Home

Maw - wip

Madjai

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see somebody used morgan kartarns upper body ;) . Well i suggest you beef it up some more, and mention it to be fair to raven, hehe (Oh and btw, im just saying im not doing this to offend you, your pretty good if you can take kyles face and make such a good maw, heh i say this cause last person i said "mention you edited the body" got somewhat offended :) ) Keep it up man.

ha thats perfect Inbred

the body is actually kyles, just like the face.

the only problem im having right now is getting his body to fit over the skeleton and not look... wierd.

because he is bulky and bigger than kyle his arms will be stuby because of the skeleton restriction, so i have to make him a little more human sized.

Update Pic:

http://www.geocities.com/madpostal2002/maw003.txt

Mmmmm, jk1 character, mmmmmm.

We need more jk1 models. Glad someone's making maw. I always thought he was slightly weird, but he's also sorta cool. But, Jerec is the ultimate guy, any models for him yet?

:no bantha smily either jk2.net: *bantha call*

I uploaded about 8 new wav files that can be accessed from here:

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/maw.htm

I put all the low quality files that have loud background noises or are cut off on the top. I doubt you'll need them since there are plenty of others, but they're there just in case. Since I couldn't find many good death sounds (I think you need one for falling and one for a normal death), I included a couple quotes, and I think "Coward!" might work well for the normal death sound, and the scream on top should suffice for falling death, I'll just edit it a little and repost it.

After realizing maw's death scream is pretty much useless, I searched through the Jedi Outcast fall sounds and came up with one(I think its desann) that sounds quite similar to maw.

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/maw.htm

It's on the bottom of the list.

BTW..I'd like to have a shot at skinning a light side maw for the blue team color, if you're interested. I'd say I'm pretty good at drawing in photoshop (I can send you some samples), I just haven't skinned before. LMK if you're interested.

In coming up with sounds for Maw & keeping him from being too chatty, consider using some new sounds that make sense for Maw but arn't from the game. In example:

* The sound of Maw asjusting his anti-gravity displacers. A beeb followed by a whirl of some kind perhaps? Some suiting sound lifted from another film--I'm instantly thinking of the Dune movies and so forth or some sound from one of the SW movies or another game that would work.

* The sound of Maw's life support system finishing a cycle, cutting on or off, processing food, etc. Regardless of Maw's species and the strength of the dark side in him, I'm guessing by the tubes on him that his cybernetic augmentations help keep him alive. Thus, a cool sound of this would be neat--the sound of his artificial digestion gurgeling or any of his various artifical organs kicking in. Again, lots of possible stuff here and plenty of sounds out there in SW and non-SW movies ot be sampled.

* I know it's a longshot, but the actor who plays Maw has had other parts before. There is the small chance that he's had other MAW-ish lines in his Maw voices before--especially for the other video game he's credited as voicing. This is another possible source.

Good luck!

- DT

That actually wouldn't be too bad of an idea, although I don't know if there are enough "sound slots" open to include extra things like that. A couple things that would be cool that there would definitely be spots for...

-Rather than having footsteps, have the low-pitched hum of his repulsor-sled, and possibly have it change tone when he changes direction to strafe left or right or move backward

-Instead of having him grunt when jumping (which wouldn't make sense since he doesn't have legs), have his sled hum increase in pitch or make a powerup noise

Also remember that Maw was a very cruel and obnoxious character, and did a good job of pissing kyle off even to the point of getting himself killed, so his angry taunting shouldn't be forgotten. But I do agree that it would greatly enhance the model if random electronic or gurgling noises could be subtly inserted. It could make an already unique model even better.

Archived