Home

The All Nighter - Anti-Grav Dance Club/Bar

DaCliff

Originally posted by Thew Rydur

OOC: Yeah sure DaCliff:

MSN:thew182

AIM:thew382

I'm mostly on AIM though. I live in the US Eastern Time zone so right now its about 1 PM. I was also thinking that we might start a new thread with Gaalgoth and I hunting DuhEhead.

and me trying to make it up again :) (altho the zabrak might be less easily bought off than the bartender :))

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((OOC: My AIM is TheOnlyTrueMatt and Gaalgoth and yes, I was fast at putting on my armor. after all, I used to be abounty hunter too =) ))

Ashard considers the offer. 100,000 wasn't the biggest amount of money he had ever recieved for a job, but he could always lead or frame the man in the armor so as to raise that bounty. Also, the man had really only done about 30,000 credits worth of damage. He just wanted to skim some money off the top. As it was, after repairs to the All-nighter 70,000 would be going to him, so this could be a profitable endeavor.

Ashard

I'll have to consult with my employer.

Thew

Very well.

Ashard

He should be coming back soon, so just relax in here. Have whatever you want, it's on the house.

Ashard gets up and walks back to the bar.

Bartender

What was that all about?

Ashard

It doesn't matter. When is the boss getting back?

Bartender

The boss? I dunno. Come on Ashard, tell me. Please?

Ashard

No.

Bartender

Please? Come on man, I'll find out sooner or later

Ashard reaches across the bar and grabs the bartender's shoulder. He squeezes and the bartender winces in pain.

Ashard

Now listen Phale, I've warned you before about asking too many questions....

Ashard feels a piercing in the back of his mind. He turns his head slowly and looks behind him and sees the small girl staring intently at him.

Ashard

Get in the back.

Ashard pushes the bartender into the back of the bar slams him against the wall

Ashard

Now, I got you this job because you were in dire straits and we go back a ways. But when things of a personal nature are concerned, stay the hell out of my business. This doesn't concern you, not yet anyways. When it does, if it does, I'll let you know.

Ashard storms out of the back and leaves the bartender sitting on the floor against the wall. Walking out, he almost bumps into the girl. She is standing just the door to the back, and has obviously been eavesdropping.

Ashard

What the hell do you want!?

The girl continues to stare at him, and when he sees he just brushes past her and walks outside to wait for the boss. While he waited, he sized up the offer. The more he thought about it, the better it sounded. After all, If he wanted to he could always backstab Thew. He would have to wait and see. In the meantime, he had to come up with an explanation for the boss. He'd have to get in contact with Niris too. After all, Niris was his replacement and the All-Nighter couldn't be left without a bouncer.

((OOC: Ok, a new thread sounds like a good idea. Would be fun. Niris is going to be the back-up bouncer until I return.....Niris also might be my secondary character in galaxies. I'll take control of him so that I continue to have a role in this thread. Sorry if anyone thought they'd get the chance to be the bouncer =) ))

*the girl watches Ashard from a distance*

He still doesn't know what he's gotten himself into. Well, so long as he doesn't stay here...

*A tall humanoid being bursts in the bar. He stands about seven feet tall, and wears a suit of light body armor (except for his mostly bare arms). He has wavy, short black hair and green eyes. He looks almost human, except for the yellow-green color of his skin and the eerie 'vampire' look of his face. He is obviously armed to the teeth, and carries a large blaster in his gloved hand. His weapons all look unusual, but not unrecognizable for what they are. The man looks ultra-confident all around. He doesn't notice the girl, whose eyes widen at his entrance. She disappears into the nearest side room.

The man yells to the bar:

I am looking for a Zabrak named Varan Ashard!

((OOS: Sorry, but I just had to give you more problems :D))

OOC: do u mean for the Zabrak to be blind or is it by mistake? cause the fight wasn't started by me, i didn't throw one table over and didn't throw the grenad, at most u can charge me for the lighting i shot down :)

Guess i'll start a new thread then :)

OOC: Ok I'm back, sorry about the delay but here it is. It will probably be a long post so bare with it.

IC: The Bartender slow creeps back to his bar, hoping that no one would notice he had laid in the back room for a few minutes weeping. He looks up and sees something... someone... standing in the door way.

A large ugly looking Hutt slides into the bar, barging pass the little girl as though she was not there. "Ah.. Uh.. Boss..." The flumzy bartender quivers.

