• USSR- T34
    • USSR- JS-2
    • Britain- Crusader
    • USSR- KV Series

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Taarkin

Once the shell leaves the barrel, it moves only via inertia. The longer it's inside the barrel, the more time the explosion has to propell it.

well of course......don't mind me, I'll be in the corner with the dunce hat on....

while i'm here...

What? No mention of the Char B1 bis or the Mark IV A13? Where's the M-36 JACKSON (BEST WWII TANK)?

You can all have you light tanks and your mediums and cruisers and heavies, I'll take a destroyer any day.

It had a 90mm main gun. That's not bad considering what everyone else was bringing to the party. Plus it wasn't a 'horizontal mortar' like those other monster guns some rare tanks had.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm Best tank? On the eastern front Russia kicked azz with KV1 series & T34s... So until then T34 was the best;) then Germany brought Panther & Tiger to the game but it was too late to stop the Soviet counterattacks.::) Most succesfull tank was the Panther .. capable of destroying T34s from a long range.

And on the western front... Sure Germany had better Tigers & Panthers but not in numbers tthat they would have needed them... So the Shermans won the war on the western front.. And PZIV & Shermans are just about equal...

Well this is just about what I think.. :p

Hmm Best tank? On the eastern front Russia kicked azz with KV1 series & T34s... So until then T34 was the best;) then Germany brought Panther & Tiger to the game but it was too late to stop the Soviet counterattacks.::) Most succesfull tank was the Panther .. capable of destroying T34s from a long range.

And on the western front... Sure Germany had better Tigers & Panthers but not in numbers tthat they would have needed them... So the Shermans won the war on the western front.. And PZIV & Shermans are just about equal...

Well this is just about what I think.. :p

• 2 months later...

Holy Bejebus, new entry!

1000_1.jpg

The p 1500, purely theoretical. Would have been 35 meters long, 14 meters wide and 11 meters high, with 3.6 meters wide tracks per side made of three 1.2 meters tracks. Armament was modular, could have been 2 280mm guns or 8 20mm guns, or even an eight hundred millimer gun. Talk about a land-battleship...

an eight hundred millimer gun

Thats nothing!

The US made a 914mm Gun for the invasion of Japan.

It's called "Little David".

Taarkin, if i'm not mistaken that piece of armor was the Land Cruiser designed by Dr. Porsche, who created the Ferdinand(Elefant)Anti-Tank gun(which was slow and vulnerable).

Funny storyabout the Ferdinand...the early models weren't equiped with machine guns. In emergencies, crews would open the 88mm chamber and fire the machine gun out of the main gun barrel!

Aslo, where'd you hear about Little David? I've seen it metioned, but not in detail and never any pics.

The Ferdinand had a 100mm gun. Its vulnerablility was quickly exploited at Kursk when Russians would simply sneak up behind it and torch the exhaust.

The Ferdinand was the original Tiger tank, however everyone threw it out.

The Little David I heard about while watching the History Channel. Its shell weighed 2 1/2 tons(US Measurement). It made a crater about 8 feet wide and 20 feet deep(Or Vice Versa, I can't rememeber...)

They fired it from remote control while hiding behind a huge dirt mound.

Archived