Home

the new beginning

joec3344

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((OOS: Hope its not too late to join, but this thread is starting to sound like a good one.))

Shivrad sat alone near his imperial pilots locker. He was just about to take another bite out of his ration bar when the alerm blared angrily. "Dang," he muttered. He threw what was left of the processed bar behind his back and dashed to his locker. He had had it rough getting through the imperial pilot academy. He was used to quick thinking and skill in danger. Thats why he was still here. A TIE Intercepter Pilot. He had chosen the ship due to its speed and manuvering capability. He had never liked the blockier TIEs. They were weak, he thought to himself. He grabbed his specially modified flight helmet. It came complete with scanners, Auto-Respirators, and his own trademark, a special mark engraved into the side, he never knew what it meant, but it was the same as the one tatooed on his shoulder. He couldnt remember his life before the academy anyway. He knew how the empire worked. He didnt try to remember. Shivrad sped down the hall to the hangar with the other pilots. The service workers quickly opened the hatch to his T-I 1368(his call sign) and prepared it for flight. He started the flight takeoff controls. He quickly read the mission posted on his monitor. <Ok group one, looks like a squad of E-wing class rebel fighters. I want two to a ship, these new ships of theirs are too fast to go solo.> With that, the TIE squad unlatched off of the holding clamps and dropped below the Star Destroyer, S-Repulsor lifts already kicking in. <T-I 1350, you come with me, we'll take the one above the left side of those turrets, remember, watch your back, because I WONT.>

The first fleet of Victory Star Destroyers had already arrived as the second fleet of 3 Dreadnaughts, 4 Imperial Strike Cruisers, 2 Carrack Light Cruiser, and with Star Destroyer in the lead. Though one more ship was with them. It is the fleet's little secret that all ships had made a defensive ark around a Interdictor Cruiser, athough not the strongest ship in the Imperial Navy it fashioned a gravity well generator. There by stopping any Rebel from escaping. Also all the ships were fully armed with TIE Defenders. All the TIE lurched to the Mon Calamari. Though the other TIE's were being taken by the E-wings, the TIE Defenders weren't so easy with 3 bent wings, a shield generator, a life support system, and a hyperdrive unit. The Imperial trap had begun.

Imperial Officer- Admiral Deriner the fleet has come out of hyperspace and awaiting orders. The Defenders have already gone to attack.

Admiral Deriner- Excellent, contact Admiral Holtz and ask him the status of his fleet. Send the Strike Cruisers to help out his war effort.

Officer: Admiral! Another Imperial Fleet has entered the system!

Holtz: What?

Officer: It's Admiral Deriner, sir! He's launching his own forces against the Rebels!

Holtz: What?! Put him onscreen immediately!

*Admiral Deriner appears on the holocomm screen*

Admiral Deriner! This is not your affair! Cease your attack at once! I do not want your ships destroying the Rebel fighters! Their pilots must remain alive!

Shivrad's TIE continued in the ongoing battle. There was a blare from his monitor showing a whole new fleet of imperial warships coming out of hyper space. <What the...? Why is a whole new fleet moving in? Wait, TIE defenders!(Shivrad had heard rumors of the new class of TIE, but had yet to see one.) I know only one general who would want to cut in on anyones fun. Admiral Deriner. Old friend. Well, this is gonna get weird.> He quickly pulled his TIE around, the new E-wings were giving him heat. <T-I 1350, go regroup, I need to speak to Admiral Hultz. Now.> Shivrad switched all Comm off, the last thing he needed from his crew was some Bull about him being hi-and-mighty. He knew Admiral Deriner too well. Deriner only jumped in to get credit for himself. Even if he had to get rid of his own team. He had to warn Holtz. Fast. Shivrad locked up the TIE and threw his helmet to the bottom of the cockpit. He immediatly tore through the halls and through security hoping to warn Holtz. He opened up the door to the Admiral's quarters just in time to see the holocomm switch on and his old friend's image appear.

Shivrad: Admiral! I need to speak to you! NOW.

Shivrad's long service and skill had put him high in imperial ranking, he hoped it would keep the admiral from sending him away, and save him now.

*the admiral whirls* Pilot Shivrad! I hope you realize you are seriously breaking rank! I am in the middle of a delicate negotiation here!

*turns back to Deriner's image* Now as I was saying, get your ships out of here!

----------

*a cloaked ship flies silently past the fighters to dock invisibly in the hangar of the Calamari Cruiser*

Shivrad quickly took a seat and watched his old friend's malice throughout the conversation. Admiral Hultz had no clue what was going to happen. Shivrad knew all too well. The indicter ship was heavely guarded due too its weak armor. But it had the G.W. Generator, that not only affected the enemy, but any sorrounding ship. How Admiral Deriner had got one was beyond Shivrad.

After the "negotiations" Shivrad waited to be called on. He knew what a furious officer could do. He shuddered at the thought of an Admiral's power. If the Admiral heard his story though, they'd change their mind. If they wanted to live another day.

Shivrad: Admiral. I have had past encounters with Admiral Deriner. He was once a good friend of mine. That is of no mean now though, Listen, Deriner is know for barging in to important missions for one thing, more power, more credit, and too rid himself of any COMPETITION! That ship he has is an interdictor! We can't escape without HIM shutting the power off! I suggest that I go aboard to make sure it happens. please sir.

Shivrad gasped for breath. He rarely talked at all, this was a serious atburst, to an ADMIRAL.

Imperial Officer- Admiral Deriner.

Admiral Deriner- Yes what is it.

Imperial Officer- Admiral Hultz is demanding to talk to you on why we have not yet pulled our ships from the sector.

