Home

If you can't beat 'em, join em?

xxCloud316xx

Hey I am new here and just found this forum and decided to check it out. I have had Outcast for about a week and have played only the multiplayer aspect of it, I will get to single player later perhaps.

Anyways, I really like the dueling games because each player has their own style of fighting and it requires some adapting of your skills to counter theirs. However, I have run into a few players that I just cannot defeat.

After reading these forums, I read alot of discussions on the usage of scripts to bind to hotkeys for combos. I believe I have been a victim of scripters for many many times. For example, the popular pull/backstab combinatoin seems to get me alot in dueling, the opponent i face does it effortlessly almost the exact same way each time. The one i hate the most is the force push/sabre sweep and/or kick to the face combo, it really pisses me off, he will do it exactly the same way each and every time.

So I was thinking of maybe scripting a few reserve moves for just such opponents, so maybe then the ground will be even.

So could someone help me out with some of the script commands? Or better yet, I know scripting is considered cheating by most, so maybe you could just post some of the keystrokes for that sabre sweep/kick thing, I have been trying to figure it out but have only done it a few times on accident. Thanks.

My advice to you is to just keep practicing and youll figure out how to counter the lamer script kiddies, and youll feel alot better about yourself because you can do it yourself instead of letting your PC play the game for you. keep in mind that its the if you cant beat them join them mentality that makes things like scripting weak, lame stupid, ghey and out of control. DONT GO TO THE DARKSIDE!!!! :D

Know a few things:

1 - I have yet to see a working kick script. Kicking is very dependent on ping, if you have a higher ping than your opponent then pray he doesn't love to kick cause he has a distinct advantage.

2 - The control setup you use can affect your playing style a great deal, I personally use a very mouse-centric style that allows me easy rolling/pulling/pushing but my kicks suffer, as well as my ability to quickly change stance. I tend to lose a lot to people who kick/pull, and I know that if I possibly had better keys mapped and my timings down, I could do their stuff just as well, but I sacrifice for other things.

3 - Someone experienced with pulling someone down can do it many, many ways. The only time you are truly well protected from being pulled to the ground is standing still and not moving while keeping the cursor eye level with your opponent with full force pool. Anything else and a properly timed pull can take you down, its not scripting as much as just knowing the timings of everything . Never swing your saber wildly, especially if it isn't going to connect... that just screams "PULL ME DOWN"!

4 - If you think someone is cheating, then observe them in spectator mode carefully, look through both players and you can notice if they have their sensitivity extremely low (which allows quick turnarounds at the expense of looking like a jittery speedfreak :D ) or if they are maintaining a high force pool while letting their opponent exhaust theirs.

I hope this helps you, I've said many times that the most important thing you can do is be patient. If you lose quickly the first time you fight someone then do not get angry, just pay very close attention to how they fight while you wait in line, no player is perfect... I've fought some of the best and they do leave themselves open as well as make fatal mistakes if you pay attention.

Archived