Home

Whats your fps?

Daver Hacker

XP is a right bitch when it comes to tweaking ur hardware

i got so pissed off with XP Pro for taking away all my control and doing it automaticly and it is so incredebly slow comapred 2 98 that i went bac 2 98 after less than a week

Steg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Steg

XP is a right bitch when it comes to tweaking ur hardware

i got so pissed off with XP Pro for taking away all my control and doing it automaticly and it is so incredebly slow comapred 2 98 that i went bac 2 98 after less than a week

Steg

You went from a very stable platform to one that is generally not supported anymore.

Sounds like you needed some hardware upgrades if you needed to do 'that much' tweaking - imo.

Originally posted by normal

You guys complain waaay too much, I get 10-25 FPS in 640x480.

Do I complain about that? No, because it really dosn't bother me. You guys should learn to appreciate what you do have.

Where'd ya dig up that old fossil? ;)

Originally posted by normal

If you mean my video card, it's an on-board piece of ****..

If you mean anything else, what are you referring to?

:jawa

You cant really moan, your onboard video card was made for displaying games like Solitare and Minesweeper, not JediKnight 2.

I am not complaining, just comparing. :D

Just a question:

Why do everyone prefer to have an enormous resolution?

I run in 640X480 for multi and 800X600 for singleplayer, but I can't really understand these "resolution-junkies" who insist on running in the highest possible resolution.

To *me*, the difference is negligible and I can't be bothered to raise my res., just to see a decrease in FPS. Extremely silly IMHO.

I get 20-25 no enemies and got to 5 with enemies and then 10 when outside 1 enemy I get 1 and you get the point.

This is on the fastest setting and I have a GeForce2 MX400,

It was the best I could get at the time and I only had little money at the time. I'm 13 live in the UK and was in a rush to get a new graphics card because i got JK2 the very first day it was out at a bout 9:30 am and I realised I did not have a sutible graphics card to play it.:mad::(

p4 1.6@2.4Ghz, 256MB MushkinDDR CAS222, geForce3 ti200 128MB

i just ran a timedemo using the JK2FFA demo with , 32bit color-depth, 32bit textures, trilinear filtering, and shaders on, and anti-aliasing off.

1280x1024 - 99.1

1024x768 - 120.5

800x600 - 122.7

and thats with mirc and trillian logged onto aim, icq and yahoo msger, and 3 internet explorer windows open... heres what i got when i shut everything down...

1280x1024 - 101.5

1024x768 - 121.5

800x600 - 123.1

not a very noticable difference. so only if you have something under 1 gig i'd say close everything down before you play, otherwise its really not necessary...

GeForce 4 4600

Asus A7m266-D with dual Athlon 1800+ MP processors

SB Audigy Platinum EX

1 gig ECC DDR 2100 RAM

Running multiplayer at 1280x1024 with V-sync on and hosting 2 or 3 players I'm getting FPS's in the high 90's on most maps. I've seen it drop down to the 80's but not below that.

Everything is turned on except EAX and trails.

Usually there are a few things going on in the background and I often leave some browser windows open, and an email client but I think that the other processor keeps those under control.

Originally posted by cjais

Just a question:

Why do everyone prefer to have an enormous resolution?

I run in 640X480 for multi and 800X600 for singleplayer, but I can't really understand these "resolution-junkies" who insist on running in the highest possible resolution.

To *me*, the difference is negligible and I can't be bothered to raise my res., just to see a decrease in FPS. Extremely silly IMHO.

I for one, use higher resolutions, because since I got a big monitor, at higher resolutions, the game runs faster than in lower due to the refresh rate.

T/bird 1gig

640 Meg ram 133

GeForce 2 MX400 (64meg)

KT7 M/B

1024x768

Win XP

i get on average 20-40 but i would love too boost this if you can help

if anyone knows where to find that thing, where you can alocate Ram to JO, or anything else please let me know

i have Sync off, Colour set at 16 and Texture set at 32

i just done the seta com_maxfps "100" just too make sure :)

umm

cant think of anything else :o

give us a hand i would like if poss too make it too at least 40-50 i would be happy at that, never mind those 90+ gits :p

cheers

Originally posted by Reiver

I for one, use higher resolutions, because since I got a big monitor, at higher resolutions, the game runs faster than in lower due to the refresh rate.

No game runs better in high resolutions than it does in lower resolutions, the higher you go the more video bandwidth you use up.

Originally posted by -=[M@ximus]=-

T/bird 1gig

640 Meg ram 133

GeForce 2 MX400 (64meg)

KT7 M/B

1024x768

Win XP

i get on average 20-40 but i would love too boost this if you can help

hello max! I hope wut i am gonna tell u soon might help. look at my sig and u will know that my system is similiar to urs except the RAM and the processor. I get and fps around 60-80 fps averagely on MP and 80-100fps in single player. Here are my configs:-

Video Config

800x600 res

16 bit colours

32 bit textures

TRILINEAR

Shades On

and the rest set to high

More video Config

VSync Off

The rest on.

thats all for my system config and btw, i turned on EAX too.

Originally posted by mtrixman

where can i download 3d mark?

Ya can get it from madonions.com

For those of you who did not play Quake 3 or are not too familiar with the Quake 3 console I suggest going here for the basics:

http://keen.gameadmins.com/variables.html

And here:

http://keen.gameadmins.com/commands.html

For tweaking and high performance go here:

http://keen.gameadmins.com/tweaking.html

99% of that stuff still applies to Jedi Outcast. Even though I run a high performance machine, I still do a little tweaking so that when I do end up in a server with 30 guys running around blasting everything in sight I maintain a high frame rate with 0 slow down.

Originally posted by mtrixman

what was the command to show fps again? i forgot

the command is cg_drawfps 1 and jedi, read my last past cause it says sumthing about configuring ur res and stuff like that so that ur gf3 can get kick a.s.s. fps

Archived