Home

What's wrong wif 1.03?

Ken Kasanagi

After all these threads on problems with 1.03, the whole spamming and backstabling and abosrbing problems, i just have to ask what some ppl are thinking: what's wrong with all these moves?? would you avoid a certain tactic/weapon in other games for the sake of an "enjoyable gaming community" even though that tactic/weapon is the best damn thing in the game? coz not, I think there's absolutly nothing wrong with 1.03, these cheap moves ppl complaint about are becoming less dangerous as others learn how to counter it, when assfighters and trip/backstabber realize their moves are no longer as effective coz ppl know how to counter it, they'll be forced to learn how to play its not about the patch, its about the players, man. ppl in counter strike dont stop camping wif AWP when its call cheap, but others LEARN to take cover and use flash to take these campers out. and thats how JO should b, we gotta LEARN how to counter instead of whining for Raven to make changes. and besides, u have a choice btw getting pull and back stab once or getting it done 3 times before it kills you, wat would u preferr?

eg, I usually play in a net cafe's LAN game and only a few ppl know how to backstab here and there, but eventually everyone starts to learn from us, and learn how to stand still or use abosrb or wat eva and all these other tactics are envolve based on backstabbin, then we throw in the abosrb power (every1 in da cafe thought Light side sux till we showed them mindtrick and abosb :) ) and then ppl begin to learn how to fight without using force powers while avoiding being push/pulled etc, so instead of wanting to make a game thats suits ur taste, why not play a game that evlove on what eva the developers throwin at us? like da good o'days, who would complaint tetris being too fast or cheap? :p

The point that you guys don't seem to get is that these moves(backstab and stuff) are not blockable, and are the ONLY way of winning a duel game w/o forces.

OK, so maybe some of you learned these moved pretty well and are quite pleased that you win on the net, but afterall, I and several others are playing the game for fun and not just wining, and there's no fun in making the same moves over and over again.

I just never have a problem with it. Backstab is not the only way to win a duel. Ive rarely won a duel with backstab..i usually dart in and out dealing a little damage at a time, wearing them down.

If someone's running with their back to you, kick them. Or if you have time, DFA them. The only time ive had probs with backstabbers is usually in the middle of a crowd on a FFA SO server. Hard to watch out for them in the confusion of 5+ people hacking away at each other.

in a challenge duel backstab is totally useless, nobody ever does sumthing as dumb as walking backwards and hoping to blindly slash ONE person wif a slow move like this, u'll neva have time to run up and back stab after winning a saberlock and only connect after a kick if ur oppoent dont have force to flip up or roll out....

and this is far from being the only move that wins duel games w/o force, dat's wat kick and light stance are there for, u make 1 slow move and u get hit... :)

just coz' i dont think theres anything wrong with backstab dont mean I just wanna win and not have fun; I played in FFA severs where I duel for 20 mins wif one guy and let everybody gets the high scores, I just dont c any problem with those moves, if Raven listen and fixed those problems, then there's gonna be some other move that ppl will bytch about, in the history of PC games there was neva a "perfectly" made and well balance game

there's no such thing perfection in a logical universe, since perfection is judge by a human and human are neva logical.....

Originally posted by Ken Kasanagi

in a challenge duel backstab is totally useless, nobody ever does sumthing as dumb as walking backwards and hoping to blindly slash ONE person wif a slow move like this, u'll neva have time to run up and back stab after winning a saberlock and only connect after a kick if ur oppoent dont have force to flip up or roll out....

and this is far from being the only move that wins duel games w/o force, dat's wat kick and light stance are there for, u make 1 slow move and u get hit... :)

just coz' i dont think theres anything wrong with backstab dont mean I just wanna win and not have fun; I played in FFA severs where I duel for 20 mins wif one guy and let everybody gets the high scores, I just dont c any problem with those moves, if Raven listen and fixed those problems, then there's gonna be some other move that ppl will bytch about, in the history of PC games there was neva a "perfectly" made and well balance game

there's no such thing perfection in a logical universe, since perfection is judge by a human and human are neva logical.....

First of all, I think backstab and the fact that now the normal hits aare all blocked damaged the duel and challage modes, not the FFA or any other modes that are not entirely based on saber skill.

As for JK2 10.3, it is far from ballanced, as I can prove to you if you decide to join in the server I will create this weekend. You'll probably beat me, ok, I have no idea how to backstab and stuff, but I have a friend that plays all day on the net and he rarely knows defeat. All he does is backstab, lounge forward and that's pretty much it, but he does it good.

I said before, I am not against backstab and all that, but I hate the fact that now all other moves are so easily blocked except backstab and lounge forward. At least you agree with me here ?

alrite cant argue wif that, but doesn't mean we cant master our skill enough to beat em

and I dont c any problem with blocking being increase. the idea of sabering in 1.03( for all normal moves) is to look for an opening when ur enemy attacks you, as much as everybody talk about it in theory, there's absolutly no way for ne 1 to just stand still in a fight, sum where along the line you'll have to move or attack and by doing so Ur open for sumthing, sure it makes the battles longer, but there's not harm in dat is there? and if ur such a turtle and decide that u'll just crouch and stand still in hevay stance, then thats where the forward lunge or DFA comes in

Sorry to burst your bubble, but seems like you never played a duel against any decent backstaber. How the heck do you master your skill enough to beat him down when all he does is backstab and lounge ? Where's the opening in the defence ? Because whenever he opens his guard, you get hit if you're near, so when will you hit ? I thought as you do before I encountered some decent stabers, and they quickly changed my mind.

