Home

Maw - wip

Madjai

inbred, looking good. but whatever you do dont model the body or sash just yet, there might be a slight problem that will force me to combine the body and sash image files.

for the upside down saber its just a matter of rotating the tag that sets the position of where the saber AND weapons are, so not only would he have the saber upside down but the weapons too.

and it would be impossible to allow Maw to fly in MP. SP on the other hand might be possible, but im no coder.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem. I'll start to work on the arms and repulsor sled, if there are no problems with that.

btw, anyone know how to do moving textures? I would love to have liquid flowing through those 2 colored tubes. I know it was pulled off on the Energy Trooper(an awsome skin), so it is possible.

I know you can use shaders for the liquid effect, but that's a skill I've not yet learned, and I don't know if it'll really look like liquid exactly. I do remember that the Energy Trooper's hands are done with shaders, but I've never had the chance to try out that skin.

And I'm going to start a thread about flying, see if anyone knowledgeable enough picks up the bait.

Wow... This model looks like it could be one awesome experience.

Inbred, if you do get the pipes to look like fluid is going through them, I will be forced to kiss you.

Madjai, keep up the fantastic work! This is going to be one hell of a model! Just think, Maw kickin' some Darth Vader butt! I say, hell yeah!

lol now thats odd.....

tell me that something is wrong on my end and u all see the extensions for those files as jpg's?

hehe they show up on my comp as txt files andi have to download em and change extension to view em.... o u guys have that too?

this is jsut odd...

They have txt extensions because geocities will not allow outside links to images in their free accounts, so that's the only way they can be viewed without dragging the url to the address bar. Most people don't seem to have any trouble with their browsers recognizing them as images, but I suppose most people also use Internet Explorer and Windows.

This thread shall not end up somwhere on a second forumpage :D

I'm looking forward to the release of the model. It looks very well so far :)

I think sithlord-ii had similar problems like the ones you have now (saber backwards etc.) when he built his vader model, so it would be best to contact him via e-mail.

dont worry, all problems ive encountered so far have been fixed.

i think ive got the weighting done, just a few more tweeks, there is a slight issue though, because his arms are so big he clips through himself a little when swinging his saber.

weighting his body was a pain, took me like 4 tries to understand how to evenly distribute different parts of his body to each bone.

id say the hands were the easiest, though the longest, because of there being so many bones to work with.

cant wait to see a good skin on him, though i dont wanna rush inbredyokel.

Thought I'd give everyone a little update. I just finished all the flesh yesterday, which took a horribly long time because of all the pain-in-the-ass texture alignment involved. This will definitely be the first and last shirtless skin I'll ever do. I also completed the repulsor sled today, which has a good beat up, dented, charred, melted, and scratched look to it. Lets just say it's been through a few saber fights. I should be finished with the default maw tomorrow night or tuesday, and after that I'll do the red and blue dark/light skins(I've got something cool in mind for both of them). If all goes well the skinning should be complete sometime this week. I'll post some shots when I'm finished with the default skin. It will probably be darkened to the reddish brown color after all, simply because it looks sooooo much better.

And btw, has anyone looked into making moving textures by any chance? If not, I'll just email the creator of the energy trooper and ask him. There WILL be liquid flowing through the tubes whether I figure it out for the initial release or an updated version later.

*grins at Oobedoob*

Hey Madjai, I've got a special request for you, and you may want to kill me when you hear it. Would you consider making a second version of the model? What I'm hoping for is to be able to deselect the hoversled as a surface and select his legs. For one, he can be played pre-JK style in MP, and for another he can be used for the opening sequence of the TC, which is where he loses his legs.

If you don't want to do this, I understand; I am being a pain in the ass, I know. Anyway, if you don't, I [read: someone who actually knows how to make JO cutscenes] should hopefully be able to play around with camera angles to hide Maw's lower half during that scene. Although, it would be excessively cool for Rahn to actually hack off his legs during the cutscene, a la Luke Skywalker and the Stormtrooper during a JO cutscene.

~ Michael

"It's a big hat, it's funny!"

Archived