Home

Converting to WAV's

Saber_Fox

Okay, just got SCUMM Revisited, and I KNOW I saw somewhere on their site or in th help files that the wav files were huge when put onto the harddrive, and there was a program that could compress wav files easily. Now that I've actually tried the process with Grim Fandango of converting .IMC's to .WAV's, I realize that two such WAV files take up 21 MB. Okay, bottom line is, I just need a good wav compressor, I KNOW I saw a link to one, but I can't find it now. Please help, I dunno if there's a program that compresses the files but you can still listen to'em or what. If there is, 'at's what I want. I also saw a site that suggested an mp3 encoder, but I have no idea what the heck I'm doin', someone help me out. I know I sound like a helpless newbie and...well, I am. Thanks.

Alright, finally a question I can answer.

What you are talking about is converting wav's to mp3's

Use this to do it.

Unzip it.

Then drag the wav files onto lame.exe.

They will be encoded into mp3 files that are much smaller, sound the same and play in every player out there.......

Ack, I am still totally lost. Got the files, but I opened lame.exe and it just opened a DOS window and just as quickly closed it. I have no idea what I need to do...if ya could, gimme exact instructions. I know I sound pathetic, but I REALLY need this, it's kinda important.

Right

You dont just open lame.exe

You need to drop the wav files onto lame.exe

What you do is...........

Select the wav files

Then click on them with the left mouse, hold down the left mouse and drag them over lame.exe so that lame.exe is highlighted (as though youd selected it) then release the mouse button.

Lame will then encode the wav's into mp3's

Archived