Home

The All Nighter - Anti-Grav Dance Club/Bar

DaCliff

OOC: Ok I've finally taken the initiative to start the thread myself seeming no-one else was really interested. I don't want this to be a place where people come to sort really big and drastic events or to really start any major fights.

I am continuing on The All Nighter - Anti Grav Dance Club/Bar from the official SWG Forums. The All Nighter was originally started by a guy called Stoogith but as those forums have many problems and are no where near as good as these forums (sorry for all you lovers of those other ones but its my opinion). I have only continued on the actual club/bar itself, not the characters within or the past stories/events associated with the premises.

It is a club/bar where people can come and relax, meet other characters and share their stories or maybe even meet true companions.

I am not taking responsibility for the running of the club/bar and also I am not taking dibs on the ownership of it. I would however like it if someone whos character suites the position to claim ownership of the club/bar and to also be there to run things along and act accordingly as a bartender etc. would act.

There will be service droids and the drinks available are upto those that order them.

The setting is in a club/bar on a small but frequently visited planet in the Star Wars Universe (where exactly I am not too sure) and on this particular part of the planet it is always night-time for some freak of nature reason.

Anyone is welcome here and I do not want any posts to drift from the story and role playing of the club/bar. If you want to argue about anything within then start it in another thread for all I care but DO NOT disturb the others peace within the club/bar.

Finally, everyone get along and try to keep the area peaceful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC:

A young man (human) wearing a long rope covering his face so much that it cannot be seen looks up in the distance. At about 400m infront of him he sees The All Nighter - Anti-grav dance club. He tries to get rise from his knelt position but falls the first attempt. After much struggle he staggers to the club, opening the entrance as the holds his left side. Suddenly he rises his head and yells "Oh...", he turns to withdraw as he tries inevitably to be not noticed by the inhabitants of the club as to not cause a large scene inside the club. As he is turning his eyes, though not visible, roll to the back of his head. He falls down the stairs still holding his side and ends up lying at the bottom of the flight. Unconscious, he lays.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IC

A hunched figure runs from the darkness surrounding the All-Nighter. He looks wildly about him, freeing Lekku previously encompassed in a flowing robe as he does so. Confident of his isolation, the middle-aged and portly Twi'Lek furtively darts to the entrance of the all nighter. After slipping some credits into the door-Gamorreans hands, he enters the bar, ignoring completely the collapsed robed figure at the bottom of the stairs...

IC: A Twi'lek and Human working for the Alliance notice the young man in brown. They go outside, talk for a bit, then take him away in a hurry.

OOC: Sorry but my character has more story to this but this wouldn't be the right place to post it so I'll just say that "sometime has passed"

IC: SOMETIME HAS PASSED (surprise surprise)

The young man enters the club once again, like he did several weeks ago. Except this time hes not injured, but rather healthier than ever. He looks around then sits one of the tables close to the bar. The service driod buzzes over.

<Hello Sir! How can I help you?>

"Ah yes" the young man replies, "Hows the Jawa Juice in this sector?"

<The best sir, shall I fetch you some?>

"Better make it two, I'm expecting someone" He happily pronounces.

OOC: i think by making several weeks pass, u kinda ruined royalguard's part :D

IC: Having just recently arrived in the city, Donga setts out to search his 'bounty'... information resources have led him to this city and his current lead brings him to "The All Nighter - Anti Grav Dance Club" where he is supposed to meet a corrupt Imperial in a few hours...

Donga enters the establishment and slowly walks to the bar, a few heads turn toward him but quickly look away again,awed by the mandalorian armor the man wears, and talks quietly to the bartender. He continues through the bar to take a seat in the darkest region of the bar. Once seated he looks arround him, without moving his head, and scans the area for potential leeks. Once he is certain the area is safe, he orders a drink of a service droid.

Although noone can see it, a few drops of swet are formed on his forehead as he prepares his suit for combat, each weapon's safety turned off, gun belt loose and scanners continually searching the room for suspicious movements, while his broadband antenna keeps in contact with his ship via a reserved frequency... His former contact said the Imperial was as corrupt as can be and would do anything for money, but when doing business with a man of such power and public displayed false integrity, one prepares for the worst.

OOC: I don't have any experience yet with roleplaying like this so I hope my debutant post ain't too bad :)

OOC: That was excellent Dud. Hmmm I see what you mean about ruining RoyalGuards post.

Ok new rule/fact/thingy: when ever someone says "SOMETIME HAS PASSED" think of it as a hole in time. That way, people's posts won't be destroyed by the different timing of another's post.

