Home

Maw - wip

Madjai

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After working on team skins for a while, I went back to default Maw and finished him up. I played with about 20 different textures before I finally came across one that enhanced his skin while not making the seams stand out too much. In the md3view shots it looks a little spotty(almost like he has chicken pox), but let me assure you that the overall effect on the ingame appearance is positive. I also changed the shoulder blade area of the back to look better ingame when he's actually holding a saber, so it looks a little flat in the pictures. Some wounds and a little dirt were also tossed in to badassify him a bit more.

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/mawscreen2.txt

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/mawscreen3.txt

And here's an ingame shot with every video setting maxed out:

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/mawscreen.txt

Unfortunately, for now the tubes will remain unanimated. After looking into it I became aware that it was an extremely complicated process, and I don't really feel like dealing with it right now.

So, unless anyone has any pressing concerns I'll be moving on to finish up the team skins. Rather than just do a cheap recolor job, I'm almost completely redoing the skins, with only parts of the face and lift being reused. Hopefully everyone will like what I've come up with :D

lookin good!

im taking a three week vacation in a week from sunday so im going to try and finish him before i leave, if inbredyokel doesnt finish the skins by then ill send him everything ive got and he can release it for me.

almost done, yippie!

Wonderful skins!

I must say I am impressed. The bumps on the skin add so much more to it. I think I am looking at the real Maw! The blood, superb!

Unfortunately, I am a nit-picker. I think the cloth looks excellent, my only gripe is that it should have more little folds. Kinda like crease marks and smaller folds. It would add a more realistic view on the cloth.

Also, can I make a suggestion on the team colours? Well, I will anyways. Maybe the team colours should be shown by tatooes in the colour. Blue tatooes for the blue team, etc. I think that would be wonderful. As well as making the tubes a metallic colour of the team.

I think, if visable, you should really try to make the liquid in the tubes. I am sorry, but that would place this model/skin into a new level. You would be tredding into a whole new dimension.

These are just suggestions. If I had skills, I am sure I would give it a shot. But I am not that well adapted, unfortunately. Of course, you can just disregaurd all that I suggested. I don't want to force you into making this model the best it can be (Sorry for sounding mean. I just want this model to be perfect!).

Anyways, looks fantastic! I do suggest working on the cloth. That will add more realism, for sure!

I am sorry for double posting. Just looking at this model, makes me want to cry. Honestly. Maw is my favourite "meanie" in the whole world. I must give my 100% approval on this model! If I could, I would meet you guys in person and shake your hands and buy you lunch. Job very well done!

Ani, you sicken me.

Anyway, that skin has got to be the most incredibly goodly wonderfully greatly good thing I've ever seen in my life.

Your skin is the most incredible thing I've seen.

I love it, I could kiss you...

Or not...

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.

Good to know Madjai and I have free food waiting if either of us should ever visit Vancouver. Thanks for the comments on the skin, I'm just grateful I have such a perdy model to work with. I'm about 80% done with my blue jedi skin, so here's a shot. I think I'll be calling him Skoth(please tell me if that's the name of any other prominent sw character/species).

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/Skoth.txt

Just think of him as maw's jedi brother who coincidentally also lost his legs and has been somehow retrofitted with an almost identical repulsor sled :)

it should be done by the end of the week, or weekend. the pk3 will not change any sounds like footsteps or landing sounds because of issues resulting in suckage. the models LOD's are standing at 2479/1959/1160. thats about all for now.

oh and i finally fixed the saber/gun holding position, i have NO idea why i had to screw around with it, the one provided by Major Clod should have worked...

Hey guys, I'll also toss together an NPC spawning pack for him. I'm working on how to do that as we speak. The sad thing is he'll have to be spawned as RebornMaw, but that won't affect the name of the model elsewhere. Once you guys come up with what levels of Force Powers he has, I should be able to do the Icarus script for spawning.

Originally posted by inbredyokel

Unfortunately, for now the tubes will remain unanimated. After looking into it I became aware that it was an extremely complicated process, and I don't really feel like dealing with it right now.

well, inbred, if the mood so compels you, why don't you check out the tutorial here on shaders. i realize it IS your skin and all, but what's maw without the fluids (or something like that)?

btw, the blue skin is looking great. whodathunk that brothers would manage to both get their legs cut off? do you think they got a good deal (you know, 2 for 1) on the repulsor lift sled thingies? :D

Hey Madjai and inbredyokel I would be interested in creating a new custom npc using your model. I can create the file without the model so I will creat the basic npc file for him then if you approve then you can send me the model to make sure everything works correctly

Yes, I understand that. I'm just saying that if Maw is going to be used in the jk1 tc, he will have to be created as a separate npc at some point of time anyway. Hopefully at such a time they'll be able to incorporate flying and his random spinning, so he can piss us all off just like in the original :D

Archived