Home

Petition: New Board For Scripting **Mods and Admins Please Read**

Twins of Doom

Multiplayer Strategy Center is getting filled with people asking how to script moves. I think this is a major problem, and I am sure there are many who agree with me. I think that if we have many people post here to say that they will agree with this petition than we can probably get the attention of Mods and Admins. I have no problem with those who ask how to do simple things like taunt or bind commands to say things, but that is not what is happening. This area is becoming full of scripters who want to bind moves, or a series of moves to a key. This I have a problem with because they are ruining the game for others (I have seen scripts that actually do give an unfair advantage to the other player)

I have actually seen a script in use that allows the person to use backstab when opponent is in front, then when the saber comes back it kills the person in front. Sure this is easy to avoid, but it is unfair to those who actually learn to use moves.

Please just post your signing of petition, if you don't want to sign it then please don't fill this with a useless post. If you have comments to say about this it would be greatly prefferred if you would post them in this thread

I've all but quit playing online in open servers due to the "CHEATING" (scripting complicated moves), and it's not just the fact these "LAZY" players are scripting but they spam scirpt...

It's just not enjoyable any more to play in open "JK2"servers...

This is the same type of thing that killed "Star Siege" for the honorable players, and units that once flourished in the game. Leaving only the "HACKERS" to play...

I'm afraid that it may go the same way for "Outcast" MP too...

So indeed, I stand with Twins on this!!!!

~Nomad WR~

:duel:

Who gives a ****? They can't do that much with scripts anyway. Scripts are the same things over and over. If you die by this everytime then you really shouldn't be alive anyway. For the record i don't script. I don't have the keys close enough to my hand to do it. I just don't see a problem with it.

Hey uh, sonic, this isnt another arguement forum. You were supposed to either agree with creating a seperate forum/thread for scripts/mods or disagree. Theres about 5 other active script agruements going on that Im currently involved in as well, please go there to argue about the validity of them.

I agree with you twins, it needs its own place.

Originally posted by §øníç

Who gives a ****? They can't do that much with scripts anyway. Scripts are the same things over and over. If you die by this everytime then you really shouldn't be alive anyway. For the record i don't script. I don't have the keys close enough to my hand to do it. I just don't see a problem with it.

did you even read the post?

this is where you post if you agree

if you don't agree go to the thread that i even gave you a link to:rolleyes:

I agree that scripting is ruining the game but trying to supress the posts about script-how to's is like trying to defuse a bomb after its exploded. The scripts are something the developers need to fix. We should keep the script posts here so it keeps the playing field level for now. I have to use scripts since the other players using it were driving me crazy. Please dont delete the posts on scripts unless it really does involve hacking or cheating.

Originally posted by TangledThorns

I agree that scripting is ruining the game but trying to supress the posts about script-how to's is like trying to defuse a bomb after its exploded. The scripts are something the developers need to fix. We should keep the script posts here so it keeps the playing field level for now. I have to use scripts since the other players using it were driving me crazy. Please dont delete the posts on scripts unless it really does involve hacking or cheating.

a) i'm not saying they should be taken out of the game, or deleted, just moved in lucasforums to a special area for scripts

b) if you can't beat them, don't join them...2 wrongs don't make a right

c) could you please post this in the area for discussion there is even a link for it at the top of the thread!

You guys just dont want the scripts to be seen at all. You just want the scripts for youselves so you can OWNZ all the No0Bs out there. I see right through your dark veil of deciet and treachery.

making comments that have no meaning to them is kinda pointless...isn't it?

i'm just gunna pretend i didn't even read this because i know that it isn't true

I agree with this petition, not for the reasons of other people though.

I do not think that simply chaining up commands give people an unfair advantage. Maybe an advantage in some cases, but never unfair. I think it's a part of the game, and everybody can do it, thus it is not unfair.

I do however thing there is enough material to fill an entire forum with, and that the material does not belong in a strategy forum, but more to an editing type forum. Therefore I support this petition

Making a Scripting forum could be a waste of the admin's time. With all the hoopla about scripting I'm willing to bet we'll see it go bye-bye in the next patch.

I'll bet you any sum of money it will stay.

I betcha bazillion starbacks that it'll be patched away.

You do know that once you remove scripting there is no button in the menu that works don't you?

The eaziest to see is with the callvote option in the menu, when for example you call a vote for a certain map, the command the server executes is:

callvote "map mapname; map_restart"

Wich is a script. I wouldn't be surprized if they flag yawspeed as a cheat Cvar, wich means you can't use it unless cheats are on, but if they want to remove scripting they have to make a whole new engine. Like jesevus, I'll bet you any ammount of money they will not change the entire engine :)

Archived