Home

Reasons why EMI sucked and CMI rocked...in case you were wondering

Ok...most people seem to know, but for the mentally challenged and the intelligence impaired, here is why I think CMI is the best and EMI is (basically) the worst.

Why CMI is the best:

Murray was in it lots

Lechuck was the main villian, not some australian geezer

Sword fighting

Really funny

Really good plot

Most like a movie

Why is EMI (basically) the worst:

Often confusing and frusterating keyboard controls

Elaine's voice

Ozzie Mandril

Monkey Kombat

Gaping plot holes

Lack of Murray-ness

Stan's un-involvement/voice

The dumbest Climax I have ever seen (although CMI had little to offer here either)

Anybody have more? Anybody have reasonable argument as to why EMI is better than CMI?

Guest King Andrei

Why EMI sucked more than CMI, more reasons:

-Guybrush runs errands for Elaine instead of pirating.

-Guybrush is more and more of a loser.

-Guybrush is a loser cause he never gets a weapon and KEEP it longer. (Then again, in CMI it was the same thing.)

-3D somehow doesn't seem to be "BETTER" than 2D.

Guest King Andrei
Originally posted by sheaday6

Until they get enough technology to make 3d look really good (they're almost there), 2d will always look better.

OOOOH! I hope MI5 will be 3D, but really good!

Guest King Andrei
Originally posted by Kjølen

Can't wait till they start making them in 4D. :)

Sa sti, ca n-am auzit niciodata un joc sa fie in patru dimensiuni. De fapt n-am auzit nici macar de patru dimensiuni. Ce crezi ca este a patra dimensiune?

well, english people were quite common in the carribbean back in that century (don't ask how i know) so elain was quite acurrate in comi. the complete change in emi was just stupid (another stupid thing in efmi):D

Guest King Andrei

Hello, Iron Ma... I mean Irony Man! ;P I mean Al-back from BW!:)

How'd you like that nickname? Anyways, I thought you said you weren't gonna use this ";P" smile anymore?

Originally posted by Al-back from the BigWhoop

and josh, i can only imagine how u know that stuff... im imagining u reading a book... yes, i would say thats a quite acurated guess ;P

catually you're wrong. the reason i said "don't ask me how i know" is because i myself don't nkow how i know. it's just one of those things i picked up over the year and it just stayed with me. i do read quite a bit, but never in my life have i ever read a novel or textbook on pirates and so that little bit of knowledge didn't come from a book. if anything, it came from tv, which is where most of my knowledg comes from (which is also why up until the age of eight, i thought that anyone wearing glasses would instantly become a superhero upon taking them off and ripping open their shirt)

EMI sucks that's all there is to it.

Here are the reasons why CMI sucks:

* Cartoonish

* Guybrush's new personality.

* Elaine and Guybrush getting married

* LeChuck has lost his thril (crap style/voice...)

* The list continues...

=mek=

i dunno, i thought comi was actually quite good, apart frtom the whole guybrush getting married and all, that shouldn't have happened, he should have had to keep chasing after elaine. but it was good, not as good as the first two, but good all the same. i mean, who could have anticipated vegetarian cannibals.:D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest King Andrei
Originally posted by SamNMax

Shut up Evil Murry! EMI was good!:mad:

Oh, yeah! It was good alright!

But CMI was better!:D

Originally posted by Andrei555

Oh, yeah! It was good alright!

But CMI was better!:D

I hear that. The cartoony style was better than some blocky 3-D crap. And MI6 (no secret agent jokes, it means monkey island) should go back to hand drawn, with point and click and lots and lots of scenes with murray in them.

i mean monkey island 5, sry.

i think she was better english, i don't know why, the american one sounded too "residant evil", i liked it as more of a lara croft quality without the jumping, the shooting of the dogs and the jumping sideways whilst shooting the dogs thing. oh, and elain was much better than lara, but lara was better than MI4 elain because she was english, but not really. you know what, i have no idea what i'm talking about (and i'm damned if you know). but my point is, COMI Elain was much better than EFMI elain.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived