Home

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Luuke

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job!

And yes, his outfit is actually shades of brown.

How are the next stages coming along?

Has he been weighted?

I'm looking forward to downloading this nice peice of work, but make sure you take how ever much time you need.

Are you planning on adding Dooku's sounds yourself? Give a post if you need any assistance with that part of the project.

Thanks for the hard work. Dooku is definately worth it.

Wow, three questions... I hardly ever ask questions. Sorry :p

-nomad

the skin is absolutely brilliant KMan, I'm afraid my Model doesn't do it justice.

Anyway. work started adding the skeleton to the model, but since i have only very few time at the moment this may take a while.

we have all Ep2 sounds in high quality, but you can make suggestions what you want for a taunt and so on...

My thoughts on this one are confused (talking about skin).

As a normal custom skin, it is really great; but as an Dooku skin, it just doesnt cut it.

I just do not understand, why to do the face from the scratch and have less resambling, than just simply use the face from the photo; in that way Dooku really looks Dooku, not just some puffy old man. Just look at the Padme model that is in construction, it uses photo as an face, and the effect is really stunning.

Cause photos blur, for 1, 2, theyre hard to map, hard to geta good photo off the whole face, diffrent photos of him at diffrent scenes and expressions dont work, and 3 photos suck and show lack of ability or skill. This ISNT jk1 editing this is jk2, get used to it..

Originally posted by Tap[RR]

Cause photos blur, for 1, 2, theyre hard to map, hard to geta good photo off the whole face, diffrent photos of him at diffrent scenes and expressions dont work, and 3 photos suck and show lack of ability or skill. This ISNT jk1 editing this is jk2, get used to it..

I totally agree

Originally posted by MustaPekka

My thoughts on this one are confused (talking about skin).

As a normal custom skin, it is really great; but as an Dooku skin, it just doesnt cut it.

I just do not understand, why to do the face from the scratch and have less resambling, than just simply use the face from the photo; in that way Dooku really looks Dooku, not just some puffy old man. Just look at the Padme model that is in construction, it uses photo as an face, and the effect is really stunning.

I don't understand how you can think to apply a 2 dimensional photo to a 3 dimensional object without incuring in major disproportions, distortions, unrealistic lighting, etc. Fixing it requires more work and only has the result of blurring and distorting even more.

BTW I don't like the padme model skin at all.

So you're saying you'd rather have a skin of that hideous make-up-encased Queen Amidala than our gorgeous Natalie Portman in her AOTC skin-tight whites?

It takes skill to be able to fix the distortions a 2d photo makes when mapped to a 3d model, the only type of skin that "anyone can do" is one that looks crap. Those ones came out soon after the game's release, it's only now that we're starting to get the really decent stuff, and almost all the WIP's I've seen in this forum look great, be they photo-realistic or not.

For the Taunt, I second

"As you see my Jedi powers are far beyond yours."

But I would also include a couple of lines assigned to other actions in the game.

"Back down"

"Brave of you (does he say "Boy"/can't remember)"

"Join me (delete Obi-Wan) And together we will destroy the Sith!"

"You dissapoint me."

Some of those could be tied to anger 1-3, combat 1-3, jdetected, victory, gloat, etc.

Does anyone have a list of ALL the sittuations that you can assign sound to? And there definitions would be nice, right?

Great work

-nomad

MTFBWY

or even these ones

"Brave ...but foolish"

"I have become more powerful than any jedi..even you"

"Surely you could do better'

those owuld sound the best..

dooku looks great....i was thinking maybe you could do a level where ya can play dooku vs a NPC replacing yoda in a really well made Geonosian hanger

i think that owuld be cool

Archived