Home

A sad, sad day.

Originally posted by Redwing

Wow, really? I was under the impression that it was forbidden...can I have confirmation? ^^

THis is all EU, natch; Lucas doesn't have a clue.

Ki's family appears in the first few issues of DH Comics' Star Wars Ongoing. The first two arcs predate Ki's appointment to the Council (sort of a test, to see how well the series would do), then the series jumps ahead to post-TPM events.

As for the folks who don't want to be Jedi, I would presume that they (like the students who don't get selected as someone's Padawan) get channelled into careers where their Force-sensitivity won't be a problem. Obi-Wan, for instance, was about to be sent off to the agricultural corps before Qui-Gon decided to "adopt" him (seen in the Jedi Apprentice YA series).

Of course, they can always just leave, like Count Dooku did, but that tends to be rare; note the limited number of busts in the Jedi library (each bust is of a Jedi who's left).

(Incidentally, if you look closely at that scene, apparently Slimer was once a Jedi, before he ran off to join the Ghostbusters. :eyeraise: )

Archived