Home

Padme model in progress

Anavel Gato

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game isn't about flashy fights?

Oh, but I think it is! At least, that's what I thought it was intended to be. You can't get more flashy than the strobe effect of a saber going past your face at close range, followed by a big flare! I never really agreed with the posts about using only strong stance so you can kill with one hit and finish a duel in seconds. I want an elaborate, acrobatic (and yes...flashy) fight. The flashiness is what made me want the game. I have always loved lightsabers since I was a kid, and this game is the closest thing to owning a real one. What makes the game exciting for me is when I'm playing on my laptop and a large crowd of SW fans gathers around. They watch my opponent and me flip, double and triple-tap sabers, go into a saber lock, followed by the slow-motion delivery of the coupe-de-grace. A great scene is when a charred head goes rolling down a flight of stairs on Bespin, and I stand over my vanquished opponent for a moment before deactivating my saber and walking away. Now that's cool stuff!

Oh, sorry. This thread is about Padme. But what a great game Raven has put together!

Yes he does Pedantic, as does most of the folks here who reside in Europe. I seem to recall that when she was on holiday, the wonderful photographers followed her (during the massive Ep1 hype) and took a few shots as she sunbathed.

She mentioned it in an interview somewhere at the time, and said she didn't sue as there were no 'unflattering' pics published :p

But back to the model, that's what this forum is about yeah? The pictures I've seen so far are brilliant. The longer we have to wait, the better it will be, so we shouldn't mind waiting.

I was wondering about her holster though? Dis she have a blaster at some point? I don't recall her using it. Or even drawing it for that matter.

Originally posted by genthar

Yes he does Pedantic, as does most of the folks here who reside in Europe. I seem to recall that when she was on holiday, the wonderful photographers followed her (during the massive Ep1 hype) and took a few shots as she sunbathed.

She mentioned it in an interview somewhere at the time, and said she didn't sue as there were no 'unflattering' pics published :p

But back to the model, that's what this forum is about yeah? The pictures I've seen so far are brilliant. The longer we have to wait, the better it will be, so we shouldn't mind waiting.

I was wondering about her holster though? Dis she have a blaster at some point? I don't recall her using it. Or even drawing it for that matter.

Lmao. Have you even seen AOTC? No offence intended, but she pastes the shop (or arena in this case) with E-11 shots...

Well, after hearing about these pics, I managed to find some. If you've not encountered them thus far, trust me you don't want to see them-- they're shiver-inducingly voyeuristic, it reminds me of all the stuff that happened to Princess Di. Anyway underneath, there's nothing abnormal about her tits at all-- it's just the clothing she wears in most of AOTC, which is being incorporated into this model, that presses her breasts fairly flatly against her chest. As I'm sure most of you have noticed, it's VERY tight-fitting. :D

Thanks for agreeing with me about Shirley Manson btw, Natalie's pretty but Shirley's a sex goddess!

If you're looking at a pic more than 3 years old, then I have to say SHAME! SHAME ON YOU! Woe is the human race for creating the monster that is morphius_doh!, despite the usually decent standard of his posts! Unless you're looking at the modern Shirley who for some unknown reason now wears a horrible yellow mop on her head instead of that foxy dark red hair she used to have. In that case, I can't blame you.

Originally posted by SirYawnalot

Lmao. Have you even seen AOTC? No offence intended, but she pastes the shop (or arena in this case) with E-11 shots...

No no!, I mean before the arena battle. She has this little blaster PISTOL holster. She picks up the blaster RIFLE from the arena ground, but before she was captured doesn't she have a holster?It's on her action figure anyways.

Looking back at the original model pic on this thread, Anavel Gato has modelled the holster too....

I'd love to help Anavel...

Pity I know nothing about modelling!!! Someone help Anavel, please! Everyone is itching for this model to be finished, so please lend him a hand if you know anything about "Vertices", or whatever!! Cheers!

P.S. Shirley Manson is a dog, old pics or new pics. They both remind me of this: :dug:

Oh, but I think it is! At least, that's what I thought it was intended to be. You can't get more flashy than the strobe effect of a saber going past your face at close range, followed by a big flare! I never really agreed with the posts about using only strong stance so you can kill with one hit and finish a duel in seconds. I want an elaborate, acrobatic (and yes...flashy) fight. The flashiness is what made me want the game. I have always loved lightsabers since I was a kid, and this game is the closest thing to owning a real one. What makes the game exciting for me is when I'm playing on my laptop and a large crowd of SW fans gathers around. They watch my opponent and me flip, double and triple-tap sabers, go into a saber lock, followed by the slow-motion delivery of the coupe-de-grace. A great scene is when a charred head goes rolling down a flight of stairs on Bespin, and I stand over my vanquished opponent for a moment before deactivating my saber and walking away. Now that's cool stuff!

Oh, that's not what I meant. You see, the reason it looks so flashy is because Raven did the best it could possibly do before it released it.

That's why I'm patiently waiting for this model/skin because when it's done, it will be the best it could have been.

Originally posted by Anavel Gato

Anyways :)

I still have problems weighting the vertices on my dear Padme model :(

Anybody an expert on this and want to do this for me?

I'm no expert but as far as weighing the verts goes it looks a lot more friendly than character studio, the only thing that holding me up is that what I want is a _VERY_ low poly battle droid (for mass co-op style combat) and withous scaling the root.xsi bone structure I'm not going to get anywhere.

Originally posted by tom_m525

I'd love to help Anavel...

P.S. Shirley Manson is a dog, old pics or new pics. They both remind me of this: :dug:

Nooo, she's a human female, wonderfull singer who's attractiveness is a matter of opinion.

"Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as 'empty,' 'meaningless,' or 'dishonest,' and scorn to use them. No matter how "pure" their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best." - R.A.H

EmperorJello, I see what you meant now. Sorry to go off on a tangent! :) I agree that Raven did the right thing to take time to get it right before the release. I hope the saber battles in this game set the standard for all LucasArts games involving saber combat from this point forward. I don't know if I'll ever play Jedi Power Battles again!

To all who model, yes, please take your time! To all who lack patience, please think about what JKII might have been had Raven rushed it, or had poor project management.

Padme is looking beautiful, but I wish I could show you, Anavel, what I mean about the head/neck connection. I just don't have a modelling program that isn't archaic!

Archived