Admiral Deriner- I we'll speak to him in my room.

He goes to his room and already see's Hultz's image.

Admiral Deriner- First off haven't we already had this Conversation. Second Admiral Hultz I am not turning back now just because you have your glory at stake, but do not get me wrong I'm not here to steal your glory from you. I am here for the good of the Empire! I do not want to have the rebels get lucky and pick off one of your capital ships. For at this point in the war the Imperial Navy can't lose any ships, and I figured at the rate the rebels were taking out your older TIE fighters you would at least welcome our newer TIE defenders to help even out the fighters on the battle field.

*Holtz grows livid* Deriner! This is a private affair! If you do not withdraw your ships in two minutes I will order an attack on your fleet! *shuts the holocomm off*

Shivrad! Do whatever is necessary to ensure that the Admiral does so...your combat record tells me you can do this, or I would be executing you right now for insubordination. This plan must not be thrown awry by the fool's arrogance. Dismissed!

The Avenger's Rhapsody pulled into the system, with engines hot and laser cannons hotter. Amada began hacking into both Imperial and Rebel computers aboard the ships, to see if she could find out what was going on. She wasn't sure who were the real bad guys in this fight, and her copilot, Graaq Gryyge could keep anyone who thought they shouldn't be there off their backs. She began to replay the battle, using different angles from both Imperial and Rebel holorecorders, and messages from both sides. She'd gotten a bit into the fight, just after the second fleet had arrived, when she heard his voice. In a single moment she went from quizzical to feeling like someone had broken a glass on the floor, ripped her heart out of her chest, thrown it on the shattered glass, then beaten it with a blunt object.

In all her life, only one person had ever been closer to her than her best friend, Gavin. When Gavin died, along with her father, he was the only one she could turn to. He'd helped her along, given her a shoulder to cry on, comforted her, and when the time was right, took their relationship to the next level. They'd become one person, bound through the Force, they were a single soul, living, breathing, wanting as one. And that only made it hurt all the more when he'd just up and left one day. No warning, just one morning he, and all his stuff, was gone. She'd looked for a little while, but it seemed to become futile after a few months. He just didn't want to be found. And now, to hear his voice here, all this way from where she'd heard it last... and as a TIE Defender pilot? Amada knew this was the destiny that the Force had brought her here to face.

Holtz: *yells to his side* Commander!

Commander: *comes running up* Sir!

Holtz: Assist Pilot Shivrad in assembling a boarding party. See to it that he gets everything he needs.

*Holtz turns back to the viewscreen*

"Thank you, sir. I wont let you down." Shivrad followed the officer to the storage compartments. "Hmmm.., sonic charges, Det. packs, a few blaster rifles, ok, this looks like everything i need, thank you officer." Shivrad picked up a few more items and put them on his belt. He talked to the officer as he walked."I'm gonna need five men. The best. I'm not saying that something will happen, but if it does, it'll be big." "Yes sir." The officer sounded like he had just gotten promoted to admiral himself. "I will get only the best." "Good." Shivrad replied. Shivrad walked to the shuttle that was being prepared for the mission. He inspected the area for cargo." Remove those ration boxes." He said to the mechanic. The machanic did as he was told, though mumbling. Shivrad loaded the items into the storage space and prepped the boarding ship for flight. Now he just need his crew and time.

As Shivrad checked over the flight controls, he suddenly felt a shudder. It was odd. He had never felt something like that. It seemed to come from his past. Where his tatoo came from. He started to think when he was suddenly interupted by the officer.....

OOS: sorry ive been gone for so long, Comp trouble, family trouble, sorry. But IM BACK!!

Thezul realized his wing was in trouble, but he knew they were good, this was gonna prove how good they were.

Thezul: Ok, Boys and Girls, time to learn how good these E-Wings are, plus it will be a little bit of a test for us as a team, Zip and I will spearhead the attack along with Mr, Terthos. We will go for, umm, the star destroyer on the Right, and get into the belly of that beast, and try to burn her from the inside out. Ready??

The whole wing let out a affirmative yell, and they all dove in as one, heading straight at the start destroyer.

*an officer walks into Holtz' chambers* Sir, the bounty hunter has completed his current operation.

Holtz: Good. Order all our ships to attack Admiral Deriner's fleet. We must allow the Rebels to escape. *notes the officer's startled expression* Do it! You will understand later. *the now somewhat frightened officer leaves the room*

Holtz stares out the viewscreen. Soon, Jedi...soon.

*as corzip attacks the star destroyer.. he notices that no enemy fire is on him... no fire at all. and he sees that on a lot of his team mates the fire is heavaly.... then the stardestroyer breaks of his attacks and starts to turn on the new imperial fleet that arrived. this is very puzzling. Corzip key-ed his com unit*

This is wild card 2 to base. i think now is a good time to make a run for it sir.

The officer asks Shivrad how many he needed. "Nevermind, I think I'll take it solo from here, ok?" The officer nods and returns to his post. Shivrad enters the shuttle and starts the flight program. The lower doors slide open as the small craft leaves. Shivrad veers to the far left to avoid the ongoing battle. He felt it again. That strange feeling as though he was supposed to be here. Now. He stopped everything for a moment, memories flooded back into his mind. A girl.....someone's death......he stopped in time to realize he was there. He docked in a far corner of the landing bay. An officer came to greet him.

Officer: Who are you? Are you of the hostile fleet?

Shivrad: Uh, no, I'm here to give supplies.

Officer: Uh, Ok. Just watch your back. We're in a battle here.

<stupid officer>, shivrad thought as he put on his equiptment.

Shivrad reported to Admiral Hultz on his situation and slowly walked to the landing deck's nearby control station.

Archived