IC: The young man recieves his Jawa Juice from the service droid. He notices the man in Mandalorian Armor. He gets up and walks over to the bartender. He whispers curiously "Whats a bounty hunter doing here?". The bartender tries to ignore the young man as to not get involved. "Excuse me I asked you something", his voice raises to just enough for others to notice. The bartender continues to ignore the man but it is obvious that something is bothering the bartender. The young man gives up and decides to take things into his own hands. He walks over to the shadowy parts of the club and sits next to the bounty hunter.

"So, you here for a relaxing time or am I new target as well?"

OOC: BTW my character is not your Imperial expectant and he has recently been attacked by a squad of Stormtroopers. That was why he passed out earlier on.your

IC: The bounty hunter remains silent for what seems like ages, all the while remaining still. Then he finally says:," I don't know who you are, but I have an appointment with someone and I suggest you don't get involved."

The hunter remains silent again but after a few moments suddenly moves his head a notch, when you look behind you, you see a very obese man entering, accompanied by four stormtroopers. The man slowly makes his way to the bartender, has a brief change of words and then comes to the bounty hunter. "There he is, I really suggest you let us be." you're not sure but you think you detected a slight hesitation, and some nervousness in the man's words. As the obese man draws nearer, you see the bounty hunter checking the exits, which appear all to be blocked by stormtroopers.

OOC: Dud, if you could, just play are your character. So instead of all the you and your, it would be, he and they etc. Do you get me?

IC: The young man looks also looks around at the stormtroopers quickly flooding to each exit. "Nah, I think I'll stick around for awhile" the man says, moving his hand towards his blaster on his hip. "Looks like I'm not the only one the Empires after. Talk about an overkill this is going to be". The young man is now iching at his blaster, waiting for the moment of truth. He takes one more glance to his side at the mysterious bounty hunter. "I hope your good at this sorta thing, I'll take your lead"

OOC, yes the whole two weeks thing did screw me over a bit... modifications were necessary...

IC

As the the white armoured shock-troopers of the Empire close off the exits, the over-weight Twi'Lek who has been frequenting the All-Nighter for a while settles deeper into his alcove, trying not to draw attention to himself, but watching the scenario with searching and intelligent eyes...

A tall, rather muscular young woman with long, straight hair the colour of the rust on her swoop outside and with a patchwork clothing looks cautiously to her left, where a stoormtrooper barges past her. Her jacket says that she is a member of Corsec, but the rest of the uniform is replaced by more durable clothes, so you can't really tell...

She turns slowly to her right. Another stormtrooper. For the second time today, she starts to regret that she left her blaster in the swoop. Sure, she knew she was not wanted by the Imps, but you never knew with them bastards. It would not be the first time she saw other people than the wanted person being dragged away to a detention block...

She slowly weight the glass in her head. Sure, it's heavy. Really heavy. Heavy enough to knock out a stormtrooper? She hoped she would not have to find out.

OCC: k i'll give it a try :)

IC: The bounty hunter remains seated as the obese man seats himself at the same table, clearly ignoring the other person standing there. He orders himself a drink of the service droid. When it is brung he looks for the first time at the man standing at the table. "Who might you be?" and even before you have the time to answer he says "No matter, you have no business with us, I suggest you leave." You see the obese man giving a signal to the stormtroopers and two of theml come standing behind you, ready to drag you away if nessecary. The bounty hunter nods at you "It's ok". You also notice the obvious unease of the bartender growing larger by the minute.

OOC: You can do what you want, stay there or retreat, have something ready for both actions :)

IC

As the obese human questioned the Bounty Hunter, the rise in tension in the bar became palpable. Twitching Lekku betraying his nervousness, the pasty-faced and sweating Twi'Lek loosened his outer robe and chittered something in a harsh high-pitched language. Ignored by those near by the small furry form of a kowakian monkey lizard emerged from the Twi'Leks robes and siddled along the bar floor, flitting like a shadow from table to table. Crouching behind a Stormtrooper intent on the ongoing confrontation the filthy creature deftly lifts a fragmentation grenade from the 'trooper's utility belt and quickly scuttles back to the Twi'Lek. Lekku twitching even more the Twi'lek lets the monkey lizard back into his robes, feeding it a treat and secreting the grenade in a pocket.

Taking a drink to calm himself the Twi'Lek divided his attention between the lethal looking human female and the Imperial/Bounty Hunter situation...

"I'm not going to leave here alive..." the Twi'Lek mutters under his breath...

The bartender continues to look at the scene of growing unease and stealthily presses a button beneeath the counter. A few seconds later a Zabrak with a slim build walks cooly out of the backroom. He cracks his neck and pulls on his gloves. The gloves have the fingers cut off but are embedded with metal studs. He begins to polish a glass alongside the bartender.

Bartender

So, you think you can handle this Ashard?

Ashard

Well nothing has happened yet, right?

Bartender

Well, no, but something's going to happen.

