Home

seen alot of post on this........my 2 sence

DeathDragon

now i shall be honist i have had this game about a month more/less i am uncertin i beat it on easy a few days ago. no i beat it on easy & as far as you people who say you beat it on jedi master i do not want to here about your "supiority" & btw to thos of you who will cratque my splelling & gramer BITE ME those to things seteled lets get down to business.

i have not atempted mp yet except bots wich are stopming me. I do however have em lets say uncomon sercomstances to adjust to & i shall get there

i am however not new to mp gameing over 2 yrs at UT i feel i can adicquitly make my point

last post i read on this was the "easy on the backstab/sweep by areoch 4 the record and i didnt read it all because to be frank i could tell he was not objective he made some sence but once he stayed fighter type 2 only spams to counter type 3 i knew it was over

now the people who play to win sorry to tell ya pall theyed use that reguardless if it got them what they wanted. All that maters to those people is how much " I ONW" blah blah blah "im the best " yak yak yak. you get the point by now i hope

now i dono exactly what the heck the bfa are it and the backstab the same? reguardless!

now in ut im what they call a "camper" at times. but het thats what snipers do and if im defending my flag i i see a good spot to pop your but when u go for it i shall take it . however i do not get everyone & i still get killed alot. im not one who can headshot evertime and such. im just an average sniper on an average day

yet while eveyone on the opposing team bitches and moans i suck because i mainly defend ant let otherss go for the flag. when the opposeing team mobs me three to one thats perfectly accseptable.

in ut their a also these things called aimbots and elfbot bots for the few of you who dont already know they are mods that make it near imposible to miss. most people consider them a cheat & they are certinally a cowards toy ......however the players of ut are terrible about the "bunny-hop" jumping over & over constantly a move i consider just as coweredly but most of ut use it and everyone defends the tactic when i point out its unrealisic & moreover verry cheap......their defence makes me harder to hit ....so it is ofcorse perfectly ok. When i point out that some people cannot use it or counter it well and perhaps the bot eas the countermesure .....well thats not ao ok

whats my point? thats ut not this. i know point is simple you people are the same. do i codone cheap tact? NO! i despise it, but iv seen suggestions on various post that go so far as remove and/or reset the backstab and \or the"bfa". WHY because the people who die by it dont "one" anymore?.......aw! i repeat manuvers while fight cuz saber control is a bitch will i ever get to a point wher i dont in truth wit the way i have to set my joystick i dono. odds are people are going to gripe because of how i fight ant alot are going to use it to kill me....thats life. as for the people who deliberately use cheap tact (and that means all of it even what u like so u accept it) they are cowards...thats life to. They cant be unstoble, handel it! as for the people who constantly gripe & moan and /or want mods & adjustments. your no better just another class of scum get over yourselves and shut up already . every day theirs another post.

for crying out loud its pathedic

I don't mind the spelling at all. He makes some good points though.

-Camping in CTF is fine, I dont' mind that. Just that in other gamemodes it is not good. The people whit aimbot and such are the true cheap people.

-One thing though, it does get annoying to have one guy just spam moves. He points out that they are going to do that no matter what. I have to agree with him on this point. Get over it. Work around it. It's not going to help to complain about it. deal with it.

BTW, it's ok to debate this, but let's not resort to childish namecalling or attacking people.

This is going to be kinda long, so if you don't want to read it, just scroll down to the line and read the surmize which is two sentences.

Although on pubs I do my best to not use any specials (Because I don't need the slew of whining that comes with it). in competition play, I really don't have a choice. I can either use it and win, or don't use it and lose. That's the way it is. The "Fun" argument is irrelevent. I play on pubs to have fun, I play my competition ladder to win. If that's what it takes to win, then that's that. The people I play against know the score and they do it too. After the match there is no whining about backswings. To take this another step: In professional sports you don't see players going: "Those newbs scored because they checked the goalie, fagz!"

Pubs - They're good practice for my competition ladder, or when I want to unwind and not worry about winning/losing. I usually just screw around on the pubs. However, if people want to practice their backswings for their competition ladder (and I sometimes do my self, usually only on other backswingers.) or they wanna be 'big man on campus' in the pub and take the leader board then they should be entitled to do so through whatever means necessary.

Competition play - An opponent dosn't care if you don't think backswings aren't a viable tactic, and the ladder admin won't either. Therefore if you want to refrain from backswinging to adhere to a set of 'saber ethics' or somesuch, then that's fine but if you lose to someone who dosn't adhere to such 'saber ethics' then take the loss knowing that you didn't compromise your position on backswings by doing them yourself.

----------------------------------------------------

Summery - Backswings are a viable move because they're in the game and are useable without cheating. Therefore anyone can use them for whatever reason, deal with it.

PS: None of this is ment to offend in anyways, so don't read it that way. I'm simply showing that backswings are a viable tactic in both recreational and competition play.

