Home

kick + dfa

BigMexican

Is the kick + dfa combo lame?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is the kick + dfa combo lame?

• No different to pull/stabbing
    • It takes precision and timing, it\'s OK

something relatively new to sink your teeth into. i've recently been playing on "1.03a" servers, which takes backstab out of the equation. partly because of this, and partly in anticipation for the server-wide nerfing of backstab that i hope is soon to come, i've been trying a new move. basically you kick the person as per usual, then start a heavy swing as soon as you push off their body into the backflip. continue doing a dfa with timing as normal. if you get the timing right, you should bounce straight off the ground as you land, launching yourself forward in a dfa. i've been trying this move a lot, and have gotten pretty handy with it recently.

when the kick scores a knockdown, then it's basically insta-death. i've missed once in perhaps 20-30 knockdowns that i've scored. this ratio is much the same as backstab as performed by someone who's pretty competent. if there is no knockdown, then it's rather easy for the player to avoid, however they often don't see it coming, or do so too late, and get caught by it anyway. people have been calling me a lamer for using it (and, in trying to get it down pat, i have been using it a bit excessively :( which isnt nice).

but basically, what do you people think of it? is it as lame as the backslash? it requires a lot more skill and timing to execute, but when you get the kick knockdown, even a fast get up will leave half of you on either side of my saber. all you need for it is level 2 force jump and level 3 saber offense, so it's available in nearly every server. should i keep using it, or should i find a productive way to spend my time :)

actually once you learn it, its pretty easy to pull off. I personally would not use it on skilled players, the risk is just to great. if you miss it will mean certain death for you. the player can pull you before kicking you or he can push you down before you get close enough to kick and then backstab you. not to mention if you miss he can backstab once he gets up. if your late on your dfa timeing then when they getup they can kick you while doing your dfa in the air and then when you land on your back they can come and backstab you. there are way more chances for the move to be countered and on players well versed in pull and push, the risk would just be too great.

but if you push a player up in the air when he jumps over you and then dfa or backstab him where he will land. there is little chance for a counter : )

I am saying the move is fair game, but be careful when you do it. your putting a lot at risk.

Archived