Home

What games are you waiting to play this year?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Heavyarms

That game is so much fun!

I'll give you that, but the thing that makes it bad in my book is that it gets very boring very quickly. This is due to ultra repetitive gameplay and lack of real gameplay innovations. You have such a small array of attacks (and really only ever need to use 2 or 3) that it largely becomes a button pushing contest. Couple that with the fact that characters really only have 4 or so truly unique attacks and it becomes even more repetitive. I find that when i play, all i need is jump, up B, and up A to win handily every single time with every character.

It would be an excellent choice for a party or a rent, but owning it seems like a large waste to me.

The original Super Smash Brothers you could say that about. Super Smash Brothers Melee is a horse of a different color. Many more attacks to choose from and a deeper and more varied stable to characters to choose from. Albeit it doesn't have a workable storyline for single player, but who really plays that for that purpose anyway? I only play it to unlock all the great secret characters.

I could play this game for hours on end and not get bored. Wait...I have. :p

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

The original Super Smash Brothers you could say that about. Super Smash Brothers Melee is a horse of a different color. Many more attacks to choose from and a deeper and more varied stable to characters to choose from. Albeit it doesn't have a workable storyline for single player, but who really plays that for that purpose anyway? I only play it to unlock all the great secret characters.

I could play this game for hours on end and not get bored. Wait...I have. :p

Well, thats not what i saw when i played it. I could barely play it at Best Buy for 20 minutes without it getting repetitive and ultimately boring. I've played the first one extensively and i really couldn't notice too much improvement in the depth of the gameplay itself, although there were some good improvements.

• 1 month later...

Well, I just got WC3 tonight, not bad so far but nothing to get over worked about. All I have done it run the tutorial campaign (both missions) and reading the manual a little. I wont be able to play it much cause I am heading for vaction next week, but I will play it after that. I am looking forward to playing the following...

C&C Generals

Desus Ex 2

Age of Mythology

Sudden Strike 2

Half Life 2 (if it ever comes out, just like TFC 2 i guess)

Archived