Home

yeah ... another clonetrooper ...

KapnKeg

Hey everybody. I know that one or a few people are already playing around with clone models already, but I've been working on this guy for a while and I think I'll probably just go ahead and release it anyway.

This is my first model for a game, so it's mostly been a learning process. I have been using 3dsmax for years though ... so that helped some.

Right now, the model is done and all I really have to work on is LOD's, bot support (unless anyone would be willing to donate a decent script), and all the other little finishing touches.

So, without further delay ... here it is.

KapnKeg's clonetrooper

Please give me some feedback. Positive or negative.

KapnKeg

Originally posted by KapnKeg

Hey everybody. I know that one or a few people are already playing around with clone models already, but I've been working on this guy for a while and I think I'll probably just go ahead and release it anyway.

This is my first model for a game, so it's mostly been a learning process. I have been using 3dsmax for years though ... so that helped some.

Right now, the model is done and all I really have to work on is LOD's, bot support (unless anyone would be willing to donate a decent script), and all the other little finishing touches.

So, without further delay ... here it is.

KapnKeg's clonetrooper

Please give me some feedback. Positive or negative.

KapnKeg

1st Rate Model !!!!

I can create a script for bot support if you want just post your email address and I will send it to you :D :D :D

Thanks for the thoughts. After reading everybody's replies and getting a ton of excellent new reference pics from a friend with a bootlegged copy of epII (Woooohoo!!!)... I have two questions.

The model (obviously a rework of Raven's stormtrooper) needs more work. What parts stand out as being inaccurate or just plain sloppy?

With the skin, I was trying my best to replicate the way Raven skinned their stormtroopers. To a certain extent, I think I pulled that off. However, do you guys think I would be better off trying to put a more photo-realistic skin on him or just trying a little harder to match him to the actual game environment?

Also, I've gotten some pretty good feedback on the head so far, but after looking at these new pics I got ... well, there's obviously some more tweaking in order.

Archived