Home

Any girl will play ?

BloodRayne

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*feels slightly stupid*

Oh yeah... I remembered the off-topic part of the thread, as opposed to the original topic...

*feels really stupid*

I gotta stop drinking...

Go on as you see fit, I just don't want a recurrence of the great flame war of '01!

Haha, it's ok man. I know the feeling, when topics turns so off that the on topic posts seems odd and misplaced.

What I meant with my post was that there is often a reason why persons don't do things. One of the reasons why many girls don't enter the more hardcore gaming scene (a.k.a 'anything but the SIMs') is the attitude they meet. Sure, the athmosphere here has been very benevolent, but that thread reared the ugly sexist gamer head that lies dormant in some people. I hope you see why I adress the topic: I want this forum to stay the tolerant forum I've experienced the last month and a half.

Oh, and I should not have flamed back. I just got a bit angry. Sorry :(. But then, some girls wanders by mistake.

*puts back the tattered remains of the trashed bookcase*

• 2 weeks later...

Err this has really gotten off topic. But in relation to the post, yeah Ive noticed that alot of female gamers are either

A. hit on, usually very sexicestly (sp?)

B. Insulted or treated as an iffereor... bah Ty'po haunts me anyway

yeah Ive noticed that this forum is decent and I also hope it stays that way, usually roleplayers are less descrimnatning.

Bloodrayne, Setsuko, don't let the neanderthals scare you off. One of the things I am looking forward to in this game is good, even interaction between both genders. You are going to find those in the game who want to "play a role" and be crude and obnoxious(like if you go into a cantina), but these forums seem to have their fair share of gentlemen. :D

We didn’t queue you yet...ok and queue the so-called "Enlightened" high-horsed ass kisser. Here’s your quote "I'll save you from these Neanderthals maladies, these roughens are nothing like me. I’m the only one in the world that could careless if you’re male or female. I will welcome you as a player" Sorry dude but. No one really gives a crap. Its funny that you tried to separated your self from the rest of us. But the fact is. We don’t care Male female... still just another person playing a game... but continue to fight the "good fight” I mean you got to have something to do when your not raging right?

we didnt que you yet.....ok and que the so called "Enlighed"

Ok, that would have been so much funnier if it made sense... I'm not an english teacher but still... Enlighed? que? (the Spanish word for 'what?')

Dude, grammar! (oh the hypocracy)

*gets on soap box*

to get back on topic gaming is still one of the most unequal areas of modern life (in the Western world at least) and will stay that way until more games come out that appeal to the female population at large and the computer world loses it's anti-social stigma...

*gets off soap box*

Lets hope SWG is only concerned with the gender of the character!

Originally posted by gonk-raider

we didnt que you yet.....ok and que the so called "Enlighed" highhorsed ass kisser.. heres your quote "I'll save you from these neanderthals ma'ladies, these ruffens are nothing like me..I'm the only one in the world that could careless if your male or female.. I will welcome you as a player" Sorry dude but.. No one really gives a crap. Its funny that you tryed to seperated your self from the rest of us..but thefact is..we dont care Male female... still just another person playing a game... but continue to fight the "good fight" i mean you gotta have something to do when your not rpg'ing right?

Um. . .Excuse me, Gonk. It took me a second to realize you were actually speaking English.

Well, Gonk-Raider, you missed my whole point. I'm sorry I'm not as "enlighed" as yourself. I've certainly "tryed"(love that one)to be like you gonk, I'm just not there yet. "Thefact" is, I'm still just learning. As evidently you need to. :D

Oh, and by being such a crude, borderline illiterate fool, you have more than enforced my point. So, you are useful for something, after all.;)

We didn’t queue you yet...ok and queue the so-called "Enlightened" high-horsed ass kisser. Here’s your quote "I'll save you from these Neanderthals maladies, these roughens are nothing like me. I’m the only one in the world that could careless if you’re male or female. I will welcome you as a player" Sorry dude but. No one really gives a crap. Its funny that you tried to separated your self from the rest of us. But the fact is. We don’t care Male female... still just another person playing a game... but continue to fight the "good fight” I mean you got to have something to do when your not "insert insulting waste of time here " right?

How have I enforced your point? Sir to completely change the subject and claim victory over a completely different topic is absurd and infects this forum with a pathetic cop out

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

You found the dictionary. Good for you. If you cannot figure out how you enforced the point of my original post, then I will not waste my time explaining it to you, guy.

So, you think whatever ignorant thoughts you wish, because you have that right. I have better things to occupy my time, then to engage in a battle of the minds with someone who is unarmed.

This ends this discussion. Understand? Good. :)

Look, Gonk-Raider, I don't know what Norin Radd did to piss you off, but I'm sure it was not his intention. He doesn't go around trying to insult or be condescending to anyone. Anyone who is familiar with him in these forums will agree. I think you just took what he said the wrong way(though how you found it offensive, I can't imagine). So calm down. There are arguments breaking out all over this forum over stupid, childish things. Just drop it. People come here to exchange ideas about Star Wars Galaxies, not to experience idiotic arguments.

Norin, stop upsetting people! LOL!:D

Originally posted by gonk-raider

Unarmed huh??? thats really funny because im pretty sure you use those lined offten...Must you repeat your self on every forum?? *rollseyes* I dont like the person who thought you those lines :)

Gonk-Raider. If you want to engage in a debate, you really need to learn how to express yourself better. Seriously, dude.

(SIGH)Like the true Exar Kun, I seem to be drawn to conflict. :D

*Looks around for soapbox*

Can't find it. Oh well.

:D

Archived