Home

Script for twirling your saber [NOT about the saber shield]

MediocreSlacker

Hey, I've got a question for all you scripters out there. I wish Artifex were here to help out and tell me how stupid I am. hehe!

Anyways, I am trying to make a script for twirling your saber in your hand, as if you were drawing it out, but it is ignited the whole time. You can do this only on servers with weapons enabled. What you do is have your saber out, then you switch to a gun and then quickly switch back to the saber. The result, if you time it right, is an extremely cool looking saber twirl.

This is easy when you only have your bryar pistol, because then you just move the mouse wheel up two clicks. However, when you have more guns on you, it gets difficult, and you have to press 1 for the lightsaber as you are scrolling through the weapons. A script for this would be great. Any thoughts at all on this?

slacker

yaY! I made my script. It's very simple. Just type into the console:

bind x "weapnext; wait 2; weapprev"

Now get your saber out, and press whatever key you bound this to. w00t! How cool it that? This only works on servers with weapons enabled. You may need to mess with the 'wait' variable, but 2 worked fine for me.

slacker

how's it look to your opponants? Sometimes they won't see the exact same thing as you see, lag, delay, etc etc

You should show someone and ask em what they see. I've done this with weapon enabled servers too, thought it was cool look but didn't bother in trying it when i saw enemies around.

:greedo:

Archived