Home

Saber Throw is getting out of hand

iceman9722

I just went to one the duel servers I frequent and conducted a little test. I used nothing but saber throw. No attacking, nothing. Just saber throw. This is a NF server with only L1 jump, and all the saber skills enabled. Went through 10 people, no sweat. Without ghoul2collision, I don't see why anyone would need anything else.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I think there are issues that need to be addressed, this just sounds like people who want to beat each other up with a glowing tree branch.

Let's remove push/pull/throw/grip/lightning cause people use them too much.....

It's easy to beat a thrower,,, with patience

it's easy to beat someone without patience,,,, throw -- Maybe they'll stop trying to swing madly and chain combos and actually think.

Just my humble opinion though, I'm sure someone will tell me I'm wrong. :D

Originally posted by Redwing

*gets deja vu*

I think concussion rifles are getting out of hand!

Wait, *cough* sorry, wrong game. :D

hehe, in the SBX3.1 mod, it made the CR bolts saber bouceable.... it was a riot to play CR tennis:D also bouce the conker right in the teath:D

the fun... the wonder... the gunzers laying in the heap in the corner...:D

SPY

If someone throws his saber at me, I pretty much take it as a sign of "no holds barred", and begin to kick him to death. Or hit him when he's laying on the ground. Or just stand there and let him come closer.... real close...

well...saber throw should only be activated on force duels. NF duels should not have saber throw, and Raven already addressed that small problem. So I don't think anyone hsould have a problem with saber throw. If you find it on a nf server, then leave and find another one, that server is probably a less experienced server as compared to one where they fix it so that saber throw is not included in nF.

So if they are throwing you to death..you can pull/push/grip/lightning them to death...I don't see anything too bad about that.

I see nothing wrong with Saber Throw as it is. If I throw my saber at someone it's because they're swinging wildly or attempting to perform a DFA or backstab. Otherwise, any skilled player will just flip out of the way or face and block the saber. There's nothing unbalanced about it.

Hmm I didn't even know saber throwing was sort of taboo - I do it all the time. I just get a couple close range throws in while I'm fighting just to diversify things a bit. That's definitely not all I use, but it is a great way to knock down a little health.

I think it just gets boring in a duel when it's two people swiping at eachother unsuccessfully and intermittently trying to land kicks for 10 minutes I haven't encountered anyone who uses throw to the point of it being really lame, either. If someone was relentless, I would just leave them alone and do effective yet cheap pull/BS's whenever i happened to bump into them coming around a corner or whatever.

In a NF server, is there any way to counter someone who saber throws excessively (or exclusively) without throwing back at him as much as possible? He can run backwards as fast as you can chase him, so you will NEVER get into hitting range. I think they stated that it's a bug that you can saber throw in NF servers - I don't know why more server admins don't disable it if they know how (since they often enable higher levels of jump).

I don't know... its alot harder to kick people who throw constantly down because they jump alot (hence don't get knocked down), plus you have to get close enough... not to mention kick requires level 2 jump I believe, while on some NF servers they only have lvl 1 jump.

Archived