Home

Scumm, macs and pcs.

Vanhal

Ok here's the deal, about 5/6 years ago i was all macs, and i got alot of lucasarts games: sam and hits, full trottle, indy, DOTT and a few others. But now my mac is sitting in the attic covered in dust. What i want to know is if there is any way to play the mac versions on my pc?

This is a job for!............not me.

Its an interesting question isnt it?

I dont know anything about the mac versions, if the structure of the resource files is the same then it should theoretically be possible to play them using a pc interpreter shouldnt it?

I dont know if scummvm supports the mac versions (I should imagine it does) I'm far too lazy to go and look now.

As per usual this looks like a job for the Sergemeister..........:D

Originally posted by Drigo Zoxx

As far as I know, ScummVm doesn't support DOTT and all mac games after it, but does support Indy, monkey, etc.

ScummVM -can- play DOTT, et al... There is a program in the tools module called 'rescumm' that splits the compounded resource files that the Mac versions use into the original .000/.001 resource files.

Originally posted by Endy

ScummVM -can- play DOTT, et al... There is a program in the tools module called 'rescumm' that splits the compounded resource files that the Mac versions use into the original .000/.001 resource files

I got this and it works for indy4 (btw what was indy 1 + 2) but that was because the files were already in the .001 and .000 files. The others i used rescumm on but they split into about 52 files named 00.lfl and then it says "extracting 'MONSTER.SOU', saving as 'monster.sou'

error: could not allocate 268965339 bytes of memory."

Archived