Home

1.03 sabers block too much you say? well heres a solution!

cYbErDuD

from Kenn Hoekstra's plan file:

*start quote*

For those of you unhappy with the increased saber blocking in CTF and FFA modes in the 1.03 patch for Jedi Outcast, you can turn off the changes by setting the CVAR g_saberTraceSaberFirst to "0" in your server configs. Setting this to "1" = More Blocking, "0" = Less Blocking. It defaults to "1" in 1.03.

*end quote*

Heres the solution to some of your trouble, now if people would start whinning and start playing!

It's a shame that Raven is taking that attitude towards this version. Having a mass of server variables to set to get the game correctly balanced is just going to cause confusion among the server admins and those playing in the servers. How are you supposed to know what server variables they have set? There's only certain ones that are visible in qtracker/ASE/gamespy.

I think this is just going to frustrate people as they enter servers that have radically different play rules that will require a lot of adjusting to.

Originally posted by BigMexican

saber blocking is awesome! sifnt light vs light spam like in the moofies! back and forth across the bridge over the chasm with sparks flying everywhere! mmmm .... atmosphere (and soon after that, death, but hey)

lol, especially when you're on ffa_naboo ;)

then it's even better, trading attacks, jumping over, cheats enabled one of you on ultimate maul other on obi wan skin and a third on qui gon jin with the maul guy killing qui gon with /thedestroyer

lol, now THAT would be sweet:P

Originally posted by BigMexican

saber blocking is awesome! sifnt light vs light spam like in the moofies! back and forth across the bridge over the chasm with sparks flying everywhere! mmmm .... atmosphere (and soon after that, death, but hey)

Right, when you manage to skillfully dodge someone attack and strike a full lateral swing at his uncovered back, you see his saber absurdly parrying your strike as well as killing you along the way (depends on whitch side you are).

Those sword seems to be magnetically atracted to each other, so much they fight for themselves, carring their owners all over the place :)

I agree parry looks cool (i really don't like duels in 102) and the lenght of the battle helps to add further flavor in the game, but i think they have exagerated a little bit :)

Archived