Home

Favorite Force Power?

Guest Alloran Centauri

Guest Alloran Centauri

Yeah, Force Jump is cool...but I have made a (bad) habit out of keeping my fly mode on...so I don't use it unless I want to smash my head against the ceiling... wink.gif

------------------

Alloran Centauri

~It is not age but ability that marks a turning point.~

Guest Alloran Centauri

Force Absorb, eh? Cool...I never really learned how that worked. redface.gif

How does it work?

------------------

Alloran Centauri

Quite well, actually.

Mine is what JK calls Force Persuasion, but what I call Limited Invisibility.

From non-JK sources, Corran Horn's Illusion power would be cool. You can even use Invisibility and Illusion in tandem to get cool effects (turning into an animal, shape-changing, doppelgangers).

------------------

"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

Guest Alloran Centauri

Ahhhhh...

Anyone else have favorites?

------------------

Alloran Centauri

Guest Alloran Centauri

Now, now, surely that is not the total group that has one of the two games (or both).

I'm still waiting...

------------------

Alloran Centauri

Guest Garindan

I like in jedi knight, i like the:

Neutral: Grab, i like to make the enemy have no weapons

Light Side: i like the healing, i too use it the most.

Dark Side: well, grip of course, i don't understand why that's a dark side power, and yet, luke skywalker used it on the gammorrean guards in jabbas palace in return of the jedi and he was a good jedi!!!

I think it was Force Push(that's one of my favorites in MOTS, I always use that on my Sis when she's near a cliff, She wonders for the first 10 seconds why she fell all of a sudden, and then the swearing comes...)

------------------

No!

I am your father.

[This message has been edited by Pedro The Hutt (edited September 08, 2000).]

• 1 month later...

I guess I can't really narrow it down to just one (they are all pretty cool in their own ways, though Defense is sorta boring, heh). Basically the neutral forces were the coolest, because they were so useful.

When playing other FPS's I often find myself wishing I had access to these powers, when I need to make long jumps, escape, reach a powerup, keep tabs on my opponent, etc. ; )

Absorb is a great power too, because it gives you back mana while countering certain dark force powers.

Kurgan

Guest oninosensi

In one of the Star Wars Comix, Luke crushed an AT-AT useing the force during the fighting on Corusant. That would be a cool ablity to have. "Hulk, uh I mean, Force Smash". And if you could get Force Throw to be continuos, so it looks more like the scene out of Empire when Vader is beating on Luke with the machine parts.

------------------

"You gave me an ABNORMAL BRAIN?!"

Guest Kipple Master

Garindan,

I think he used a mind power not grip, he just put an instruction into their simple minds to stand back.

I absolutely love Saber Throw in MOTS. Killed a lot of my friends with that one.

------------------

"It's a Minor Earth, Major Sky" (Minor Earth/Major Sky written by Paul Waaktaar-Savoy and Magne Furuholmen, performed by a-ha)

Guest Garindan

no way, that was force grip, it says so in lucasarts website for crying out loud!!! i'll copy it into this, How does Mysteries of the Sith differ from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II?

The primary difference between Mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Knight is that the Force powers take on a Neutral persona, meaning they are not inherently good or bad, but allow your actions with these powers to determine your alignment. We felt there were numerous examples of this in the Star Wars universe (Luke using Choke on the Gamorrean guard in Return of the Jedi). There is no Light or Dark choice, because we are dealing with a character that is being used elsewhere in the universe (Mara Jade), we couldn't have her turning to the Dark Side and still fit into the storyline. Additionally, it didn't work in the context of the story we were trying to tell. There is no FMV (Full Motion Video), due to budget and time constraints, we couldn't produce FMV for the game. We felt that it provided a smoother, more immersive game environment, when we produced the cut-scenes with the characters that people saw throughout the game play. It removed some of the akwardness of switching from FMV to 3D and back.

There you have it.

Guest oninosensi

Yes, Luke did deflect the AT-AT shots back tword it, but it didn't blow up. He crushed it. I can quote from the comic if ya want.

I guess this power could be called Force Smoosh.

Personally, I liked the Dark Empire comix.

------------------

Guest Garindan

luke uses jump too, in empire strikes back, he uses throw, well sortof on c-3po(but i'd call that lift). What's everybody's favorite lightsaber battles? I like the desert one with maul and qui-gon and i like the Empire Strikes Back one, the one where luke gets his hand chopped and vader needs alieve for shoulder pain.

Guest Sailor Meike

My favorite Force Power is Force Lightning.

And i like Force jump too.

And BTW, I liked the lightsaber fight at the end of TPM, for as long as Qui-Gon Jinn is alive.

------------------

I'm the protector of Justice and anime,

I'm Sailor Meike!!!

Guest oninosensi

Darth Maul has got THE most awesome moves of any jedi out there. The final fight sequence in E1:TPM was one of the best I have seen in any sword fighting flick, not just in SW. After seeing the movie, I can belive where I read at the web site that they wrecked more than 200 prop lightsabers.

------------------

Archived