Home

a few mistakes I think I noticed I'm not 100% sure though

Natty

I'm not sure- but the storm troopers- their helmets look different to the origional trilogy. More pointy I guess? Or am I imagining it?

Also- in the scene at Naboo where it pretty much looked like the sound of music- Amidala standing on the hill while Anikan rides the 'thing' and falls off and she goes running over to see if he's ok, I coulda sworn I noticed her wearing sneakers. Has anyone noticed this? Or am I imagining it?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait to find out how the Clonetroopers lose their NZ accents and become crap when changing to Stormtroopers.

Can only assume that Stormstroopers are NOT clones of Jango Fett- probably of Jar Jar. LOL

Also bet that Anakin kills Dooku/Tyrannus in Ep3- the Emperor probably goads him to do it, as he did to Luke in ROTJ.

How about when Amadala falls from the "chopper" to the sand and lays there unconscious. Then Obi-Wan and Vader fly to fight Dooku for a good 30 seconds or so. When Amidala wakes up she tells the trooper that they need to continue on to the "hanger". How the heck did she know this?

Clone troopers

i think leave with the wars

davin felth

was the guy who said "look sir droids"

remember post clonewars there is really no need for a large stanbding army

(stromtroopers are basically a police force)

Stormtroopers are not clones. They are recruited from planets withen the empire. Read this in the books Jedi search, dark apprentice, and champions of the force. Good stuff. Yah according to all the fiction, clones were outlawed after the clone wars. Why we do not yet know. Possibly because the emporer uses them to erradicate the jedi.

Yeah, and is it just me or don't some things add up through the movies

for example c3p0 spends AGES on tatooine but then in "a new hope" he can't figure out ( i think he says something like "im still trying to find out where i am" or something along those lines)where he is even though he lived their for at least 10 years ?

did anyone else notice these sort of things ?

In response to OldSkoolJedi, 3po had his memory wiped, which was why he didn't remember who Obi-Wan was when R2 had a message for him in Ep 4. I'm assuming the Jawas did this but I could be wrong about that. It might have happened before that.

I am 99% Stormtroopers ARE clones. And much more than a policeforce!

For a start this has been well known since 1977- for those of us old enough to have been there- plus putting clones in armour similar to stormtrooper armour also points to this. After all why abandon the effective troops who help you rule the universe- that would make zero sense!!!!! Well outside of the mind of Lucas- where he can make it up as he goes along!!!

The following link shows they ARE an elite unit, NOT A POLICEFORCE- although mention of clones is limited to Admiral Thrawn- presumably because for younger fans this will be an Ep3 spoiler (or worse Lucas has changed his mind). Also check the original Star Wars novelisation for more info on them being clones:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/stormtroopers/eu.html

We will know for sure in 3 years time!!

Oops- remember the books ARE NOT CANON. We must ignore these- as Lucas has always said the films will at times contradict the books, and that we should see books and comics as an alternate universe/story.

Clones were not outlawed by the Empire, the New Repulic outlawed them- after all why would the Emperor again outlaw something that works in his favour, an army totally loyal?

If it turns out that Stormtroopers are not clones- then I would bet that the Jedi destroy the cloning facility, ceasing Palpatine supply.

Plus the books do not tie in with the films, in the books the Empire had its own cloning facilities, one of which on Byss made clones of the Emperor.

Christ I think Episode III is gonna be 5 hours long if Lucas is to tie every loose end together!!!

I believe that Stormies are not clone troopers. The reason i say this is because I read ,in the thrawn trilogy i believe, that the clones will go insane. Murderous rages and eye twitching, just plain mean. When they are incubated for five years< they will go insane in five years. I think I heard somewhere that Boba Fett is the exception to the rule because he was naturally grown?

Remember this isnt in the movie and cant be called "canon", so do with the information as you will.

Remember god made you unique, just like everyone else.

The books don't tie in with the film, Jake. There are many contradictions in the novels and the films, Jake.

Besides, George has already displayed how much he cares about the continuity of the series. Lucas makes his own rules, and is going to follow through with Star Wars the way he wants it, and is not going to be dictated on what the novels play out.

Stormies are elite troops, not clones.

Not police, but highly trained, efficient troops. The reason they seem crap is because they are the badguys. Leia v Stormie: Stormie is elite troop, Leia is a senator. Leia wins, she's the goodie. It is slightly less unfair now than with the original trilogy. Modern times.

STORM TROOPERS ARE NOT CLONES

Davin Felth!

( He is the trooper who says "Look sir. droids" if you read up on him you learn he joined at the age of 18)

General Veers!

(if you don't know who he is you should just leave now, in the clone wars all of the officers were highly trained clones. and yes general veers was merely a stormtrooper at one time, though it was not a very long time)

Captain Needa, Admiral Piette, DS-61-2, DS-61-3, DS-61-4the list goes on even from a Grandmoff Tarkin to traines all positions were held by clone troops other than the highest positions, and all of these officers were at a time troopers/pilots

If you say the clones were not pilots then why did the pilot's have the same voice as Jango and the rest of the clones?

That is all I have to say to prove that troopers are not clones

not to mention if you watch ANH i think i saw a recruitment poster

And for the police force deal that i said earlier

- they are infact a police force for the empire

but they are also more.

sorta like the US troops in some 3rd world countries.

If you read the books you learnt hat the when the CLONE WARS

end clones are outlawed

True, clones were outlawed at the end of the Great Clone War. Unless Lucas is changing that, too. As for the Star Wars canon, I treat the other books (outside of the movie novelizations) like an alternate reality or a "what if" scenario. Since we probably won't see Lucas do 7,8 & 9, then who's to say they can't be close to the mark, remember Lucas has to approve them before the go to press.

As has already been stated a few times, dorian, the EU is not canon and has no bearing on the movies. All of the people you mentioned--where does it say they were stormtroopers in the movie? Where is Davin Felth's name in the movie? No where, therefore it's liable to change if Lucas wants to.

In Episode 4, Ben says something to Luke about "The Clone wars" ie. Episode 2.

Storm troopers aren't clones, because if they were, there is the simple fact that the 'Clone wars' technically would still be going.

Stormtroopers, like all imperial officers and pilots are recruited from Planets that the Empire control.

Han Solo is an imperial officer, when he meets chewbacca, whom he rescues, thus finishing his career. And Han Solo as we all know is not a clone.

I bring up that point because: Why, if you can clone your general troopers, would you not also just clone your officers? It doesn't make sense cloning half of your troops, but recruiting all of the others.

Originally posted by Moses

In response to OldSkoolJedi, 3po had his memory wiped, which was why he didn't remember who Obi-Wan was when R2 had a message for him in Ep 4. I'm assuming the Jawas did this but I could be wrong about that. It might have happened before that.

And possibly Owen Lars' memory was wiped by Aunt Beru as he didn't pick out 3p0 from the jawa lineup in A New Hope. Man, that marriage was doomed from the start.

:D:c3po:

yeah i had a real dork of a roomate who use to read the star wars books non stop.. i would always argue with him about them.

" are they made by lucas?" i would say and he would be like "no they are made by all types of authors but lucas OKs them."

then id say how they are useless and i wouldnt take them at face value in terms of the movies and the REAL star wars story. and he would get sooo pissed rofl, but i was right anyways.

Archived