Home

Wookie Model in progress

Major Clod

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after a hell of a lot of problems, tweaking, damn shaders not working right, and more tweaking, I've finally gotten the Wookiee into the game. Here are some screenshots for you to have a look at. Now I need to work on the LODS and some skins, and do some small changes to the mesh.

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Screen 4

Screen 5

Screen 6

Enjoy, and thanks for all the feedback!

Ide have to say that is more than impressive. You really nailed the details for the wookie, Major Clod. My saber is off to you. Any ETA as to when it will be available? Unlike most of the children on the forum, Ill understand if you say, "When its done." ;)

Originally posted by Eets'chula

IT'S SOOOOOOO AWESOME! I think I need to change my pants!

Will you include different types of wookiees? you know, like gray haired, robed, jedi, etc?

A jedi version (Lowbacca) would rule. But either way, it looks incredible. Can't wait to d/l it.

Hopefully I will have him released within the next week. The mesh has just under 3000 polys at its highest LOD. I redesigned the mapping of the mesh so that some parts of the model that do not have alpha transparency are not in a TGA file with parts that do. This gives me a smaller TGA file, so that the shader passes are only done on the needed parts. Also, having seperate textures for the arms, then the arm fur, has let me elimate a second shader pass that was needed for the model to be rendered correctly. This helps improve the performance of the model quite a bit.

Just had a look at the in-game shots, that just blows my mind how well you managed to do it! I really can't wait to get my hands on this puppy! :)

To repeat an oft-asked question, are you planning on doing any alternate surfaces? A belt would be great in addition to the bandolier so skinning on this bad boy can have some variety :) Keep up the killer work!!

And on another note, since it seems this model is almost done, what's next from you? With work this amazing, I really hope you'll continue doing models. :)

BradFu!

BradFu: The only seperate surfaces on the mesh are the bandolier and belt. I can't really afford to add anymore, as it is already about 3000 polygons, and I don't want to add too much more detail, especially with all the alpha mapped surfaces. However, belts and the like still look decent enough when just added to the normal torso skin.

And in answer to what my next planned project is, well I thought I'd have a bit of fun... have a look here.

Archived