Home

who am I kidding...

winner_rex

Don't give up bro, I know just how you feel, all these big league mappers have one thing in common, they get an idea and stick with it - thats what you need to do, if something doesn't look good, make it look good! Don't just give up and start over!

Originally posted by winner_rex

I can never start anything I finish...

Well there's your problem! You're moving backwards in time! Try getting reoriented into a proper space-time continuum and you might have a better time with it :D

BradFu!

(PS - Some of us don't know ANYTHING about mapping, so you're ahead of us at least!)

I felt AWEFUL when i first started this adventure in mapping. I couldn't figure out this damned editor AT all... but i found out that its almost like building with Lego's...

I still cannot bend a pipe at 90 degrees yet...and i doubt i ever will figure it out, but i have a damn good looking reactor made with just all 8 sided brushes!!

Patience is one of the things needed..and sticking to one idea helps greatly!!! Read a ton of tutorials on everything and it gets even easier... i jsut wish i had more time to make my level, but work, and the tiredness Home Depot brings me makes my mapping adventure a bit more slower...but its coming along!!

Let's stick to the subject. I know how you feel, I got tons of unfinished maps at home. Theres just 1 thing you got to do. Finish what you start. It is one of the guidelines from Tod from id Software. Stick to what you start, and finish it.

Right, back to the subject, winner_rex, never give up! You'd be surprised at how good a bigginer map is if it's made right, and professional looking. Stick to lyour map, finish it, and give it that professional touch, make it look pretty:D Your map doesn't have to be complex, but if it's made well, and professional, it will be good. Trust me;)

:craider: *tusken battle cry*

winner_rex, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I've got so many unfinished maps... This Sarlacc pit map I'm working on will be my first released MP map for any game, and I've been mapping for a while...

I know what you mean about getting the idea from your head into the game. It's tough. I can barely do it.

The things that I can map the best are established, documented things, like my ATAT, or Jabba's sail barge. Ask me to make a ship from scratch, though, and I've got nothing. Maybe you could try that. Try making some things from schematics or pictures. It will at least help with the imagination thing. ;)

Originally posted by Absath

damnit unikorn, you elitist :explode:;)

-Abs

well he's right

And as for me, i've been mapping since february of this year. I started many a map but have nothing to show for it, never finished one. All I have released so far is the awing prefab that I released yesterday. But i'm determined to finish my SP map no matter how long it takes.

I'm afraid I can't even map or model, even with a tutorial... pity. I have some intriguing ideas I'd like to explore, but whatever.

I'll stick to drifting around these boards for all eternity, mocking other people's creations in order to make myself feel big.

I'm making my 5th map now. The others have never been finished.

All SP maps. I've completed my 5th map in textures now but now I need to work on those waypoints and somehow I just don't get how they work.

Is somebody willing to see my map now? (it's not ingame so you will have to use JK2Radiant)

Archived