Home

HYDROBALL a great new mod - Thats Released!!!!!

Shaggy1984

A great new mod that needs exposure so that it can spread its brilliance :) heres the Massassi Description.

New gameplay mode: Hydroball. Compete against other players in an underwater game. Fists will be your only weapon while in the arena, and alt fire while holding a direction will allow you to tackle or side-burst. While in the arena, your health will always be full - when you take damage, use force power, do a special move (including tackles), or move while carrying the ball, your stamina will drain. While in posession of the ball you cannot use tackle moves, and primary fire will charge the ball to throw (the longer the charge, the further it goes, up to 4 seconds) instead of punching. Great music included for during the game and while waiting to begin. Also included are instructions for creating your own Hydroball maps.

Give it a go people its really great. Its just sooooooo much fun. Heres the weblink.

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/2206.shtml

This is a great mod and i hope i see more from Kirt, Great work.

I just made my own server and i tried it, even though it was with stupid bots, it was pretty good. I enjoyed ramming myself into them and scoring points. It's pretty much a JK2 version of blitzball from FF10. The music is awesome too, if anyone has watched the anime Trigun you'll immediately recognize it.

Now we just need servers to play this mod, it's really fun.

the mod doesn't have bot support, so the bots dont do anything but stand there, or fight outside when not in a game. but i do agree, we need more server admins to try this out. my server use to be strictly duel, but now its just hydroball (server address: jkii.no-ip.org).

im about half way finished with my hydroball map. should be ready soon. but this mod needs more maps, waterball is just the most basic map you can get. i was running ideas across in my mind, and it would be cool to have like maybe a soccer/football arena type of map. im working on a space type of map (to keep in line with star wars). i wonder if the maker of this mod has any plans to improve. i know he must realize he created a great mod, but from what ive seen so far, this mod's popularity is growing fast!

very cool but it needs some updating because the constent muckles gets very tedious after awhile

The main problem is that you can instantly tack from tremendous distance.at first I thought the tackle distance should be cut in half but I have thought of a much nicer solution. when you go to tackle you have to charge it up, much like a pass. This way you can do long tackles but it can't be used as a fast way to cross the map. The fact that carrying the ball drains stamina and you have to stop to wind up a pass will keep the breakaways down.

The key to making this play better would be to increase the ball carrying and passing elements and try to reduce the current tackle-fest

now as far as some complicated improvements, I think it would be cool if the force power menu was used to be able to select some special abilities, or even some stats. I htink having to assign stat points would specialize players a bit so that they have to work together, like one player might have a great shot, while someone else is really fast

Sure hydro ball is great and all, i love it. But personally i'd like to see a variety of areas and scenarios. Being stuck in a pool is sort of limiting. Personally i'd like to see it renamed to say something like jedi ball with having a variety of moves. Perhaps giving the keeper a light sabre for blocking the ball away. Maybe having the ability to kick the ball, maybe use force powers, (but very sparingly sort of like the railgun in Quake3 Gridiron) . Low/high takles giving the player the ability to evade the defence. And a variety of different sorts of game styles and with their own rules and boundaries.

-The ability to be knocked over, this is already in the game so it woulnt be to hard to implement.

-And i'd like to see if there is a goal keeper to use that sideways diving animation for the jumping sideways in attempt to stop the oncoming ball.

Seriously how cool would it be to be standing near a wall with two on coming defenders turn around, flip off the wall while the defenders dive at you and smash into the wall, you turn around mid flight pass the ball to a player near the goals who force jumps into the air grabs the ball and hurls it past the goal keeper.

These are just ideas that i'd really love to see in the future, perhaps not from hydro ball but perhaps something in a similar vein to it.

Originally posted by Padawan619

I cant get it to work i tried it just like the readme says but it doesnt work please help

i think the readme says to extract it in your base directory, what it means is that u should extract it in your main directory not the one where u keep all your skins.

This mod is good. It has a ton of potential. I agree that tackle distance should be cut in half as well. Special abilities would be awesome. You could make them like force powers, you could put points into 'goaltending' which would give you moves to help you with that, or 'shooting' where you would shoot faster, or maybe even different types of shots ala the curveball? What does everyone think?

Archived