Home

Arco's Vader Reskin - try it!

sithlord-II

HEY ARCO GOOD JOB ON THE RESKIN.. SITHLORD YOU KNOW YA STILL DA MAN.. HEHE.. ALSO I OFFER MY SERVICES STILL AS A SKINNER.. I STOPPED TRYING TO SUBMIT FILES TO JKII.NET SEEMS THEY NEVER WANT TO POST THEM.. I HAVE IN THE WORKS A SKIN PACK I HAVE REVAMPED MY EARLIER SKINS.. (THE ONES I DID BEFORE I HAD BETTER TOOLS) BUT I WILL NEED SOMEONE WITH A DECENT CONNECTION TO SEND THEM IN ALAS HOTMAIL BLOWS AS FAR AS SENDING FILES SO SITH YOU WANNA HELP OUT WITH THIS YOU STILL GOT MY ICQ NUMBER GIVE ME A RING AND LET ME KNOW THANKS

Originally posted by striderx2048

I bet we dont see any of those changes unless its an expansion pak

Dunno about that, Mike Gummelt is going to look into some changes due to some feedback I gave him...

Another thing I'd like to see is height adjustment ability for models, then we could have short Yoda and tall Vader.

the new version of vader should be out soon

i have sent it in to jk2.net, jedi-outcast.com and polycount now

i talked to spam/thedevil on irc tonite, he is making some big updates to the files as well, so hopefully we'll see it come up soon

:)

the cape itself is solid

however the way it is weighted some parts pass through the cape

like, if you do a throw, his arm pulls up and forward, so a little part of the cape passes through vader's hip

or his waist, whichever

and when he's running you can soemtimes see the inner cloak pass out through the cape

:|

not much i could do there

nice model + skin Sithlord and Arco.

One suggestion/request/plea though. If you put out new versions, please give the pk3 a different name. It's gonna be causing problems with 3 versions out there all in vader.pk3. I run a couple pure servers, and right now the old version is there. So anybody who has gotten the new version already won't be able to connect because their vader.pk3 is different from the server's. When I get the new one up, then the same will happen to people who still have the old version.

So, the goes for all modelers/skinners, please try to keep the .pk3 filenames unique (as well as the skinnames/paths within them).

must it be removed? i understand that the .pk3 filenames are different but aren't the internal folder names within the .pk3 files still both listed as "vader"? Will both Vader versions be allowed to run on the same system or will it throw the system for a loop?

EDIT: My grammar sucks. :(

since they use the same dir setup you will run into odd problems -ie. using the incorrect textures or older model version at times. This is similar to problems people have when trying to use the vader SP mod with certain other mods, other mods try to override teh cfg files and model files for kyle, therefore the model does not show up ingame properly

:(

its all in just how the pk3 files are managed and which ones take precedent over the others (IE. why if you add a new pk3 file, how it will override certain files within the assets0.pk3)

Archived