force grip (dunno if it works though)

See, I know it does 150+ damage because I tested it.

100 shields and 100 health, I had someone run up to me and do it with my saber in medium and standing still. BOOM, I'm at 40-something health.

Its a LIGHT attack, that's WAY too much damage for a light attack.

Backstab power isn't my problem with it. The fact that it kills in one hit, I'm fine with that. But if I succesfully counter and knock that person on the ground, I should not die in one hit by attacking him on the ground. Or if the backstabber misses like a 180 degree miss where I"m at his front and not his back, I should not die in one hit attacking him from the front. When his saber is clearly behind. Oh and making it so that you cannot spin around during the move. Or if you allow the spin that make it a serious damage reduction for spinning.

well well well..

if not for guilty feelings i doubt this thread would have ever started.. let me lament this into your thick skulls.. a back stab is NOT repeat not (and for you slow people N.O.T) the only move there is in the game but then you woudnt know this because you have spent most of your practice training in one move..

now that i have vented i shall say again.. a back stab is a move where you turn your back and stab backwards.. but for most people they think they have eyes on the back of thier head.. thank god i play nf duels because i would probably snap the game in half just for the lameness ive been hearing about the ease of push/pull backstab tactic.. rest assured in future patches Raven will make this game balanced..

blue backstab should inflict at a maximum of 50 damage.. no more.. why.. because well in blue stance you dont have a firm grip on your saber and if someone isnt attacking you while behind you.. it should be a senseless move that can be blocked..

the need to call people whiners because the backstab is so very obvious your only repitoire of moves only proves that you are lacking in any depth or strategy.. taking the easy way out as it has been made available..

my hats off to the inginuity of the ass fighters.. it took you only a week to exploit a mistake that raven made.. perhaps had you guys not been so whiny with the 1.02 version they would have waited a while before the 1.03 patch and tested it thoroughly

what ever your reasons of defence for people complaining that the blue backstab is in fact cheesey one hit wonder kill.. easily made to work is beyond me.. perhaps it is now your elevated status in the annals of what is considered elite or your self proclaimed eliteness that is in question.. i have seen good players.. players tuff to beat.. and none of them relied on anyone stance or move.. rather it was a combination of all that made them good.. where to apply each move instead of running backwards like some lamer looking for an easy score..

in short move spamming is very lame and im sure raven will fix it.. because luke didnt get where he was by backstabbing through out the galaxy :D

Originally posted by Crybos

They really need to decrease backstab. Thats all. :o

Aerys, read your PMs. :p

no, they shouldn't decrease it, a good player would have you dead for turning your back on him

if somebody jumps over you and allows you to kill em easily that's their problem

also about the 150 damage...thats only partially true, it depends how close they are, i've bacstabed people who got away somewhat and they only took 20 damage sometimes, i've been backstabbed and it only took off 30 because i saw it coming, come on people, isn't it obvious, just roll!

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

no, they shouldn't decrease it, a good player would have you dead for turning your back on him

if somebody jumps over you and allows you to kill em easily that's their problem

also about the 150 damage...thats only partially true, it depends how close they are, i've bacstabed people who got away somewhat and they only took 20 damage sometimes, i've been backstabbed and it only took off 30 because i saw it coming, come on people, isn't it obvious, just roll!

Think about it. BLUE STANCE(Fast) is not supposed to be so strong. There are many ways to avoid it, I know. But to think, That backstab, nearly 1 hit Killer.

The real annoying thing, is when they knock you down, and backstab you.

Solution:Protection.

think about this then, light stance backstab is not close to the other backstabs AND it doesn't have as big range, light stance backstab is extremely easy to avoid, the others are still easy, but not quite as easy

and also about it doing so much damage, just think about it, if somebody put out their saber like that and you were moving with it stuck through you..it would probably hurt..a lot:rolleyes:

and solution are absorb, or like you said, protect, that or just play on duel or NF..OR FFA Duel servers

Archived