Home

A ridiculous question maybe?

Jah Warrior

Hi,

This may sound mad to you guys but let me explain:

I have a dedicated server on my LAN, i play a seperate computer, however i get the feeling that playing with virtually no ping/latency is turning my gameplay soft. I seem not to lose very much when playing on my server and lose horrifically on other servers.

Hence the question is there a way to simulate lag on my machine, say gove my self a ping of 50 - 100 ms?

Is there a setting in game that can compensate, as I really like being able to provide this service to people and hence as I have only one connection I have to bring the server down to play on somebody elses.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Peace to you all,

Jah.

hmm you could open up an ftp server or something on the jk2 server & have a script send a hugeass file (like a dozen iso's or something) back and forth. Make 4 or 5 files like this at once & have your computer get all 4 at once while playing.. that might help.

I believe you can simulate lag client-side by including the following in your client config:

seta cl_timenudge 75

You can adjust the number based on how much lag you want to simulate. Remember, this is a client-side setting and not a server-side one.

Your ping will always be displayed the same since the server doesn't know that the client is doing this. If you didn't notice the effect, try setting the number higher. This value is a basic q3 engine item. I'd be surprised if it was completely missing.

Archived