"POP" damn my bubbles busted... :p

Alex, ur properly rite, i probally havent met a player who can turn around 180 then backstab in the middle of a duel wif out getting hit sumwhere

as twins of doom said in sum other forum, suprise is all u need, and so far (for me neways) the whole idea to beat them is neva stop moving, rolling n jumping alot helps against a back staber,

saber throw's good if they r assfightin', and kick is a badass move against BS, it hits, and jumps outta range of the BS, say if u n ur opponent run into each other, kick is always faster than a backstab

n plz dont take my word to seriously, I'm not the god so my words aint aboslutes, there r a whole list of players I haven't met... I neva met ne skillful players who uses heavy stance n I neva met any1 who put there mouse sensivty on max so they can do 1080 backsweeps.....

and yea lunge was one of the only move I have trouble against, not against ppl who use it by it self, but when they chain into a combo, its hard to avoid dat one

Mallaki, yea I saw dat thing a couple of times as well, da same goes for lunge, its like if u do the lunge too close, the move pushed the oppopenet to the side but still hits them.....

yea and by the way, here's a cool move, do back stab the quickly jump straight up, u'll spin while u jump pretty neat :p

just 3 things I wanted to say :)

". I neva met ne skillful players who uses heavy stance n I neva met any1 who put there mouse sensivty on max so they can do 1080 backsweeps..... "

1. Welcome to the wonderful world of scripts :) Where at a press of a key, you'll turn 180 and press back + attack.... All in a single button press.

2. Side vision rules. Keep the guy in the corner of you eye (screen), when he closes, turn about 90-120 degrees and stab. Doesn't require high mouse sensitivity, I do it regularly. The better backstabbers outthere can turn on a dime.

3. My only problem with 1.03 is that sabers are no longer balanced for ffa/ctf/cty play. Lightsaber fights take too long to resolve without abusing special moves. Last patch, I could run through a few guys fairly quickly with strong or medium stance. If I try that now without using backstab, I'll be lucky if I get through 1 guy before smart guy comes along packing a gun or willing to use a special move (usually backstab) to kill us both.

I hardly mind backstabs and special moves damage, I just wish the REGULAR moves did compariable damage or had some hope of hitting... so tired of seeing moves get deflected from BEHIND no less. Argh -_-

Blank

Originally posted by Ken Kasanagi

"POP" damn my bubbles busted... :p

Alex, ur properly rite, i probally havent met a player who can turn around 180 then backstab in the middle of a duel wif out getting hit sumwhere

as twins of doom said in sum other forum, suprise is all u need, and so far (for me neways) the whole idea to beat them is neva stop moving, rolling n jumping alot helps against a back staber,

saber throw's good if they r assfightin', and kick is a badass move against BS, it hits, and jumps outta range of the BS, say if u n ur opponent run into each other, kick is always faster than a backstab

n plz dont take my word to seriously, I'm not the god so my words aint aboslutes, there r a whole list of players I haven't met... I neva met ne skillful players who uses heavy stance n I neva met any1 who put there mouse sensivty on max so they can do 1080 backsweeps.....

and yea lunge was one of the only move I have trouble against, not against ppl who use it by it self, but when they chain into a combo, its hard to avoid dat one

Mallaki, yea I saw dat thing a couple of times as well, da same goes for lunge, its like if u do the lunge too close, the move pushed the oppopenet to the side but still hits them.....

yea and by the way, here's a cool move, do back stab the quickly jump straight up, u'll spin while u jump pretty neat :p

The catch word in all I said is DUEL, where you can't kick since you have no force and you can't saber thrwo for the same reason. What then ?

ummmm.....wat? Duel? wif no force? wat game are u playing, starwars SNES? hehe joke, there's jump and saber throw in duel, thats the one of thing dat ppl complain abaot for 1.03, ppl think it becomes a long range match of catch and throw, but i think thats cool, it creates sum kind of balance

i rarely have problems with backstab

why?

because i know how to counter it

people who complain about absorb are just dumb (no offense but its true) you will never die by somebody using absorb, if you can't win without the force then you need to practice some more

and heal is actually good

people complain that it uses half the force pool, but guess what, people still use it, and thats because it is still a decent move, at least with heal you don't have to be anywhere near your enemy like with drain, and you get the health automatically

Ken, you DO NOT know what you're talking about. Have you ever hosted a server ? I think not, because then you would have known that in a standard duel game with no fiorces, there ARE NO FORCES, not jump, not saber throw. You can enable those if you like, but by default they are OFF.

Hes right, cus the only mode i play in now is NF (no Force) duel servers.

Most balenced atm.

Ill fight u ken, i only use heavy stance with absolutley no backstabs and i mean never do i backstab.

I play on the vVv server, ave a look in the browser.

:eyeraise:

Archived