Home

Arco's Vader Reskin - try it!

sithlord-II

I didn't see it posted here... so here goes

at first i was kinda ticked, honestly

my model wasn't out a day and someone had reskinned it

heheh

it wasn't that someone else was doing it, i gave him permission and all, nor that he was doing a better job than me, but i kinda wanted it to be mostly on my side, my doing, you know?

however, after seeing the skin ingame, i must admit that it is fantastic, a definite improvement.

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~polycount/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004401.html?00002

Arco, if you're kicking around in here, would you mind if in a future update i do for vader(i have pretty much fixed the saber errors, as well as a few texture errors... replaced those shadowtrooper sounds.....and if you like Arco i could fix a few probs with the uv maps... like i said on PC.com i didn't intend it so much for reskinning...)

would you mind if i used some or all of your skins for a future release? the update would be at most around 400 kb, to go in addition to the existing vader skin, or perhaps just the whole package again, new skin, etc

ok well thats my news for today

:)

Hey Sith, you think you could ask Arco to skin my Yoda? Or would you want to do it? Either one would be awsome I'm sure:) I was going to do it, but to tell the truth I dont have much experience painting textures. Also I'm waiting on my pen still. You guys do use Wacom tablets or some kind of computer pen, right? cAnyway, let me know.

I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I have both sithlord-II's and Arco's versions installed!

Arco - I actually have both versions of your skin but can I only see one in the game. Do they overwrite each other?

Thanks agains guys - you rock! :)

I've just downloaded the new skin, and I have to say I'm impressed, thats whats great about player communities like this you get the best of everyone's strongest talents. Anyways, to remark on the 'problem of not seeing skins in game' this is probably because you are using the bots. If that's so its because the bots use the model_default.skin and these new ones are model_default_vader.skin - works just fine when a player uses it.

Which brings me to what I'm posting. When there is a new version of the model (segmented cape etc,) or before, I'd like to suggest including Arco's skin with the model for the purposes of standardization.

It's great to have new models and skins but in my experience so far mostly Pure Servers are used and they only like 'code' and 'data' that they already have. I've seen a few servers with the brilliant Han Solo skins, and one with Sithlords Vader model, and we know just about everyone will want the vader model on their server, but if Arco's fabulous skins are not released with the model, chances are they will not be able to be used on most servers.

Just a thought :)

Great work both of you :)

i do plan on releasing an updated PK3 for vader soon, and i will use most of arco's skin to overwrite vader's textures

along with a few sound replacements (taunt, jump, fall, etc)

and a model fix which addresses a few errors the LOD models had, as well a few other things

ok guys i will be uploading vader 1.3 (hehehe) today

it is a complete replacement for vader multiplayer - not the single player model, still

but trust me, this is a *BIG* improvement... it is how vader should have been when i released him

:(

but its a worthwhile download if you want to get an even better skin

players on other servers, if they have the old model, will see you as vader but will still be the old model, to them, as they won't have the new files

the only changes have been to the base GLM file and to the textures, as well as a few sounds

if anyone wats screens just say GIMME DA SCREENS!

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/shot0078.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/shot0079.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/shot0092.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/shot0088.txt

bam

i have submitted the file to polycount as well for the new MP vader... they will replace the existing vader with the new one

as for SP vader i will see what i can do

oh hey arco>>> i see waht you meant about the cape

i don't even know *how* it ended up with the UV mapping split like that - i had applied the uV map to the whole object, and when i ran it thru the Unwrap UV map it was a solid mesh, laid out over the original texture

its easily fixed though ... but quite odd, i don't know how that happened since i did not edit the cape at all after applying the UV to it and then the skeletal skin

Hey Sith, e-mail one of the guys at Raven, see if they can stick in a new command for animsounds.cfg that allows a sound to play constantly when a player is alive. That way you could have Vader's breathing. While you're at it, ask them if they could add a customisable saber handle option, because then you could stick in the new handle with no worry of it replacing everyone elses.

Originally posted by AKPiggott

Hey Sith, e-mail one of the guys at Raven, see if they can stick in a new command for animsounds.cfg that allows a sound to play constantly when a player is alive. That way you could have Vader's breathing. While you're at it, ask them if they could add a customisable saber handle option, because then you could stick in the new handle with no worry of it replacing everyone elses.

I bet we dont see any of those changes unless its an expansion pak

Archived