• Germany- King Tiger
    • USSR- T34
    • USSR- JS-2
    • Britain- Crusader
    • USSR- KV Series

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panzer series? There's a bunch of different kinds of Panzers, Tiger and King Tiger included.

For sheer "Holy s***!" factor, I'd go with the Pz VIII Maus. Sure it was as mobile as a grain silo, but it was more than TWICE as big as the next biggest tank.

maus_05.jpg

Originally posted by Taarkin

Panzer series? There's a bunch of different kinds of Panzers, Tiger and King Tiger included.

By Panzer Series I mean all that were known and called Panzer(I-IV) and were little changed between them.

For those that don't know Panzer is German for Tank.

The JS-2 was armed with a 12.7mm(.50) mg, and a 122mm main gun.

is2_80.jpg

A JS-2 armed with a D-25T Main Gun. It uses a T-Shaped muzzle brake similar to that of the US M48 Patton.

is2_36_3.jpg

that's not true. Panzer is short for panzerkampfwagen which means armored fighting vehicle. if anything panzer means armored and kampfwagen means tank.

It was a rough translation. When I hear Panzer I don't think AFV, I think of the Panzer, a tank.

Originally posted by Jem

I don't admire nor pay much attention to anything army/war related...

Then what are you doing in a thread containing only "army/war related" material?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to post a link to the JS-2 in comparison to its German Counter parts.

CLICK HERE- Coincidently its a Russian site.

Originally posted by Commander 598

Short Barrel=Low Velocity

Soprta backwards isn't it? It gets all its velocity from the power going off, that has nothing to do with barrel length, if anything it equals less friction which would speed it up...however, less barrel also = less rifling = less accurate.....

Originally posted by Zargon

Soprta backwards isn't it? It gets all its velocity from the power going off, that has nothing to do with barrel length, if anything it equals less friction which would speed it up...however, less barrel also = less rifling = less accurate.....

Once the shell leaves the barrel, it moves only via inertia. The longer it's inside the barrel, the more time the explosion has to propell it.

Archived