Home

Download 1.03a Here

Soldier2200

I've noticed quite a few posts in the past few days asking where to download 1.03a. If you're one of those people, here ya go!! :)

[ For you guys that already have it, got any other mirrors? Thx :) ]

http://www.3ddownloads.com/?file_id=160466

Happy Huntin!

-Soldier2200

---------------------------------

UPDATE:

Oops! Sorry for the confusion, this patch is ONLY for server admins! Players do NOT need to download this patch to play on any 1.03a servers!

And here is a 1.03a server, the first 1.03a server. Thanks to WD

166.90.203.203:28070

-Soldier2200 :)

No not every server runs it because it is not an official patch.

Raven has only released one patch and that is 1.03.

1.03a is the compiled version of the source code Raven released a week ago. It contains some changes from 1.03 and shows they were working on another patch, but they decided to release the source code instead.

My guess is that there will be very few servers that run this since it isn't a sanctioned patch. I'd be very careful about DL'ing and installing it lest you find you can't connect to any servers.

This is my opinion.

If a server is trying to find a better alternative to the backstab strength I would try the g_saberghoul2collision 1 first before this unnofficial patch. Backstab can be blocked with it without messing with blue lunge or excessive blocking. Some of the servers I play on that had 1.03a installed and removed it after trying the c_saberghoul2collision 1 server side variable. It is recommended to leave saber trace on as it is default.

The Best alternative if you hate the 1.03 patch IMHO, is to add these lines to your jk2mpconfig.cfg file:

seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst "1"

seta g_saberGhoul2Collision "1"

seta g_dismember "100"

seta cg_dismember "3"

Have fun.

Kaan

I'll just ignore the confusing of the SDK Source 'patch' 1.03a and the dedicated Server Patch 1.03a, cause I have a problem:

While the unofficial 1.03a 'mod/patch' *IS* supposed to run as aserver side mod, I can't get it to work properly! IF I start my server with this mod (server runs allright) I can't connect because of unpreness. If I enable auto-download it *would actually download* the 1.03a mod file... thats *not* server side, but why?

It should be! Anyone had this problem as well and found a sollution? Mayvbe the saber103a pak file hast to be in a very ccertain place? right now it is located in my server's base folder

???? Help?!?!

why is it that everyone fails to grasp that 1.03a was released on may 15th... it was the linux patch for 1.03... if you look around at the servers and their version numbers.. EVERY linux server is running 1.03a... EVERY windows server(at least until this rumor got started) is running 1.03... the "a" stands for a version port to a non-native operating system, i.e. linux...

the mac version(if/when it gets done) is going to be(pauses for effect) 1.03b

if this rumor mongering had even a little bit of truth to it... then why is it that there arent complaints about the "2" versions of 1.03a when people play on several differant servers since linux has been running it since may 15th and this "alleged" version isnt even 2 weeks old?

Originally posted by Darth Kaan

The Best alternative if you hate the 1.03 patch IMHO, is to add these lines to your jk2mpconfig.cfg file:

seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst "1"

seta g_saberGhoul2Collision "1"

seta g_dismember "100"

seta cg_dismember "3"

Have fun.

Kaan

No that should be:

seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst "0"

if you set cl_allowdownload to 0 on ur local client you should be able to connect to a server running what i call the Raven SDK Mod v1.03a (as apposed to the official patch 1.03a).

it appears those that have changed the default value in the config won't be able to connect unless they change it.

Originally posted by QuietSith

No that should be:

seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst "0"

Nah, I got it right.

I took a pole on my server over the last 3 days and 85% of the people playing in it agreed that leaving seta g_saberTraceSaberFirst set to "1" was better than "0"

In any event, people have different Ideas and beliefs in what "balances" the game. Because of that, Wether 0 or 1, Like with all changes to any game, it is and always will be a matter of preference.

Kaan

Believe it or not G-sabertracesaberfirst 1 is correct when the g_saberghoul2collision 1 is enabled. It has just enough blocking without being excessive like it is without ghoul2 enabled. If you dont enable ghoul2 then you should set it to 0.

Its been recommended in several places in this forum to leave both of these variables enabled for the best saber duel results. And I agree with them, it really seems much more challenging and the backstab can be blocked.

I am sorry I hadn't realized there was a linux official 1.03a. I will now refer to the raven sdk as the Raven SDK reslease mod to elliminate the confusion. BTW that mod really sux IMHO becuase it messes with the backflip lunge combo. Makes you land on your neck. You can kick roll off a wall and lunge either. They did it on purpose to get rid of the parachute effect which I agree is a bug, but they implemented the fix in the wriong way. If they wanted to stop the parachute they should have added a downward velocity and left it at that. Not make it so you cant lunge when you feet are off of the ground. I don't fully agree with the way they fixed the backstab either. Although they did do the job effectively. The should have left the spinning and made it as powerful as the three hit lunge. Instead you cant spin and its a 2 hit shot. If you try to spin it tweaks out and shakes the screen. The SDK MOD does the job, but you can do a better job with ghoul and sabertrace on using the official patch. I already convinced two servers of this after they tried it for themselves and the disabled the SDK MOD for good.

Sure. it's all a matter of taste.

I wouldn't want to get away from 1.03a because i like how Raven fixed the blue lunge exploit, the turning during backstabs/sweeps, reduction of their damage. stronger heavy stance. AND of course the more tactical push/pull, that pushes you back, but not on the ground now.

I would just have loved to see this as an official patch, maybe with some changes to saber throw (take more force-power / less damage / saber 'loosable' like in SinglePlayer) and of course kick (no damage maybe?), to make them less powerfull than normal swings, so you would rather use them in special situations only, not everytime as your favourite attack.

Hi, I put the package linked above together.

Lord NoData: That's the problem, we don't have the 1.03 source to compare the 1.03a SDK to, and since it's not an official patch there's no changelog that I'm aware of... all we can do is play both and compare.

Also, I'm very inclined to want clients to download this, as we're pretty sure Raven made some changes to the cgame client-side qvm code, and it would be better in the interests of stability to get clients the pk3 also. That and enough people have had problems getting on to 1.03a servers without it that I want them to have it, so everyone can play and I have peace of mind :)

If there are any other suggestions let me know.

Archived