1. 1. Do you agree with this

• I agree with Twins of Doom totally
    • I agree on some points but not all
    • I disagree on all points

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Alexandrus

Blah, now you're saying that if I have knowledge about the game's engine and all I know about that game is how to script that alone makes me a good player ? So it doesn't take any skill at all, does it ?

Who's narrow mided now, you or Twins of Doom ?

How is what JaraDaj promotes any derivative of narrow mindedness? Do you know what narrow mindedness means? How can inventing scripts be narrow minded? Invention is by any definition an act of creativity.

To concieve of such a complicated script as the one referred to you must be a very experimental and creative person, not narrow minded. You are just spreading FUD, Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

yea it'll b cool to place a new forum for scripts, and that'll will actually encourage more ppl to post out scripts, so for those who dislike unfair-attackin-overpowering-scripters, thats sumthing to think about

and b4 dat happens, can sum1 write dat kissing animation scripts already!!!???

Originally posted by Jevesus

How is what JaraDaj promotes any derivative of narrow mindedness? Do you know what narrow mindedness means? How can inventing scripts be narrow minded? Invention is by any definition an act of creativity.

To concieve of such a complicated script as the one referred to you must be a very experimental and creative person, not narrow minded. You are just spreading FUD, Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.

So a scripter is creative, that maybe unless he copies the script and just uses it. But even one that creates his own scripts is still not a good player, just a creative mind, good for him. But he should limit himself to creating scripts for his own enjoyment, not for playing with other guys because then he forces those to accept his scripts. If he asks before he joins, OK, then no problem, but maybe those players don't want scripters in their game.

And creative or not, my point is that a scripter is not automatically a good player or a fair player.

Originally posted by Alexandrus

So a scripter is creative, that maybe unless he copies the script and just uses it. But even one that creates his own scripts is still not a good player, just a creative mind, good for him. But he should limit himself to creating scripts for his own enjoyment, not for playing with other guys because then he forces those to accept his scripts. If he asks before he joins, OK, then no problem, but maybe those players don't want scripters in their game.

And creative or not, my point is that a scripter is not automatically a good player or a fair player.

1. It is not physically impossible for a person to be one who creates scripts and also a good player. There is no logical reason why this is impossible.

2. Right. So that thing about narrow mindedness you just made up, just for the hell of it?

Eye halve come two the conclusion that eye kin know longer understand what Jevesus is saying. Eye Think win he tries too explain something, he purposely words it soe he can you's as man knee big words as possible. Please put away the thesaurus. If yew halve such eh love four the language then may bee yew should find eh better word then febble mine did or narrow mine did

Originally posted by leelink

Eye halve come two the conclusion that eye kin know longer understand what Jevesus is saying. Eye Think win he tries too explain something, he purposely words it soe he can you's as man knee big words as possible. Please put away the thesaurus. If yew halve such eh love four the language then may bee yew should find eh better word then febble mine did or narrow mine did

It's either that, or you could learn how to read.. If you were able to read you would have known that I'm not the one going on about "narrow minded", Twins of Doom started that carousel, and Alexandrus ride along with it. I refuted that scripting has anything at all to do with "narrow minds".

Any words in there too big for you?

I'm not going to argue point by point why I think scripts are lame. If it isn't obvious to the people that think it's not, then I can do nothing to change their minds.

That being said, here are just a few reasons.

Scripting moves may not be indicative of a narrow mind, but it is at least indicative of the scripters character.

Scripting shows that the person who uses them has no regard for the people that are victimized by them. A serious character flaw if you ask me.

If you seriously think that scripting gives NO advantage to the user..then why use them?????.

Skill is based partly on manual dexterity, writing scripts to perform moves eliminates that entire aspect of skill.

Scripting moves eliminates the "human" element within the game. Which is why Multiplayer was created in the first place...playing BOTS all the time simply sucks.

If you find the pressing of keys in combination so tedious, boring and uninspiring then I suggest you stick to playing card games.

It all breaks down to a matter of opinion. This is mine:

If you script moves I have no respect for you. If I see you using them on my server, I will kick and most likely ban you immediately. I can't stop you from writing or using them, but I can stop you from ruining my experience because you lack the common decency and sense of sportsmanship that so many of us enjoy.

Some people just plainly crack me up! Where, O' Where has gaming gone? Where I ask? Where do people come up with this fascination of cheating their way through a game, and then try to rationalize themselves with weak as hell arguments that not only show how stupid they are, but also how really ignorant they are. Why even argue with them anymore? It is obvious that they know that they are socially in the wrong. Why else do they post, copy everything someone says, and then argue with that statement? They have to validate EVERY point. They'll never change, and suggesting they do will only infuriate them more. I guess, what I'm trying to say is....let them play whatever way they want to. Do we have to like it? NO. However, it's going to continue, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them.