"Phale, where's Ashard?", the Hutt murmors as Niris enters the club. "Ah nevermind, Niris will do. Into the meeting room, gang"

All of the Hutts followers go forward into the meeting room, including Niris. The Boss stays behind for a few moments and speaks to the Bartender. "What's with all the mess? I'll deal with you later", he heads into the meeting room.

[inside meeting room]

Everyone finds a seat at the long table and the Boss stands at one end. At first they all murmor but are soon silenced by the rise of the Hutts arm.

"For starters, I'm opening the fighters club tomoro. We need a name and we need it fast. I want another bouncer working too, one for the bar and one for the club. So Niris you'll be working and I'll appoint someone else too to work on the club's entrance door. I'll have a few extras working down stairs in the club to keep this under control. Gredo's working on the signs as we speak and the rules will be published once the clubs opened. Now I need more workers aswell, so to do this, they'll have to prove themselves at the fighting club but I'm gonna be really picky about who I choose. Also, due to our recent hits by both the Empire and the Alliance (Nothing to do with the recent "brawl" that has happened), no one in this room is to talk about what is said outside of here. And also, the fighting club is going to be very hush hush as to not draw any attention, although it is perfectly legal, authorities may find out about my "hidden" operations going on in the back ground" the Boss pronounces. "Meeting disbanded for now, if you have any questions, ask them at my next meeting which will be tomoro once the club is opened"

Everyone but the Boss' highest workers leave the room. The Boss also stays behind, there they discuss business some more.

"So what was said?" the Bartender asks Niris as he passes the bar.

"I dunno, he didn't say much at all, just that... hang on... I can't say... Just that he wasn't really descriptive" Niris replies.

OOC: Ok I know I wasn't really detailled about the new arrangements but its late and I'm really really tired. I'll explain it more later.

But I will say now, when someone enters the fighting club downstairs, they must post in the All Nighter thread that they have gone there, then they must post in another thread which will be specifically for the fighting club that they have entered. No one can just skip from one to the other. What goes on in the fighting club will be kept rather quiet from the dance club/bar.

Also another thread will be started. I am trying to get this on another board altogether or something because this other one will be only for the Boss' business. Only those that are invited are able to enter and they will follow through the story more there.

Finally, what ever you's decide to do with the bounty hunter guys, don't do anything drastic to the young man as he is going to be one of the Boss' future high workers. He has a past with the Boss and he will soon be one of the Boss' highest men.

Thats all for tonight... or this morning... or whatever time it is...

((OOC: Dudehead, I know you didn't cause any real damage, but my guy was basically playing you. He was trying to milk you into paying for all the damage beacause you looked to be the most fun. Also I figued the you'd be one of the more frequent posters. He really got pissed when you drugged him. That's why he's got a vendetta against you. He doesn't like being shown up.))

Ashard was crouched behind the bar when the boss came in, he wasn't ready with an excuse yet. When he heard people coming out, he looked over the top and saw Niris. He made a light hissing sound and Niris looked over at him. Niris came over and sat at the bar and ordered a drink. He talked to Ashard without looking at him so as to keep him hidden.

Niris

So what the hell is this all about?

Ashard

Oh it's nothing too bad. I just got an offer for a bounty. I'm hiding from the boss till I come up with an appropriate excuse.

Niris, laughing

You and your bounties.

Ashard

What? At least I didn't go into the military like you did.

Niris

God, not this fight again.

Ashard

Oh shut....

Just then the huge seven foot man comes in and yells for Varan Ashard. Ashard rubs the bridge of his nose with one hand as if he suddenly ahd an extremeely bad headache. He knew this guy. He used to be a bounty hunter too, his name was Serak. Shard had, of course, cheated Serak. Ashard thought he was dead, but apparently he wasn't.

Serak

Niris, you're his brother. Where the hell is he?

Before Niris can react, Serak lifts him up off the ground and shakes violently. Varan casually stands up from the bar and looks at him.

Varan

Serak, what a pleasant surprise! What can I get you to drink?

With a yell Serak grabs Varan and throws him through the door outside. Varan crashes onto the street. By the time he is on his feet Serak is already charging him. Varan quickly steps out of the way and trips Serak so that he goes flying past him. Serak rolls onto his feet and charges again, but this time while Varan moves out of the way he hits him in his stomach with his studded right fist. Serak grunts as the wind is knocked out of him, and then falls to the ground as Varan's left studded fist slams into the side of his head. Serak goes down with a thud. He doesn't show signs of getting up soon, although he isn't dead. Varan spits on Serak's body, and then walks back in to call his connection in the mob to get rid of the body. When he gets in, however, he the boss is standing as well as a Hutt can next to Niris.

