Home

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Luuke

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kman@polycount

Ok, I'm to the point where I don't think there is much else to add/change to the skin. Also adjusted the model's cape.

dooku7.jpg

Fantastic Work!!!

I can't wait till this model is released. Keep up the good work!:)

Originally posted by keo718

It seems this models been done for quite some time. Any plans to release it soon?

no. i'm working on the caps and the skeleton right now, but there will be a lot of tests at universizy in the next weeks, so i don't think i will get it done soon. (unless somebody else wants to do it:D )

anyway, it will take some time and i hope you don't loose your patience

I NEED THIS MODEL NOW COUN DOOKU IS SOOOOO KOOL RELEAZE IT NOW~!

Just kidding. :)

Seriously, take your time. You've done a great job on this baby so far and I look forward ot the results, but take your time, enjoy the process, and don't listen to the "DO IT NOW!" people.

take it easy,

- DT

But Lee has played so MANY villians in his career

I don't want to take sounds from any other movie than Star Wars. Like I said before we are working on Dooku, and not on a Lee model, so I think the sounds should be typically Star Wars, so you identify it with Dooku.

There are enough cool taunts for Dooku, I will post a complete list to choose from when I have ripped all possible sounds.

I'm not sure if we settled this or not but about the color thing, his tunic is black and the cape is brown. The Outer part of the cape looks a shade dark than the color on the inside. And he does have a gut. He is a chubby bastard. And maybe it's just me but it looks like he could use some more wrinkles in the right spots. I didn't really see on the model but the really Dooku has bags under his eyes.

Again, I'm not sure if these points have been made I'm just making observations. And it's your model so you don't have to listen to me. Or anyone else for that matter. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Garik Loran

I don't want to take sounds from any other movie than Star Wars. Like I said before we are working on Dooku, and not on a Lee model, so I think the sounds should be typically Star Wars, so you identify it with Dooku.

There are enough cool taunts for Dooku, I will post a complete list to choose from when I have ripped all possible sounds.

this may be true, but you could clip some sounds from his other movies. he has quite a few good clips in Lord of the Ring. you could use : "we must join with him, it would be wise" or something like that. he has played a lot of villains, but most are the wise, yet evil jedi type. i think his christopher lee's case an exception could be made, where as in say, samuel l. jackson, you couldnt possible use a quote other than mace cause then he'd be yelling m***er f****r all the time :p

but its your model, and i'm gonna download it no matter what, so do what you think is best, cause of all the dookus, its the best. [no offense to anyone else who did a dooku, i just like this one the best]

Hey, Luuke. Can you fix the uvws on those lips? I guess there was some changes to his face since I mapped him, and so the tips of his lips are all kombubelated. If not, I can e-mail it to you. Just don't know how hard it would be for you to do that to the model I sent you or to fix it yourself.

Originally posted by kman@polycount

Hey, Luuke. Can you fix the uvws on those lips? I guess there was some changes to his face since I mapped him, and so the tips of his lips are all kombubelated. If not, I can e-mail it to you. Just don't know how hard it would be for you to do that to the model I sent you or to fix it yourself.

would be nice if you could send it to me. i could do it myself, but i'm very busy at the moment because i have 6 tests at university in the next weeks and so i'm learning nearly all day.

Originally posted by Garik Loran

I disagree. Lee's lines in the film are poorly written--like most of the script. Lines from other films would make for a cooler character. Sticking to character is one thing, but when the character is so poorly written...

If a Dooku model is saying it and it's Lee's voice, it's going to be indentified with Lee unless it's just a stupid line.

The line about "Join me and we can destroy the Sith..." Sure, it's an actual Dooku line but as a taunt it really sucks ass.

Again, it would be a diferent matter if Dooku had any good lines in the film--instead they all sound liek they were written by a sixth grader.

- DT

Archived