So let's just play the game and have fun. Let's play with the newbies, the spammers, the scripters, the cheaters, and anyone else who plays. Let's just enjoy this game for what it is, and what it will always be.....a game.

One last thing that has been bothering me.....JEVESUS....it's "C-E-R-T-A-I-N", not "S-U-R-T-A-I-N"

All of you kids, just wait until you get to the point in life when the REAL problems come up....your getting some good practice now:p .

Originally posted by GooglyMoogly

I'm not going to argue point by point why I think scripts are lame. If it isn't obvious to the people that think it's not, then I can do nothing to change their minds.

That being said, here are just a few reasons.

Scripting moves may not be indicative of a narrow mind, but it is at least indicative of the scripters character.

Scripting shows that the person who uses them has no regard for the people that are victimized by them. A serious character flaw if you ask me.

If you seriously think that scripting gives NO advantage to the user..then why use them?????.

Skill is based partly on manual dexterity, writing scripts to perform moves eliminates that entire aspect of skill.

Scripting moves eliminates the "human" element within the game. Which is why Multiplayer was created in the first place...playing BOTS all the time simply sucks.

If you find the pressing of keys in combination so tedious, boring and uninspiring then I suggest you stick to playing card games.

It all breaks down to a matter of opinion. This is mine:

If you script moves I have no respect for you. If I see you using them on my server, I will kick and most likely ban you immediately. I can't stop you from writing or using them, but I can stop you from ruining my experience because you lack the common decency and sense of sportsmanship that so many of us enjoy.

You assume all scripts are bad. They are not. Would you call me a cheater for having a script that automatically takes a bow?

How difficult do you think it is to make a DFA? Very easy? Easy? Kinda hard? Very hard? Impossible? I would say "very easy", wouldn't you?

Well then why is it such a big deal if someone scripts the DFA? It's childs play anyways...

You are clearly one of those with delusions about scripts and scripters.

The basic point of this thread is long gone with the flaming going on here. Both sides have repeated the same thing over and over just using different verbage to get the point across, but I think that the scripters do understand what the non scripters are saying and vice versa.

Jevesus, Ive read your posts and obviously you use scripts, but harmless scripts such as saber color and various other "novelty" binds. IMO this dosent make you or your use of them bad or "evil" as has been said in this thread NUMEROUS times. The scripts that do action moves such backstab and sweep and DFA and any other move that will execute perfectly everytime are the ones I frown upon. Im not saying anyone is bad, I (as a non scripter) just dont see how winning every match with anything but your own sheer skill is rewarding??? I just feel that I get more out of the game because if I win a match with out scripting Ive done it by myself with out any help or assistance. If others dont feel that way then thats fine, Im not here to tell you what to do but I just think people would enjoy the game more if they could accomplish the prize on there own.

Originally posted by Admiral Derski

Jevesus, Ive read your posts and obviously you use scripts, but harmless scripts such as saber color and various other "novelty" binds. IMO this dosent make you or your use of them bad or "evil" as has been said in this thread NUMEROUS times. The scripts that do action moves such backstab and sweep and DFA and any other move that will execute perfectly everytime are the ones I frown upon. Im not saying anyone is bad, I (as a non scripter) just dont see how winning every match with anything but your own sheer skill is rewarding??? I just feel that I get more out of the game because if I win a match with out scripting Ive done it by myself with out any help or assistance. If others dont feel that way then thats fine, Im not here to tell you what to do but I just think people would enjoy the game more if they could accomplish the prize on there own.

I'm not debating my guilt, I'm perfectly aware that I don't use scripts that anyone in their right mind could classify as "cheap". And, even if I did I wouldn't care what anyone else thought of it.

What I am debating is the common misconception that scripts somehow are always bad and always very very cheap tactics.

So what if someone got a script for doing the DFA in the push of a button, or the backstab, or the lunge? These moves aren't _that_ hard to do, are they? It seems that some people boast their mad skillz in one thread and complain about scripts in an other.. If they have mad skillz what is the big honkin deal about scripting moves that are easy to do manually?

Now, the scripts that obviously exploit weaknesses in the game design, those are a different deal altogether.

Originally posted by Jevesus

1. It is not physically impossible for a person to be one who creates scripts and also a good player. There is no logical reason why this is impossible.

2. Right. So that thing about narrow mindedness you just made up, just for the hell of it?

1. If he uses scripts(I mean bind moves/combos to keys, not saber color and stuff) then either he knows he is NOT a good player and he needs scripts, or he maybe he is a good player but he will have a hard time proving it. If he is a good player then why use scripts ? Isn't that contradictory ? What, he doesn't want to show he's a good player ?

2. That didn't came out as I wanted, sorry. I meant that each and every opinion gets you closer to one side or the other, so even if only one opnion doesn't make you lame or cool, it still has a very small influence. Afterall, the whole is a sum of the parts.

Archived