Boss

So, Ashard. Phale tells me you're planning on going somewhere.

Varan glares at the bartender who grins sheepishly and mouths out the words 'I didn't say anything'

Ashard

Funny you should mention that boss. See, this guy in mandalorian armor came by and messed up the place. Got the imps involved too. So that guy over there is hunting him down, and he offered me to come help him. I'll be getting half of the bounty....

Boss

And how much will that be?

Ashard

50,000 credits

Boss

Fine, you can go. but when you get back I want 60,000 credits.

Varan's face changes into one of surprise

Ashard

Well I guess I don't have to go

Boss

You have a better way of collecting 60,000 credits?

Before he can answer the boss leaves.

Ashard

Cover for me while I'm gone Niris

Niris

What are brothers for?

Varan walks over to Thew's booth. For the first time in a long time, he seems to have a heay weight on his shoulders.

((OOC: ok, so Niris is a Zabrak like Varan. His last name is Ashard as well, but he goes by his first name. I may have Varan Ashard go by Varan as the story goes on. Oh, and Serak isn't dead. I was planning on him escaping from the mob and later joining up with Donga if that's ok with you Redwing. Figured then the bounty could be larger and it would be even more personal against Varan. Also, I could go into greater detail about Varan's betrayal of Serak. I'd like to control Serak, but since you made him you get first rights to him.))

OOC Sorry for the delay - moved back home from Uni and only just got the computer set up right...

IC

"Ooohh, what hit me..." D'rick grogily got to his hands and knees and dazedly looked about the bar... "Dead stormtroopers, a trashed bar and me in the middle... time to leave I think..."

D'rick quietly begins to move to the back of the bar, until he hears Ashard talking about leaving...

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help but over hear that you were headed off-world, any chance that I could tag along?"

OOC

Gaalgoth, D'rick wants to get off-world to avoid a hutt crimelord who he sold some 'defective' Gundarks to earlier. If questioned he will say that he has a grudge against the bounty hunter and will help you track him down if you let him come along for the ride. D'rick will offer his services as an animal trainer/handler in return for passage. If questioned about the grenade D'rick will say that he didn't want the Imps to get the Bounty Hunter, as they would have been too kind to him.

Remember that D'rick is very cunning, manipulative and deceptive, and that Ashard is off-balance (mentally at least)...

((OOS: Gaalgoth, you really screwed up my character there (he wasn't originally supposed to have back history with Ashard), but actually I think this works. I didn't have a name for him yet, so "Serak" works; he has an interesting alternate motive that I don't want to reveal here, but...hey IM (or PM) me and we can discuss :D

@DaCliff: Actually, the girl was supposed to be in a side room, so the Hutt couldn't have barged by her, but minor detail ;)))

*Serak wakes up. He can hear Varan talking, and his first instinct is to jump on the scumbag's face and throttle him for all he is worth. But there were too many people there, and this body was unfortunately too weak to get all of them. He'd already made the mistake of trying to take on the cheating Zabrak on his own. He cursed the useless armor suit he'd decided to wear. He'd have to take it off to...

At least one good thing had come of this. He'd acquired Varan's brother, Niris. He overheard Varan speaking again*

Ashard: It's nothing...Just my boss and some old friends. Anyways, I'm in on the hunt. Where do we begin?

*Interesting. So he thought he was going on another hunt? Most interesting.*

*12 feet from him, the girl is no longer to be seen in the side room.*

IC: A gruff looking Toydarian flaps his way into the club. He heads straight for the meeting room. Niris steps in his way, "Where do you think your going?" "Get outta my way fool, its me, Gredo. I've got the signs ready for the Boss" "Oh sorry Gredo, didn't recognise ya there".

The Toydarian enters the meeting room. "Ah boss, got ya gear. Just waiting on the entrance sign" "The All Nighter's Fight Club is what its going to be called for now" "I'll start on it right away Boss".

The Toydarian quickly leaves the room and then the club. "NIRIS!!!" the Boss shouts. Niris runs in, "Yes Boss?", "Have you got in contact with one of your old military buddies yet? I told you I wanted one to bounce for the club door" "Yes Boss, I'll have someone here tonight if possible" "Good".

[in the firespray ship]

The young man replies to the bounty hunter. "My names Cliff Zem Brony. I'm a smuggler from Corellia".