Well said Raz, I'm glad that there is a balance for people who want to be competitive but also have fun. You should send your post to Artifex, maybe he'll try having fun with the game and actually learn that JK2 MP can provide a lot of enjoyment :)

To DeathDragon...I couldn't really understand your point, mainly because I had a hard time reading that. Sorry :(

.....smells like trailer parks and cat piss.....(had to do it)

Anyway, he makes a point. Removing something wont stop players from exploiting something else, and making every move suck is not balance. There is no easy solution, an my only hope is that some Raven employee, somewhere, is working on it.

yes i know my spelling sucks i dont see a spellcheck nor do i have the time or iclination to run one and yes english is my native language as i live in the U.S.A. i am a hunter not an english profeeor as for those who " cant understand", "dont fallow me i dont think the way u do my brainworks on laggistics and the inteligent figer that out

as for the rest i dont see why your wasting time sitting there with your thumb up your but saying "i dont get you". when iv stated I DONT CARE TO KNOW THAT.

i fail to see how rhat serves anything and ferthermore how it should be my [roblem

thank you

yes i know my spelling sucks i dont see a spellcheck nor do i have the time or iclination to run one and yes english is my native language as i live in the U.S.A. i am a hunter not an english profeeor as for those who " cant understand", "dont fallow me i dont think the way u do my brainworks on laggistics and the inteligent figer that out

as for the rest i dont see why your wasting time sitting there with your thumb up your but saying "i dont get you". when iv stated I DONT CARE TO KNOW THAT.

i fail to see how rhat serves anything and ferthermore how it should be my [roblem

thank you

It isn't your problem, I didn't ask you to fix you're disgusting spelling and poor atempt at grammar, I just said (in a nice way, I thought) that I consider it to be a waste of my time to read that crap you call writing. I was apologizing for not responding to your topic as well as Raz's. However, if you're going to be so rude about it, I see no reason to apologize anymore.

i think kal their saw my bie me post when i mestakingly bosted it as a new thread as such i think he has a slightly misguided interpritation of it however i am not here for annoying rivelry so that matter is finished for me. o amsorry for you

to anyone who reads my main points and is smart enough to comprehend them your thoughts ....heres the boaed

to the rest......well...........!

Hey deathdragon, one I am glad you read my post even if you don't agree with it. What you don't understand is how the situation is in MP. Yes backsweep/stab is defeatable but you are going to have to work like hell to get around someone who is an expert on it.

You have to hit someone with ~10/~6/~4 normal hits with light/medium/heavy without specials. All they have to do is hit you once. So the odds are already stacked against you as you need to make more hits than they do.

Currently the saber system with its blocking encourages you to get behind your opponent but boom bs. So you charge in from the front to avoid the bs but the other person just spins 180 degrees and bs. You come up on the sides the person spins 90 degrees and bs. So you are in danger from it from all sides. Some get creative and jump over your head doing it in mid air so when they land they are behind and in the animation.

Lets try putting this in terms of UT lets say instagibs was always on and you always had the 1 hit kill shock rifle but you also had all the other weapons too but they all did less damage. Now why would someone use say the enforcer against someone using the enhanced shock rifle? It'll take you 20 shots while dodging the red shock to kill the person when you could just as easily switch to your own shock rifle to kill people. Now lets say that this was a bug in the new UT patch that gave you the enhanced shockrifle when instagibs isn't on. Now think about what you said. If you were a UT player in the above situation wouldn't you want a way to stop the shockrifle spam especially since its a bug and is being used in a way not originallly meant to inthe spirt of the game?Wouldnt you want a patch to fix this bug so you can play UT as its meant to be played?

I agree with your point almost entirely, however I must say that anyone who spams and does cheap stuff will be kicked on my server, The whiners also have a point you see.

People who exploit weakness in the game can make it very hard for people that are new to the game to learn, whereas if they play someone who doesnt take liberties they will learn quicker and whoo knows this 'noob' (stupid word) could end up whooping all our asses.

Finally as for these fools who are making fun of your spelling, they just arent intelligent enuff to work it out is all, More power to you my friend.

Peace,

Jah:D

are u telling me the bsckstab is a bug....it is a fencing manuver. or are u telling me the 1 hit kill is a bug? are u sure it is? arbt arn't their other one hit kills? and 4 the record incase someone missed im not condoneing wearing the movr out over & and over

however some people want it gone altogether and i know one of them i dont remember a name either does or at one time could use other 1 hit mives he wanted the bs gone to make his easer

The backstab was supposed to be fixed but it seems some dude didn't get around to it at Raven. So if the next patch is released, it will definatly remove the backstab-1-hit-kill. Or it will remove the running backwards while holding a sabre. Either way, they will make it very dangerous for the backfighters to hit.

That clear it up for ya? It's AN EXPLOIT.

so a raven guy was suppose to fix it ya say. my hole thing is this it it a cheap tact yes. is it the only one? certinally not if itd a fix issue then it needs fixed but will it really matter. i dont see how 10 new post a day bitching cuz u got backstabed does good

if you really want the job done right tell them they need to work out the bugs not just the one cuz im tellin you some peopke only want it gont to get an edge. this just spawns a new class of loser nothing more

i prefer a fair fight

all im saying is dont go at it one sided rushing 4 redults and people should find something else to do then post "i got backstabed" all day

its just as pathedic

But we all know your point of view. Why should everyone keep repeating this **** over and over and over, when it just came to a point that nobody cares no more. This topic has been done over and over. Why did you go and create another thread about it? The only reasons I see are

a) You didn't read anything before

b) You just wanted to tell everyone WHAT YOU THINK (like that's important :rolleyes:. It is as important as my opinion or the next man's)

So, in two sentences; Give it a rest already, we heard it times and times before, and we don't need to hear it again. At least I don't.

Archived