Home

Like it or not...

Hemi-Cuda

Raven did do some things wrong with this patch. you dont get this many complaints if everything is right. true, most of the people complaining are you average bitchers/whiners with no purpose other than to stir **** up, but the sheer number tells something. of all the games i've played, i've never seen a patch stir up so much resistance ever before. and after going through the Quake 3 post 1.17 patch madness, i thought that was bad

the way i see it, all Raven did was try to do too much too fast. they were trying to fix everything in one fell swoop. what they should have done IMO is release small patches in smaller intervals. first one would have fixed the DFA maneuver, but nothing else major. then of course the rear backswing exploit would have come about, so another short patch would cure that

if you look at past games and patches, particularly the Quake series, the first patches to come out usually only contain bug fixes and maybe small balance changes. its not until later patches do actual new game features get added and some gameplay items changed. Raven seems to have done the reverse, and i don't think it worked too well

my suggestions for the next patch would be to still keep the new saber changes, but only fix the backstab. also instead of tweaking damage, lighten up on the blocking. i think somewhere in the middle of 1.02 and 1.03 style blocking would work the best

i just hope with future patches, Raven does a little more brainstorming and follows the road that id did, since they do have the most experience in this area

Yes...too bad so very few of the "anti-patchers" write well thought-out posts with real arguments and stuff.. All the l337-speak and swearing makes you think they're all pissed off 12-year olds who can't OWNZr0xorZ anymore. The game was changed and criticism based on the fact that it was changed leads nowhere.

The question is: *Why* was the game better before? *Why* is the patched version not as good.

"It used to be X but now it's Y, I want X because I'm used to X" is not a valid argument, is it? ;)

the game was better before the patch because the only real problem was DFA, and even that wasn't much of a problem. it was so easy to own the DFA'ers, because the move is so predictable and leaves them open for so long

i DO like the new saber fighting in the new patch however, but with so much blocking going on now and of course the backstab, the problems overshadow the improvements

all Raven needs to do is reverse some of the changes they made and fix some stuff. nerf the backstab, return drain and heal to 1.02 usefullness, put the amount of blocking between 1.02 and 1.03, and i think this game could be great once again

i am really anticipating the next patch, cause until one comes out, i'm not gonna be playing JK2 at all. and that sucks, cause i know how fun this game can be

yet another meaningless post that just adds to the bloat on this forum. if you dont have anything intelligent or vauleable to say, then dont

flaming a genuine discussion about the patch is worse than those who bitch for no reason about it

Archived