Home

Maw - wip

Madjai

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Looks AWESOME!

2. To solve the no legs issue, that's EASY! Simply turn on the caps for the waist, retexture them with his repulsor thingy that he has, and for the thighs, lower hips, legs, feet, etc, simply texture them with like an 32x32 (whatever the smallest can be) purely transparent texture... That should work fine. That's basically how they managed to get it to work in JK1 (for the MP model that someone made).

Originally posted by §ith Lord

God why couldn't raven have made the animations on a simple program instead of softimage.

Because the animations wouldn't be so ass kickingly smooth, they wouldn't be able to make those hundreds of transition animations with as much ease (relativly speaking), etc.

the images are .txt files because geocities does not allow .jpg's to be linked, if it was a .jpg you would have to copy and paste the link into your address bar, i found this annoying, so i can fool geocities and rename my .jpg to .txt and link it, so you can simply click on the link. There shouldnt be any reason why you cant view the image by just clicking it, even if i renamed it to .txt.

as for updates, im still working on uvw mapping, im new to player models so it may take some time, but im not giving up no matter what.

well ive made him into a .md3 with textures so you can skin him from there and see him in md3view, so should i send out his skin now so by the time i get him ingame he'll be skinned or should i wait till hes ingame?

as for updates, ive started weighting the mesh, its really helping me to understand how the models work ingame while im doing this, ive gotten one hand done (dear god that took a while), the head and im now working on an arm.

Archived