Home

Well... That's enough of that

Darth Webster

Darth Webster, if you feel you are not having fun with the game anymore then I wish you well and hope you will find a game that you like (looks like you already have ;)).

On a related note, I have to agree with DW in that what has become of JK II - at least on public servers - Is nothing short of appalling.

Before you flame me and say, "another whiner who can't stand the fact that others play the game a different way" the fact is DW is right about the current state of online play in a majority of public servers.

All I see now are script kiddies and the exploit whores on non-duel servers (FFA, Team FFA, guns or whatever) and now there is even lamers who like to use the exploits of certain duel maps as well to beat you requiring no skill at all.

Example: The Duel Training level that was included in the 1.3 patch.

The latest "exploit" is to get your opponent into the "sky box" (the glass catwalks) and then not actually duel, just smash the floor which sends them falling to the ground which takes off about 20-30 health points... And then once you get wise to this tactic and ask them nicely to come down, the lamers won't come down so you have to use all your force power to jump up and once you get back up there, they then use a script with increased yaw and BS you before you can even land.

I don't think that is fun. And no, not because it happened to me.

I don't think that is real skill.

Especially, since this guy kept doing it over and over again to other opponents until it literally emptied out. It has a seven player limit and ALL the messages from fellow duelers were flaming him for A) wasting our time and B) taking the fun/skill out of what we were all their for: To duel.

(there was no admin on at the time and unfortunately, never really is when you need them).

So while I still think JK II is fun... I think it has some serious problems as far as the public server side of things goes.

What is funny is that we all complain how people who shouldn't be playing the game are -- Younger people (9-13 year old lamers) -- And that actually validates the one thing that e-sports is going to need if it ever wants to become mainstream: Older players....

But ironically, that is not who video games are designed for are they? Hmm... ;)

Originally posted by Darth Webster

Yeah, JKII is dead. I am calling 'er quits. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Dualing is fun, but limited. Every other game type is dominated by skript kiddie. Just not fun. Back to Tribes, methinks.

I might be around for the ocashional dual or to screw around a bit, but over all... this is a ruined game.

Before you delete your game, try my server, script kiddies, assfighters, etc have a hard time in this one - it's easy to die, but only by using normal tactics and skill:

Rage and Honor (GSD)

65.113.116.20:28072

Archived