OOC: I'll open the fight club tomoro because I'll be home all day and I wont have to worry about work. Gaalgoth, if you want you can introduce a new character, one of Niris' old military friends. If you can't I'll try to think of someone and do it myself. The guy won't really have to be controlled. He's only there to stand at the entrance to the fighting club.

((OOC: Royalguard, I never said Varanw as off-balance. I only said that he betrays others. Being a self-serving sociopath doesn't make you as off-balance as it does deceptive, cunning, and well.... like D'rick. We could have some fun with this. Redwing, sorry about that....didn't know you ahd an idea for that. You can make the past between us as minor or whatever as you want. Sorry....but I'm sure we can work something out. As for the new guy I'll introduce him here.))

The sun was setting on the horizon, and Niris was still waiting for Raelor. He was getting worried that he wouldn't amke it after all. Raelor was never really respectful of authority, and Niris wasn't altogether sure as to how he and the boss would get along. Just about then Niris saw a dust cloud speeding his way. A landspeeder pulled up in from of the allnighter with a human inside. He was a jaunty character, with eyes full of life. He had the marks of a man who'd been in his share of fights. He was the rugged sort, with long black hair that hung raggedly about his shoulders. He had a larger build then Varan and Niris. Before the speeder had come to a complete stop, Raelor hopped out and walked up to Niris. Niris stuck out his hand to shake his friend's hand.

Niris

You're late. I was starting to get afraid that you wouldn't show after all.

Raelor laughs and shakes Niris's hand.

Raelor

Now that's not the warm welcome I'm used to.

Niris

Hm. Well come on inside, I'll introduce you to the boss.

The two men enter the bar and see Ashard and Thew walking towards the exit.

Raelor

Varan! What's going on man? Long time no see.

Ashard winces at the sound of Raelor's voice. The two of them never got along.

Ashard

Oh yeah, Raelor, I could hardly make out your face through that mop on your head.

Raelor

Well I guess everyone can't be as charming in appearance as you.

Ashard laughs mirthlessly. Raelor extends his hand to shake Ashard's and Ashard takes it in his. The two begin squeezing, obviously trying to show supremacy over the other. Once both of them began grimacing from the pain and a fight seemed ready to break out, Niris interrupted.

Niris

Come on Raelor, the boss is waiting

Ashard

Yeah, Raelor, the boss is waiting.

Raelor

Well we can't have that, can we.

The two release their hold on the other and aelor walks towards the side room the boss is in alongside Niris and Ashard exits the bar with Thew. Upon entering the room, the boss explains the rules to aelor

Boss

I don't want any trouble from you. You screw up, and we screw you up. Don't let anyone in that's not supposed to be in, and don't stop people from entering that are supposed to be in. If you have any questions, talk to Niris. Now get the hell out and get to work.

The two exit the room.

Raelor

Fun stuff.

Niris

He's serious Raelor. Don't screw up.

Raelor

I know I know. I'll be getting to my post now.

The two go to their separate posts and prepare for another long night.

*As soon as Ashard leaves, Serak looks up.*

Serak: I hope you said your goodbyes to your brother, Niris...because you aren't going to be seeing him again.

*Serak grabs his armor chestplate and unlatches it, sliding it off. His body begins to change shape. His arms lengthen and his body hunches over. A hard exoskeleton covers Serak's body, ripping off his coat. His smaller items of clothing seem to be absorbed into himself. His face distortes and grows fangs. His legs split into three on each side, and his limbs grow claws, destroying his boots. His skin turns deep red. The result looks like a humanoid cross between a praying mantis and a giant crab, with a little rancor mixed in.

Niris looks shocked. He couldn't recall Serak being able to do this before. He hears the bounty hunter's voice again...inside his head.

<How do you like my new ability? It's called morphing. Beautiful, isn't it? It's called a Verhwin, and it's, well, deadly.>

Serak lashes out at the Zabrak with a long, heavy, armored forleg. Niris is knocked out instantly.

<Now it's time for your brother. See ya, sucker!>

Serak scuttles/dashes out, only pausing to look regretfully at the guns he had to leave behind. He doesn't notice a small brown bug that has attached itself to one of his hind legs.