Ashard

That's true, something will probably happen. Just play cool for now, and if you see any jerky, sudden moves get down as fast as you can.

Bartender

Ok, but you're sure you can handle this?

Ashard, with a grin

Come on, how long have I been the bouncer for this place? What makes you so doubtful all of a sudden? Of course I can handle a few troopers. Besides, if my fists aren't enough I always have my pistols

The bartender looks at Ashard's belt and notices the two modified D-44's holstered on his back

Bartender

God I hope it doesn't come to that.....it took me close to a week to clean up the last mess you made.....

Ashard laughs, but not with his eyes. His eyes calmly and coldly continue to watch the bounty hunter's table. This was what he lived for.

The "tall, lethal looking human female" puts down her glass, calmly. Realizing that she is sitting in the middle of a bar filled with people with... dangerous agendas, she slowly shifts to her left corner of the table.

"Talk about being between a rock and a hard place", she whispers under her breath to the almost comical looking alien sitting at the other side of the table. "Lesson number one: always sit with your back rooted to the fuggin' wall. Sit tight, I'll see if I can get out and call for backup."

Slowly, she starts rising from her chair, hoping that the stormtroopers will be far too busy paying attention to the other patrons. But again, she got this weird feeling that today would not really be one of her best days this year...

IC

As the wiry Zabrak stood behind the bar, calmly cleaning glasses, D'rick stared into his eyes, and saw mirrored there a look he had seen in the eyes of countless cold-blooded killers - killers who were normally on a mission to kill him for supplying deficient creatures. Nervously fingering the frag grenade, and noticing the human female's increased alertness, D'rick muttered, "I'm soo dead, I should never have sold those vegetarian Gundarks to Firgir the Hutt, she never could take a joke!"

With a hard thrust by the butt of his rifle, one of the stoormtroopers shoved the young woman down in her chair, and the half a dozen glasses on the table flew all over the floor when her head hit the table, barely cancelling the grunt from her throat. The sudden sound startled more than a few of the patrons.

"You stay out of this!", the stormtrooper quickly commanded, and moved further into the bar.

She had gotten the last thing she wanted today; attention, glass splinters all over her, and the beginning of a throbbing headache. 'Too bad there's so many of them', she thought.

OOC: Certainly some action going on now. I like, I like.

IC:The young man looks deeply at the obese mans face. Then suddenly a flashback hits him, and hits him hard. Images of his fellow crew mates, his father, his best friend and his best friends father. All of them, including himself, firing rapidly at a squad of stormtroopers. Then striking pain to his left side. He'd been hit. The next bits a blur, but he distinctively sees his father knelt down before HIM!! THE OBESE MAN THERE!! WITH HIS FATHER KNELT BEFORE HIM!! **BANG!!** "Nooo!!!!!!!!" The young man cries out before coping a swift wack from the backend of a stormtroopers rifle butt

The young man looks with hate directly into the obese mans eyes. "I ain't going no where" he commands snarely.

OOC: hehe me like this :)

IC: "Ok, don't say i didn't warn you..." You see him make another gesture at the stormtroopers and immediately they hit the man on the head with their blaster rifle. At the entrance of the club, six other stormtroopers arrive. "Leave him out of here, he has nothing to do with it." the bounty hunter mutters. "It's his own fault, he should have stayed out of it, I even warned him, something i rarely do." The obese man, lifts his hand, ready to give another gesture to the stormtroopers. "I'm warning you". The obese man immediately stops and begins to laugh "Why dear man, i don't think you are in a position to make threats, are you? But ok, let this charade be over, I am taking you under arrest. That should teach you to take a job of that rebelscum. Don't know what you were thinking when you asked me to rat out on a fellow collegue." the obese man gestures now at the 6 men at the portal, who immediately come to the table, while the others keep a watch out. "You have fifteen minutes to live, if you don't let me and everyone in this bar go" the bounty hunter says with an eary calm. The obese man Begins to laugh loudly, saying "Why my dear man, you are heavily overpowered and still you think you can blast your way out of here? You really must be even dumber than i thought at first." The bounty hunter remains silent for five seconds than turns his helmet straight towards the obese man "I have poisoned your drink with a rare poison of which only I have the antidote, if you don't let me and my friend here go, you will die in fifteen, no, fourteen by now, minutes. If you let us go, I will take you to my ship and give the antidote to you there, and don't try anything, my ship has the best scanners there are, if I see even one of your men try to do anything suspicious, I will let you die." At first the obese man laughs even more loudly but then is silenced, as his face turns white and his eyes blurry. "Thirteen minutes" the bounty hunter says.

OOC: Da Cliff, impartially I'll rule that you were dazed, but not knocked out by the rifle blow... the trooper was more worried about the Bounty Hunter in front of him rather than hitting you properly...

