Home

Obiwan.. what video card will you use?

Guest Orbvs_Terrarvm

Guest Orbvs_Terrarvm

*Not wanting to start a graphics card war*

I cannot wait to see Obiwan on my Voodoo5 5500.

I am starting to get pumped about this game.

At first, I was wary because of a few things:

1.Rebellion, Episode 1, Force Commander, Xwing vs Tie Fighter

2.The game semi-follows the plot of the first movie. (Not that there is anything terribly wrong with that; but after all I had seen the movie a bijillion times and already played the movie on the PC)

But keeping an eye on it's developement and knowing now that the team responsible for 'MOTS' is making this game, I'm no longer "having a bad feeling" about it.

I hope this game blows Jedi Knight away! Or every other PC game there is away for that matter!

Also,looking at the pics, they will look great in 4xFSAA.....

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Guest RogueOne

Well, all I have is a ATI Rage Fury 128 bit with 32 MB of VRAM. tongue.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

dmaul.jpg

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge.

Guest Matt Kenobi

i've been lookin at the site also, does anybody know when a playable demo will be out, and also, has anybody seen the motion captures, i can't get mine to work, oh well, then the game will be more of a surprise biggrin.gif i want a demo though to see if my grafix card will work

------------------

ObiWan2.jpg

Visit My Cool Site Matt Kenobi's Everything Star Wars

Guest Darth_Simpson

If LEC follows their usual path, a demo won`t appear until after the game has been released frown.gif

What is wrong with the motion capture videos?

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Duel.jpg

Guest Neumi

You are using the Windows Media Player, right?

No one should view Quicktime Videos using the Media Player.

Go to www.apple.com

They have several downloads for Quicktime.

the Media Player can only handle Quicktime2, but I think the actual version is Quicktime4.

(If they didn't write a new version since I was there the last time).

Download only the neccessary files. You can download up to 30 MB's, but most of the funcions are only avaiable in Pro-Mode (You have to pay to use them).

btw: I will play OB1 on my Voodoo5 5500

[This message has been edited by Neumi (edited July 24, 2000).]

Guest liquidkid

Originally posted by Darth_Simpson:

If LEC follows their usual path, a demo won`t appear until after the game has been released

that's not true, jedi knight had a demo released b4 the full game. and a trailer b4 that even. i remember them well... ahhhhhh.

------------------

kyle-gon01.jpg

LiQUiDKiD

-UNcouncil Master of Insults, Supreme Chancelor's Hitman, All Around Bully.

P.L.U.R. <> J9K-4-LIFE <> JEDI-4-LIFE <> MCL

Liquidkid

Ah that pre-publication release of the JK demo in Oct. 1997 was before the dark times ... before LEC started publishing their titles before releasing a demo. Since then many of their demos weren't released until after the full version hit the shelves.

It seems there has been a slight 'opening up' of LEC lately, now that they have a new president (and other new executive staff?). Hopefully we'll see a demo before publication.

Anyway, on topic,

Presumably Ob1 will support D3D only. Anyone have any news on this? Any word on OGL support? If Ob1 is D3D only, I'd place my bets on a 3d card that accelerates D3D well... Nvidia are reputed to excel in this area, but actually 3dfx cards are more than competent in D3D as well.

Wilhuf

[This message has been edited by Wilhuf (edited July 26, 2000).]

Guest Kurgan

Well if you recall, such was the case with JK as well (well it also supported Software, but who wants that anymore?).

Not a big deal. I'll hopefully have a GeForce2 by then anyway (come Christmas).

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited August 17, 2000).]

Guest Matt Kenobi

i was wondering if my card will be fast enough because i've had games that didn't work before, i have an ATI Xpert 98D 8MB 2X AGP Graphics Card, (this came straight from my invoice)

------------------

ObiWan2.jpg

Visit My Cool Site Matt Kenobi's Everything Star Wars

Guest Jedi Master Xai-Qui

I expect it will need a good D3D card. A voodoo 2 should be fine.....

------------------

The truth?

Even Reality does not exist

[This message has been edited by Jedi Master Xai-Qui (edited July 30, 2000).]

Guest Neumi

I don't know.

I saw the wall paintings in Vampire on my V5 and they are amazing. I had a V5 and it didn't look so od (low texture resolution).

But the speed of a V2 schould be enough for low resolutions.

Guest Orbvs_Terrarvm

If you are on a budget, I believe 3dfx is offering a $30 rebate for the Voodoo 3 at it's site. Not too sure though.

That will be a fast card for under $100 no doubt there.

• 2 weeks later...

From an interview with Steven Shaw

What are the projected system requirements?

"Our goal system specs at this time, or rather our recommended minimum system specs, are a PII 300 with 64MB of RAM with a 3D accelerator probably around the level of a TNT2. We’re going to try to include as much on the lower end as we can, and we’ve done a lot of stuff in terms of scalability. You can turn things off, you can remove texture passes, remove the level detail, and so on. So we’re going to try to allow as much low end as we can, but ultimately try to make a competitive game in terms of what the genre expects. That’s the problem—there’s always that balance."

See http://www.cdmag.com/Home/home.html?article=/articles/029/048/obiwan_interview.html

Wilhuf

Archived