Home

Bind moves?

DeViLgunner

there are a few ways of doing this. The easiest way would be;

bind g "+back_pedal; +attack"

This would require you to postion yourself with your back to the target, then hit the G key and it will simulate the back+attack. But you need to position yourself for it to work.

A harder way to do it would be to find the x axis command, and adjust it so that you can just hit the key and it will turn you 180 degrees and then simulate back+attack. This is much harder becuase many things factor in your turning. Such as turn speed, mouse speed, lag etc etc.

IE if the x axis command was xaxis (it isn't, just an example)

the bind would look like;

bind g "xaxis=180; +back_pedal; +attack"

That last bind was just for examples, and will NOT work as is. This is just so you get the idea of how binding works. You will need to experiment with the command, once you find it. You can usually find all the important commands in your cfg where all your normal binds are created. You can open that file with notepad. Save the script with a .cfg extension and in game hit shift+~ to get the console, then type \exec (name of config).cfg

It will exec it and there ya go. There are easier ways to start up the script but as you get better with the idea of scripting you will learn them.

Personally i don't like to script things becuase once you start a script you cannot stop it till it's done. This doesn't leave you with the ability to "go with the flow" if something should not be set right in the fight or whatever. On the other hand, you can learn to work with the script such as the person you spoke of and start to rely on it more. I personally would rather rely on my skill then a script.

I started scripting mainly for CS, which if you haven't played it, required a team to move quickly into positions at the start of the round. So buy scripts where needed to speed up the process. I haven't used any scripts for JK2 yet, mainly becuase it's more of a "feeling the force" type game. You have to beable to adjust quickly and react quicker. Just my ten cents, my 2 cents is free.

PS. Forgot the mention bout the + and the - on binds. In scripting every key has a double meaning. The + in front means the key is pressed down. The - in front means the key is released. Too much info now, will stop writing

:greedo:

Any "working" backstab bind is done with a script that changes yawspeed temporarily and moves you around so it appears that you did an instant turn. I had one that worked about 70% of the time (before you pounce, I have tried to script about everything possible in the game out of curiosity) and since the movements required to get in the position were so exact, I decided that anyone binding a backstab script would be rather easy to defeat, and so far that's proven true.

However, some people have their mouse sensitivity extremely high, so they can turn so fast that it looks like a script. You can also easily make a bind that toggles on and off different yawspeeds to accomplish much the same purpose. After a great deal of experimentation, I've come to believe that yellow/red backstab does not benefit too much from an increased yawspeed, but a blue backstab can produce an unescapable kill if done with a fast turning speed.

In conclusion, binding a backstab script is generally worthless but turning up mouse sensitivity as high as you can stand can give a slight advantage.

Hope that helped. :)

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

here is a plan

don't script

learn how to do the moves

its better anyways, you can pull out at the last second, and people will hate you for scripting

Wow, someone that takes a game for what it is and learns the way to play without being lame. You sound like my type of guy =) If you have to use scripts to play the game (with the exception of message scripts, saber changing scripts and skin changing scripts) your pretty dang lame.

I'm just going to use the scripts on the other jerk players out there just to show them how it feels to be owned. I've been seeing lots of CTF players using scripts. Its such an abused tool that its pissing off so many other players, they think its a cheat! I'm coming for you buttholes!

Originally posted by TangledThorns

I'm just going to use the scripts on the other jerk players out there just to show them how it feels to be owned. I've been seeing lots of CTF players using scripts. Its such an abused tool that its pissing off so many other players, they think its a cheat! I'm coming for you buttholes!

ya, i just kick them

server admin powers rule:D

Heh, everyone has an opinion. I for one don't have a problem with scripts, as i don't use em for this particular game. There's no need to use em for this game, but for others it can help (IE CS, SOF2).

Scripts are mainly there for those who don't have time to practice but still want to be able to handle themselves. There's nothing a script can do that you can't do yourself with time and practice. A well skilled person will ALWAYS beat a script user in the long run in this game.

Besides, if the makers didn't want people to use scripts they would have made it so you can't use em. On a side note i have scripted to "Spin move" that so many have been talking bout. It is a very powerful move, and very hard to do without a script, but still doable. I was able to rack up 40 kills in about 7 min while testing this thing.

Regarless of the fact, or opinions... knowledge should be free. Let the person on the other side choose what to do. Either he uses them or he doesn't, i'm secure enough in my skill that it wouldn't bother me either way.

I was thinking of making a script pack for this game and SOF2, but this community is so ANTI-script that i doubt it would come off as useful more so than paint a target on me for flames. Perhaps when the game's value has died down some....

:greedo:

Archived