IC:

As the young human man was hit my the trooper, and more and more stormtroopers piled in to the all-nighter, D'rick panics and throws the grenade into the midst of the six new arrivals, he misses and the grenade lands behind the rearmost trooper. As the grenade explodes D'rick runs at the trooper attacking the human female and blindly barges into him. Off-balance the trooper hits the ground but quickly begins to bring his blaster to bear...

"Help me get out of here and I can pay you!" D'rick shouts in desparation to the female...

OOC The grenade killed the two rearmost troopers, and knocked down and stunned the first 4 at the table. They conveniently shielded everyone else in the bar from the blast, but the remaining troopers in the room are all drawing blasters...

Have fun :)

IC: The young man jumps to his feet. Two blasts at a stormtrooper nearby the bounty hunter are placed with great marksmanship towards the chest. He flips the nearest table and crouches behind the wreckage. He looks across to the bounty hunter reaching out his arm, "You wanna live? Lets get the hell outta here" he shout across to the bounty hunter.

OOC: hmmm quite the mess u guys made :D

IC: The bounty hunter draws his two blasters and aims one at the trooper near D'rick, he shoots and hits him two times in the arm, one time in the leg... with the other he knocks the obese man on the head and drags him behind the table. "My ship is on the way, but we'll have to hold these guys off for two minutes" having said that he looks over the table and aims his laser (on the mandalorian armor) over the heads off the four who were stunned by the attack and cuts down the lighting hanging over them, which falls down and hits two of them on the head, one one the leg. He then crouches back behind the table. "Why didn't you just leave us? Now I'll have the Imps all over me.*sighs* Ah well, I guess I have always been more of a rebel man anyways. Look out!" behind the young man a stormtrooper pointed his gun at him ready to pull the trigger but the bounty just in time shoots him in the gut. He looks towards the obese man "Eleven minutes".

The young female is almost knocked off her feat as the unknown person smashes into her, and through the loud blast she merely hear him shouting something. On the other hand, the desperate look in his eyes speaks more than words. She quickly drag him with her left hand so that he is shielded behind her back. Seconds later, her chair flies towards the group of stormtroopers as she starts dragging the man towards the exit.

"Get out of here! Now! Or I'll..." Her shout ends abructly as stormtrooper fire hits inches above her head. Despite her quick dodge, the second shot hits her squarely in her right arm.

Ashard sees the grenade fly through the air and grabs the bartender's shoulder.

Ashard

Get down. Now.

Ashard shoves the bartender down and as the grenade explodes he leaps over the counter and draws his blasters in mid air. Of the seix new troopers, two were now dead. Four more were on the ground. He shoots the two who had been hit in the head by the lighting and kicks the third who hurt his leg in the head. The fourth had gotten on his knees, and in a fancy spin Ashard nails him in the forehead with the handle of his left blaster. In a dive, Ashard rolls over a table and lands behind D'rick. With his studded gloves he punches the Twi'lek in the back of the head, rendering him unconcious. The woman tries to elbow Ashard with her non-injured arm, but Ashard catches it twists it behind her back. Shoving her against the wall, he yells in her ear over the ruckus

Ashard

I can't abide by anyone messing up this bar. He caused alot of damage with that grenade and I'll be damned if he's getting out of here without paying for it.

Looking over his shoulder he sees a trooper with a blaster pointed at them. He shoves her to the ground and lands on top of her.

Ashard

Stay down and you'll be alright. You're already injured, don't get hurt any more. I've got a few more patrons to deal with.

In a crouched position he looks across the bar and sees the bounty hunter in Mandalorian armor in the far corner. Ashard narrows his eyes and makes a mad break towards the corner. In a flying dive with a blaster drawn in his left hand, he thouht to himself: God I love my job.

((OOC: Setsuko, you don't have to follow my advice. Dudehead, do whatever just don't **** up Ashard. Whatever you do, keep in mind he is the bouncer here and he has been for some time. He's a mean mofo. Royalguard, you can do whatever....make it so you actually aren't unconscious, come back to consciousness, or lie like a lump on the floor. It's all cool =) ))

[OOC] No 'ordinary' players in here? ;P

[iC]

With the bouncer gone, she starts crawling towards the wall. with the kind of punishment she'd taken this far, she was not thrilled at taking her chances against either group inside the chaotic scene that used to be a cantina.

*a short girl with dark brown skin and darker brown hair walks into the cantina. Her eyes, which seem to change color every time you look at them, at the moment look chestnut. The girl wears a small coat and dark, unusual looking clothes, including a magenta shirt. Everything about her looks to be on a smaller scale than everything else in the bar. She barely comes up to the waist of most of the patrons*

edit: She looks about fourteen to fifteen.

Archived