Home

Does anyone know where can I...

Darth Yittreas

Why must we pretend such things.

About 99 out of a 100 computer users use peer to peer file sharing programs to download music at some point in their life. even if only one song. It's just become a common thing to do. Like taping a show or movie on tv so you can watch it again or because your gonna be out doing something. Technically that's illegal too. The only thing is if you like it. you should buy it.

If all you ever do Is download MP3's of your favorite bands and never buy their CD's it will be harder for them to make more.

But there's no point in denying the fact that people download music off of KAzaa for non backup purposes. do ehy even suggest it.

Technically taping a TV program is NOT illegal, since it is for PRIVATE use, ie taping to watch at home later.

The term "PRIVATE" and "PUBLIC" are the words that are at the core of this copyright wrangle.

Anything, when purchased, is allowed to be copied, etc as many times as you like for PRIVATE use. I.e. a CD copied so there is one at home and one in Car stereo. You never really break copyright law since you only ever listen to one copy at a time. Same goes for Software - especially for Business, you can have copies of work software on your home PC, since you never use the licence at the same time......

Once you go to share a CD you copied, or on Kazaa, etc, then you are taking the copyrighted material out into the PUBLIC domain, where you need the written permission of the copyright holder. This is where Peer to Peer programs break the law, allowing users to place copyrighted material for others to copy......

Just tell that to those teenagers who don't understand the whole situation.............

Private use yes but it states you still must posess an original. Seeing this post has now gone to far and is going to be closed I might as well point this out.

If you tape say a movie of the movie channel so that you can watch it over and over without having to go out and buy it, If you tape a show for a friend who doesn't have the channels you have. Those are still considered Illegal. But it's become so big an issue that nobody cares anymore, not like they can stop it.

Anyways all I was trying to say was there was no use in trying to pretend that most people actually use Peer to Peer programs for Legal purposes.

I'm going to go ahead and close this, and here's why.

While I do understand that p2p programs are used by basically every person who owns a computer, downloading the Episode II soundtrack is indeed illegal. This is a very gray area of the forum rules, so I'm going to go ahead and close this at my own discretion. The user has his answers (Audiogalaxy and Kazaa), and I conveniently overlooked this thread last night until answers were given. If you have a serious complaint about me locking this, please private message me.

Archived