Home

Join the 1337 d00dz Evil Sith-Dark Jedi Bounty Hunter Council

JekRendar

Ok, ok, this is just a little spoof on all those that think being a Jedi (let alone a dark one.grr...) and a bounty hunter (or smuggler) will be an easy task.

Out of the three above-mentioned professions, only one you can choose in the character creation screen. The other two you have to earn. I got inspiration to write this when I was at the Station's forums and read a thread called: What do you want to be before you are a Jedi?

I wasn't surprised that most of the people there said BH or Smug. I mean, what's the chance that a few of those ppl that replied make Jedi, or BH?

So my question is this: Why do people assume SWG is going to be a shallow FPS game with the buttons: 1337 r0x0rs JEDI and kix @$$ BOUNTY HUNTER ?

Are you remembering that bounties are placed almost automatically and that the assignment of such bounties are random? Meaning you can't pick what bounty you want to get.

Rommel

Designer

Manufacturer

Meglomaniac

Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"

Bump and Dud, no offense you have a better chance of acting like JediGhost and trying to achieve Jedi than you do GOOD BH.

Sure anybody can be a BH, but how do you expect to make money, yet alone get hired if you can't provide something unique that others can't. (WARNING: Uniqueness means you have to role-play, and might tick-off Mr. Fett)

Bump and Dud, no offense you have a better chance of acting like JediGhost and trying to achieve Jedi than you do GOOD BH.

Woohoo I'm famous!

Actually I'd rather be a Doctor. I figured this game was all about Jedis. Oh no no no, it's about MONEY!

Doctors get rich, I'm gonna be a doctor! :)

Judging by what all the l33t h4xx0rs of this forum have said: You can't try to become a Jedi.

If your "lucky" (?) you will be presented with the ability to travel the road of the Jedi.

Trying won't get you anywhere unless the chance is presented to you.

Instead of saying "Don't quit your day job" I will say: "Make sure you HAVE a day job lined up." :)

Cuz your gonna come to me, the rich Doctor, as a broke "Jedi" asking for money to help become a Jedi.

And I will say tsk tsk tsk. But then you actually become a Jedi and then you cut my head off.

Then when my clone respawns I run to Vader (or a BH) and they hunt you down!

Either way you look at it, being a Jedi is gonna suck.

Except you can hide in your little swamp house (like Yoda) and send messages to every1 else in the game saying "IM A JEDI!" But then again, I can do that too, from my doctor's office on Coruscant.

What made you change your mind, Ghost? Besides only doctors that study Botany will make the BIG Bucks (hint, hint) *cough* Find lots of bacta *cough*

I'm sorry, Dud, but I'm trying not to insult you...

KEEP THE PANTS ON! Unless you plan to look like Britney Spears and wear Leia's scimpy RotJ outfit!?!

Originally posted by Ulic Quel Droma

well heres my theory

i very much doubt that become FS is random, i think its all in how you play and what skills you choose, eg if you play LIKE a jedi you have more chance of becoming FS,

but then again thats just my theory :)

Actually you're right (it's in the FAQ and Dev Chats)

It's going to be based on how you play (and I think specifically how you socialize) and a lil bit on chance

Well, remember that this is just guesses, all of it. Actually, the only thing the dev's has answered lately (that is, that can be remotely held for a fact) is that noone knows how the jedi issue will be handled, only that it will be mucho secret, and it will be rare. These are all guesses, some more qualified than others, but still only guesses.

But that doesn't mean that the discussion can't be interesting at times :)

You mean I can be someone just by ACTING like them!??

Don't they put those kind of people in asylums?

Me: Look at me, i'm in a Batman costume, i'm Batman!

Doctor: Very good sir, come with us.

Me: No, no. Don't you see, blue suit. Batman!

Doctor: Oh dear, put him in with the 'Jedi' guy.

well i want to be a trader.,, shop owner, transporter.... but i think the proffesion for that is smuggler... so why cant i try to be a good guy instead of evil??? i dont want to become a smuggler... i want to become a trader, merchant....but that falls under smuggler i guess.

Originally posted by Wraith 8

well i want to be a trader.,, shop owner, transporter.... but i think the proffesion for that is smuggler... so why cant i try to be a good guy instead of evil??? i dont want to become a smuggler... i want to become a trader, merchant....but that falls under smuggler i guess.

I think you will only be a smuggler if you smuggle something illegal.

A profession is sort of "what skills you are best at". So, he can be a smuggler, if he has the skills that the game classifies as 'smuggling skills'. This doesn't make him an outlaw. But he has the skills of a smuggler, and thereby the game will call him a smuggler.

Archived