((OOS: Sorry about Niris, but you know Zabraks have a great recovery time :D

In case you haven't noticed yet, my two characters Marin (Marin is the girl) and Serak are both shapeshifters. It's more complicated than that, though: to get a form to morph into, they must first touch and "acquire" an example of that form while in their original form. When they shapeshift, their minds control the form they have shifted into and they can communicate through telepathy. They cannot stay in an acquired form for more than two hours or they cannot shift back to their original form (which they also must pass through between morphs). This isn't a natural ability; it is based on an exotic technology....they weren't born that way, and I assume when Serak knew Ashard he didn't have this ability yet. This is new))

OOC Gaalgoth, I didn't mean that Varan was insane, just that he had been drugged, was really angry and had his Hutt boss breathing down his neck... perhaps I should have said distracted?

Bobo Fart, just read the whole thread, it will take time but you will get a clearer picture than from a summary...

OOC: Bobo Fart, Niris didn't know where his brother and Thew were heading, no one did, but what the hell, its done now. Also could you make another character thats not jedi if you want to hang around the All Nighter. Incase you didn't pick it up. This is not a nice place, its not exactly a place for a person like... Princess Leia or Padme. If you get what I'm saying. Also if your going to post, don't make it a worthless post that doesn't belong. Private message someone if you want to know some stuff like you did earlier. I would advise you dont make a post like your first on this thread again.

Also I'm opening the fighters club now.

IC: After the new bouncer Raelor turned up all the Boss was waiting on till he could start up his new club was the sign for the entrance.

Gredo quickly came back to the All Nighter, he was followed by three working droids. The Boss comes out and sees the signage that has just arrived, he looks very happy.

"Where you want it Boss?" "Where you think? Above the entrance door" "Yes Boss". Gredo points to above the door and the working droids get started on fixing the luminating light-up sign straight away.

Once the sign is done Gredo and his droids leave. The Boss heads for the door to The All Nighter's Fighting Club.

Raelor steps aside, "Going for a quick tour before it opens Boss?" "Something like that. Open it up after I go in, all the workers are ready to start" "Yes Boss".

A Big Broad Tall Weequay enter's the Bar and walks up to the bar tender

Big Weequay This place is a mess! hmmm let us ave a Dry Ale, and seen Ashard around? gotta talk with him!

Bartender Ahhhh good ol Fistil, how are you my Friend?

Fistil smiles and sculls a few shots of Dry Ale

Fistil Im doing well!*hicup*

Bartender Well Arshard is out at the moment, but you can speak to his brother Niris over there

The Bartender points to Niris. Fistil makes his way over there

Fistil Hello i am a friend of your Brother, what is going on with this Fight Club? is it up?

Niris Yeah down through that door over there

Fistil Thanks mate!

Fistil heads towards the door into the fight club to have a round in the ring...

OOC: Bobo Fart I suggest that you thoroughly read the rest of the thread. That way you would know that Ashard is Niris and Varens last names. And also Niris is not the bouncer to the fight club, its Raelor. And yes, Niris is knocked out for the time being.

IC: Raelor looks up and thinks to himself, "Oh damn, I hope that the Boss is cool with that fella going down to the club. If not, its my head"

OOC: Sorry about the double posting but for some reason it posted the same post twice so now I have edited it to another post which I was going to do only edit it in the first one. Ah well, confusing.

IC: Raelor steps aside as some of the Boss' workers drag a Weequay out from the club. "Hmm guess I shouldn't have let him in after all".

The workers sit him at the bar where they spash water of his face until he's conscious.

One of the workers explains to the Weequay, "You have broken the rules of the club. You have fought in an unorganised fight. Your punishment is that you are banned from The All Nighter's Fight Club. Now please leave quietly and quickly".

The Weequay looks up with a worried face and the worker talks some more, "Your banned from the fighting club, I'm also going to throw you out of the Dance Club. See ya", the workers all grab the Weequay and toss him out of the Dance Club entrance, onto the streets.

Shortly after another group of workers drag a Wookie out from the Fight Club. The continue out of the Dance Club, only to return without the Wookie. They head back into The All Nighter's Fight Club.

A tall 6'8'' Bothan enters the club. He has Light Silver hair and quickly strides to the bar.

Shivrad: Large Juri Juice, quickly please.

The Bothan lays a pile of credits on the bar counter.

Service Droid: Right away Sir.

Shivrad: <This place looks like a bad one to be noticed in. I'd better keep a low profile. >

After receiving his drink the Bothan takes a seat near the back.

His Ocular implants take in all his Surroundings.

--------------------------------------------------

:ewok: mmmmmm......Yub Nub Stormtrooper! :ewok:

Archived