Home

Guide To Sp And Mp Skin Conversion

Darklighter

You got it all wrong, 1)This request is old... And I'm not requesting it to be drawn. 2)I only wanted one line of the text document to have my name that won't have to be viewed. And the person viewing it will only see the make of the skin not me. 3)Stay out of the buisness if you don't want any part of it. -Jeeze

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just as curious as Boris as to a solution to this problem. I've tried a number of things-- none of which even remotely worked --and I'm half-dying to get this thing working in-game. If anyone at all can help, Boris and I'd be much indebted.

It's a dillema, I say! A dilemma!

i was just wondering if anyone here has tried to make the ep1obi-wan by toonces into a single player model. if so have you had any trouble getting it to work? i've tried several times with no luck at all. if someone here could take a crack at it i would appreciate it. right now i'm using windows xp with winzip to get the files to work. thanks!

I imported the Obi-Wan model into single player but the damned shaders didn't work and I think it was because I was making a new NPC with him.

Ohh and you can't "make" a SP model, they are the same for MP and SP. You can get a model into SP though that was designed for MP.

Originally posted by Angry Sandwich

I saw someone post an in-game picture where all the StormTroopers have been replaced with Clone Troopers skins. It looked pretty good! I'm not sure how he did this, but I'm guessing its done the same way as replacing the Kyle skin in SP.

That's right you just use the walkthrough of Darklighter but instead of changing the skinname folder to kyle, change it to the char you want to replace. (you must not forget to edit the model_default_skinname.skin file) (ZIP it and rename the zip-file to **.pk3, put that in your base folder.) Just open up SP and look for the char in the game and you should now see the skin you replaced it with.

** can be replaced with any other name.

i finally got the obi-wan model by toonces to work in sp, thanks darklighter for the tutorial it really helped! i'm having a problem with the shader but only in the chest area of the model and for some reason i can't get the robeless version of the model, i've tried everything and the and the model keeps showing up with a robe on. even the anakin version that was suppose to be robeless has a robe on. so if anyone knows how to make it so the model is robless and fix the shading problem your tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

ok, how do you deal with *.surf files? For example, the newest episode 1 obi-wan skin has two versions, 1 with a robe and 1 without. It is simple enough to get the obi-wan model to replace kyle in SP, but he always has that stinking robe! I would like to get the version without the robe working because that one is much cooler. Please help!

i finally got the obi-wan model to work in sp without the robe and with all the shaders working. thanks guys for all the help. once i figured it out i changed almost all the characters in the game to ep1 models. to get it to work i changed the contents of the model_default file. actually if you check out quigon007's new mod with toonces models and open it you'll see how he got it too work also with no problem.:lsduel::yobi:

This is the current Model_default.skin I have:

head,models/players/kyle/head.jpg

head_ears,models/players/kyle/head.jpg

head_face,models/players/kyle/head_face.jpg

head_ponytail,models/players/kyle/head.jpg

head_braid,models/players/kyle/head.jpg

torso_robe,models/players/kyle/torso.jpg

torso,models/players/kyle/torso.jpg

r_arm,models/players/kyle/torso.jpg

l_arm,models/players/kyle/torso.jpg

r_hand,models/players/kyle/hands.jpg

l_hand,models/players/kyle/hands.jpg

l_leg,models/players/kyle/legs.jpg

r_leg,models/players/kyle/legs.jpg

hips,models/players/kyle/hips.jpg

hips_belt,models/players/kyle/hips_belt.jpg

head_eyes_mouth,models/players/kyle/head_face.jpg

torso_cap_head_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

head_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

torso_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

hips_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

r_leg_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

l_leg_cap_hips_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

r_hand_cap_r_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

l_hand_cap_l_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

r_arm_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

torso_cap_r_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

l_arm_cap_torso_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

torso_cap_l_arm_off,models/players/stormtrooper/caps.jpg

However it is not working. I was hoping for a little help on this.

Im dieing to have a sith version of Anakin for SP.

Also I was curious if it was possible to change the strength of Desann. I'd like to give him a crap more hitpoints. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

-Trul

Archived